Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas

May 16, 2017, 10:00 PM

Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas

May 16, 2017, 10:18 PM

I think he goes to the same high school as Leon O'neal who is my favorite Safety in this class. O'Neal would be an AMAZING pickup for Clemson's secondary.

As far as Barber, did we offer him as WR or DB? Looks like a pretty fast kid on film

May 16, 2017, 10:27 PM

Its amazing how wide our recruiting net is now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2017, 10:33 PM

I can't believe we have this many recruits from TX interested. UT, TX A&M, TX Tech, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, etc... You know they are all giving these in-state (I know Oklahoma isn't in state by close enough) players the full court press, and yet they are still considering leaving the Midwest for little ol Clemson, SC. It's a beautiful thing

May 17, 2017, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

Agreed on O'Neal, he's a stud.

May 16, 2017, 10:26 PM

I know we recruit the right person to Clemson but having so few scholarships this cycle why a 3* wr? I mean all we've seen the last two months is 4 and 5* this and that... not doubting coaches by any means but just a little confused.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our staff is not hung up on star ratings.

May 16, 2017, 10:58 PM

I trust them completely. They evaluate talent, character, intangibles.
The results speak for themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Our staff is not hung up on star ratings.

May 17, 2017, 12:27 AM

Forget the star ratings. The offers aren't that great and from mediocre programs.

May 17, 2017, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

Can't teach vision and instincts. This kid has it by the busload.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 7:58 AM

By Clemsons standards hes too short to play wide receiver.

May 17, 2017, 9:23 AM

That's why I complimented his "vision and instincts"....... which are things you need a good DB to have. Plus, Ray Ray and Artavis said hello, how you doin?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

Has the ship sailed on Ross,Adams, and Eagles? We didn't sign near this many three star players last year.

May 17, 2017, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

Did you forget Mike Williams

May 17, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

I actually find it encouraging when we offer a non- 4* 5* guy from time to time. It lets me know the staff is still grinding to evaluate these kids and not just relying on star rankings.

May 17, 2017, 12:54 AM

I wonder if this points to Kendrick becoming a DB and us wanting another 2 WRs since we won't have one committed just a thought. This might. Be just in car offer I still think Adams and ross have clemson high on list but few eagles was going to be hard to get to begin with tho we are still in it. I also really like that 4 star from flordia we just offered really good with the ball in hand but might have gotten in too late with him already having a final 4 though we are WRU and that will get any wr rethinking! So wonder how things will turn out haven't seen any of this kids film so don't know how he looks but from Texas this could open a pipeline into Texas with is worth it to get our footprint into Texas in my opinion but only thing we can do is sit back and see how things turn out! Go Tigers Dynasty being built one class at a time baby great days to be a tiger football fan.

May 17, 2017, 12:54 AM

I wonder if this points to Kendrick becoming a DB and us wanting another 2 WRs since we won't have one committed just a thought. This might. Be just in car offer I still think Adams and ross have clemson high on list but few eagles was going to be hard to get to begin with tho we are still in it. I also really like that 4 star from flordia we just offered really good with the ball in hand but might have gotten in too late with him already having a final 4 though we are WRU and that will get any wr rethinking! So wonder how things will turn out haven't seen any of this kids film so don't know how he looks but from Texas this could open a pipeline into Texas with is worth it to get our footprint into Texas in my opinion but only thing we can do is sit back and see how things turn out! Go Tigers Dynasty being built one class at a time baby great days to be a tiger football fan.

May 17, 2017, 1:10 AM

Tnet I truly would like to know why you feel the need to double post my replys come on it's getting annoying lol

May 17, 2017, 7:37 AM

I'm sure they are working on the problem (user error - cough - cough), and it will be corrected soon (user error - cough - cough).

JK

May 17, 2017, 2:41 PM

Haha if the problem is me do you know what I can be doing to double post like that some do some don't? I know you were joking but if you know something I could be doing to make it double post let me know and I'll see if I'm doing that or what I very could be me lol. But anyways yea like I said I see this kid as a DB offer and not a WR which is a lot better bc after watching film today like someone said I feel like he is Ryan carter but better. And also like someone else pointed out they way these small fast slot guys are evolving into big parts of the offense there is a need for a guy like this. Small very fast and can tackle/ cover pretty well from what I've seen all his mistakes are very coachable like hitting high sometimes. That prob due to him playing all over the field and not yet mastered that posistion yet which reed will make that happen no doubt in my mind. Would be very nice nickel back for us. Go Tigers!!

May 17, 2017, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

One big thing that popped out to me tho was he is only 5 9 which is not our typical wr size so this could also be a DB offer he is listed as ATH by most services Idk like I said we just got to sit back and see how things pan out

May 17, 2017, 7:12 AM

In that case does that mean that the higher db prospects are looking elsewhere?

May 17, 2017, 2:50 PM

Maybe they have surtain projected to LSU and feel that will be a long shot to land him. Also Lytton I think commited to fsu, Anthony cooks is still in the mix, I think it will be a hard get though I think we are def still in it with him. I'm kinda blanking out on other prospects we are going after tyreke Johnson which idk how we stand with him. Also I think we are trying to flip derrick Allen from ND bc shocked me when he commited to ND thought we were his favorite at the time!

May 17, 2017, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 3-star ATH from Texas ]

Yeah, I think he projects as a CB. Looks like a fast, mean DB, who loves to hit. He tackles a little high at times, but he seems much better than his ranking suggests...

May 17, 2017, 8:53 AM

Nickel DB take all the way. Great ball skills and hands. Reminds me of a quicker and faster Ryan Carter. Somebody has to cover those little slot receivers that are becoming more and more popular in football.

I've see him play in person ...athlete is a great deacription

May 17, 2017, 8:56 AM

He started off the year at quarterback and then got moved to wide receiver. They run an offense similar...somewhat...to what Clemson does. This kid is usually the best athlete on the field. Now where he plays at the next level I'm not sure...maybe DB, maybe WR...but definitely not QB

Re: I've see him play in person ...athlete is a great deacription

May 17, 2017, 9:25 AM

I'm thinking DB at the next level. Looks like legit 4.5 or better speed, natural ball skills. These guys that play all over the field are sometimes pretty underrated. Hard to rank somebody as a 4 or 5 star WR or DB or QB when they just don't spend enough time at one position. It would be big time if he could get O'Neal to come to Clemson with him

His stats from his Opening Regional

May 17, 2017, 10:57 AM

Barber, Taye
Houston 18
WR
Cypress Springs - TX
5-9 height
183 weight
4.65 40 yard dash
4.00 20 yard shuttle
38.5 Powerball