Topic: A Confession
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 20, 2019 3:50 PM by: Tigerbalm1®
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

A Confession

[27]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 10:57 AM

I had Clemson basketball season tickets from 1955 until the team played their home games in Greenville due to the Littlejohn renovations. The reason I no longer have season tickets is because I can't do the climbing to where my seat would have been and danged if I was going to occupy space reserved for the handicapped fans. During approximately those 60 years I suffered through the good times and the bad, and there were not many good times. I moaned and groaned and probably muttered a few profane words. I complained about the coaching, the players and everything most of you are voicing.

Things have now changed, a change that has affected my mental status as well as my physical condition. No longer do I watch or listen to our games on TV and radio. My blood pressure is down and I don't worry about turnovers, missed free throws, fouls, the quality of the referees, the coaching blunders and all of the other things that draw our ire. I don't worry about whether to fire the coach or keep him. That is beyond my power and pay grade.

Do I still want Clemson to have a basketball program that is competitive and one that would make all Tiger fans happy? You can bet your bottom dollar I do !!! Our AD and Administration are certainly aware of the status of our program and no doubt aware of the opinions expressed by our fans. I also doubt any of us are aware of steps currently being discussed re the future of our program. To do so at this point would be an insult to Brownell and the players and would raise a red flag to any prospective coach under consideration as a new hire. I would suggest that we accept our program for what it is during the remainder of the season and trust the powers that be to find a solution for our problem.

My personal wish is that Clemson can excell in all men and women's sports. There are some sports that would demand very little interst from some of us but a successful program in every endeavor would make us all proud to be a Tiger.

military_donation.jpg

I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger even when we lose***

[9]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 10:59 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's sounds like some thing an almum would say.

[3]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 11:06 AM

Not those 'other' fans.

2019 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

Re: That's sounds like some thing an almum would say.

[1]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 3:50 PM

fans?

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger even when we lose***

[2]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Good points. My Dad and I talk about games, particularly football, and after a bad or tough loss we would complain and play the what if game but in the end we would say, "but you know the sun still came up this morning and it was orange".

Great post Joe!! Shows your usual ....

[1]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 11:11 AM

..,, insightful thinking! ??

2019 purple level member

Re: A Confession

[1]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 11:12 AM

Well said Sir! Thanks for that.

Adding to this is: Brownell is a super young man whom I like & respect..

[3]
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 3:42 PM

and just wish his win records were up to par as is his integrity as a Gentleman.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 LOWER Level Sec T season tickets together. Option to purchase in future years. $1050ea. . Will sp...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
1414 people have read this post