Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mikey Dukes...A Must Read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Mikey Dukes...A Must Read

Feb 2, 2019, 11:40 PM

From The Moultrie News...an open letter written by Michael Dukes. It gives some insight into what kind of player we are getting and also tells of how our staff builds relationships with these kids. It’s long, but we’ll worth it.

https://www.moultrienews.com/sports/michel-dukes-dear-basketball/article_ba0560dc-270f-11e9-8fd1-33f288e01f16.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great read, thanks for sharing.***

Feb 2, 2019, 11:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree, outstanding story...

Feb 3, 2019, 12:01 AM

...he will be a great asset to the team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't HAVE to say goodbye to basketball.

Feb 3, 2019, 12:03 AM

I mean, there is a team at Clemson that could use some help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mikey Dukes...A Must Read

Feb 3, 2019, 12:04 AM

Well, From this 68 year old tiger grad I have to say that this is one of the best written and thought out pieces I have ever read. He will have no problem with his freshman English classes and will no doubt be pushing for playing time on the field soon as well. Thank you Mr. Dukes for sharing your recruiting experiences with us and for being "All In" as a Tiger.....

Well worth the read . . .

Feb 3, 2019, 12:05 AM

Thanks for sharing . . . It was a joy to read!!!

We'll make you feel at home Michael! Thanks for joining the family!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 12:23 AM

Thanks for posting JJP... I sure hope there’s a couple people on this board that post about him being a fall back for Ealy etc with whom I was discussing the point on why I was so stoked about getting him even more so than Ealy.

Ealy has a good film that’s impressive no doubt , but Dukes is all in on Clemson and the Clemson way. No doubt in my mind with Dukes raw ability, once he learns the offense and whether blocking, receiving, or running... he’s leaving it all out on the field every play.

That me friend is why I love this guy and imo he’ll pass some great talent on the depth chart before it’s all said and done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 12:31 AM

kerigantoo® I tend to agree with you...this guy is gonna work his tail off and leave his heart on the field. I’ve watched his film and I think he should be rated higher than he is.

We will develop him and I think he may become one of the great ones to come through Clemson. This kid is special.

Feb 3, 2019, 12:38 AM

You’re correct JJPTigerPaw !!!! You said it better than I ever could. No doubt in my mind, had he gone to a prep school or img etc and done a lot of camps, he’d been a high 4 or maybe even a 5.

As you said, once the coaches work their development system on him, watch out. I remember people saying “who’s this ETN recruit...” look how that’s turned out!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:03 AM

I think ETN was the same situation if I recall correctly. 4 Star at a smaller school that lacked some of the high level competition.

He still had offers from some big players, but we got him late.

A couple of solid RBs in this class. Don’t forget about Dixon though. He will play allot this year with Feast and ETN.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:35 AM

Oh, absolutely. LynJ could turn out to be the best ever. Reminds me of the Depth we had at DE last year... everyone capable at any time. Perhaps the best ever depth we’ve had at RB.

Thanks for the reminder!!!!

Feb 3, 2019, 1:35 AM

Thanks for sharing JJP!! Somehow I missed that right here in Mt Pleasant... Superb article! Very impressive!! As I said earlier - welcome to Clemson Michel - you won’t regret it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Okay.....I'm mow officially going to remember this guy.

Feb 3, 2019, 1:56 AM

Looking forward to what he does at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a link to another good story about Dukes...

Feb 3, 2019, 2:24 AM

it was at the bottom of the first one.

https://www.moultrienews.com/sports/how-michel-dukes-and-first-baptist-saved-each-other/article_a6a67ad4-e0bb-11e8-8aa4-8fc50b43f176.html

Thanks for posting longtallsam!!!

Feb 3, 2019, 3:19 AM

Looks like Tony has found us another gem!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 5:10 AM

I enjoyed every second of that. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 3, 2019, 6:05 AM

Sounds like he has a great Mom and Dad, also. You know I thought I saw his Dad brush away a tear in the commitment video.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 8:57 AM

What a thoughtful young man. Sounds like he’s going to make a great teammate and player. Looking forward to his time in DV.

Feb 3, 2019, 9:32 AM

The next E-T-N!!!

Feb 3, 2019, 10:01 AM

Wow... a Clemson man needs no introduction.

Feb 3, 2019, 10:28 AM

Enjoyed the Moultrie News article you wrote. Welcome to Clemson University.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 10:35 AM

Wonderful article. Sounds like a perfect family for Clemson. It's great to get the players who truly want to be here. Unusual that a young person would wait this long to get an offer. That must have been hard on his ego!

Feb 3, 2019, 10:38 AM

Awesome.

Thank you for posting! GO TIGERS!***

Feb 3, 2019, 12:27 PM

Feb 3, 2019, 1:20 PM

New math equation at Clemson. Swinney/Elliott + M D # 2 = 100% all in Tiger.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic