Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gamecock great George Rogers says he voted for Watson to win the Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Gamecock great George Rogers says he voted for Watson to win the Heisman

Apr 21, 2017, 8:17 AM

Gamecock great George Rogers says he voted for Watson to win the Heisman

George Rogers proved Thursday night that you can put the hatred that runs deep in the rivalry between Clemson and South Carolina to the side and pull for someone you respect and admire. That’s why he voted for Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson to win the Heisman Trophy. Twice.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that was a picture from The Green Mile***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:18 AM

Re: I thought that was a picture from The Green Mile***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:40 AM

Lol, exactly my thoughts!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to I thought that was a picture from The Green Mile*** ]

That pic looks just like Michael Clarke Duncan, AKA John Coffey. I have watched that movie no less than 10/15 times, love the movie, but still not confessing love for George Rogers!!! I think that I'm correct saying that he never carried a FB across the end zone in Clemson's Death Valley....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan, AKA John Coffey a yr. or two ago***

Apr 22, 2017, 1:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Michael Clarke Duncan, AKA John Coffey a yr. or two ago***

Apr 22, 2017, 5:12 PM

Yep, he passed away on 9-3-2012. From everything that I've heard about Michael Clarke Duncan, he was a gentle giant that died much to young at the age of 55 of a heart attack two weeks before his actual death. RIP big guy....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to I thought that was a picture from The Green Mile*** ]

I am SO GLAD that this is the first comment in this thread. PERFECTION!

Manafold, Freddy B, Classof09, etc ain't gonna like this***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, Dabo is turning guys like Rogers into Clemson fans.

Apr 21, 2017, 8:26 AM

Pretty crazy how infectious Dabo's personality and leadership can be.

Re: Lol, Dabo is turning guys like Rogers into Clemson fans.

Apr 21, 2017, 11:48 AM

well, you have to remember, they are currently stuck with muschump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome! Great article! Thank you George Rogers***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:37 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

At least we can get one cocaine addicts vote***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:37 AM

Re: At least we can get one cocaine addicts vote***

Apr 21, 2017, 8:54 AM

What he says and what he does are two different things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2017, 11:55 AM

Well, I can't see any coot publicly admitting that they voted for a Tiger to win the Heisman Trophy if he didn't. Absolutely nothing to gain by making that statement!!!

Apr 21, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to At least we can get one cocaine addicts vote*** ]

We had cocaine users play for us too.

We?***

Apr 24, 2017, 6:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Do we know who Manziel voted for?

Apr 21, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to At least we can get one cocaine addicts vote*** ]

We might have gotten two

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So did Spurrier

Apr 21, 2017, 9:40 AM

Most of the "football guys" voted for Watson. It was the media was who gave it to Lamar Jackson.

Jackson looked honestly surprised that he won when it was announced.

Re: And Saban

Apr 21, 2017, 10:23 AM

Who knows probably better than anyone else outside of Clemson what Watson can do.

Well, alrighty then

Apr 21, 2017, 10:27 AM

Just gained a bit of respect for Mr Rogers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Ill get blistered by some for this

Apr 21, 2017, 10:51 AM

But George, in his prime before coke got him, was the best big back I ever saw, including Herschel. Only three Chickens have ever scared me with the ball in their hands: George, Sterling Sharpe, and Shaw. He was an absolute load in the open field but our D pounded his ### out of the end zone. For the youngsters out there, that was when the rivalry was pure hatred. It still is, but back then it seemed even nastier. Glad I got to witness those days along with today's greatness.

Re: Ill get blistered by some for this

Apr 21, 2017, 10:54 AM

Nastier than claiming racial slurs after the game?

No, I am saying that we did not have all of the distractions

Apr 21, 2017, 11:02 AM

we have these days and it just seemed to be a little bit of a rougher scene back then from my perspective. I go back to the 70's and it just seems that way. It is still hatred but it had another edge back then.

Apr 21, 2017, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Ill get blistered by some for this ]

I believe the hatred between the coot fans and Clemson fan is worst now than they were 15 years ago. They had never had the taste of multiple years of success that we've had until Steve Spurrier. But since Spurrier, our hatred for each fan base has grown to it's highest level ever, IMO....

I think what I am saying is

Apr 21, 2017, 12:10 PM

Now you have all of the social media, fan board stuff, it is just different. Back then, to me, it was more at the games with insulting chants, in your face stuff in person. The 1978 and 1981 Chicken games remain the most hostile I have ever been to. Could be just my experience though. Also, could be the fact my late Pop and late Uncle were absolute Chicken detesters, which may skew my perspective a bit.

orngpurple® is right - A dead chicken mascot says it all

Apr 22, 2017, 3:46 PM

Does anybody remember the game in DV when the fans on the Hill killed the Coot's rooster?
I do, man; so does my brother.
The **** thing was running behind the endzone along the base of the Hill. The bird got spooked and flapped itself into the crowd.
After about a 20 second scuffle, a dead chicken was thrown back onto the field.

Can you imagine that happening today??

It's true that things were rougher back then.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Apr 21, 2017, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Ill get blistered by some for this ]

I agree. He was a great one, but I'll always remember (and I'll bet he does too) that he never scored a touchdown against Clemson. Neither did Herschel, or Stump Mitchell. We put some pretty stout defenses on the field in that era.

I don't buy it

Apr 21, 2017, 11:14 AM

If every1 voted for watson, how did he lose?

Bobble head faunbaum is the only 1 I've heard honestly said he voted for lamont and made a mistake.

Every else. "Yeah, I voted for watson"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: New Story: Gamecock great George Rogers says he voted for Watson to win the Heisman

Apr 21, 2017, 12:13 PM

Thank you sir. I am a Tiger fan but voting for Watson showed true sportsmanship.

Re: New Story: Gamecock great George Rogers says he voted for Watson to win the Heisman

Apr 21, 2017, 9:25 PM

I commend him. It shows he has MUCH more class than the typical coot. As bad as many will hate to admit it, there are certain things that should transcend the rivalry. D.W. was one of those things that should transcend the hate. A fine young man with good moral character should receive the respect he deserves whether he wears Garnet or Orange.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic