Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scrimmage Report: Defense shines, quarterback race tightens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Scrimmage Report: Defense shines, quarterback race tightens

Mar 15, 2017, 9:20 PM

Scrimmage Report: Defense shines, quarterback race tightens

The Clemson football team held its final practice before spring break Wednesday afternoon in the indoor practice facility, and head coach Dabo Swinney oversaw an offense that ran exactly 99 plays, the same number of plays Clemson ran in the 35-31 win over Alabama in the title game in January. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still say this QB battle will continue through pre-

Mar 15, 2017, 9:28 PM

season camp. Even if one does start to separate, I think they are close enough that coaches will keep the competition heated by not naming a starter until they have to. We may not even know until just before kickoff of the first game. In fact, whoever starts that game, may not be the starter by season's end.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I still say this QB battle will continue through pre-

Mar 15, 2017, 10:01 PM

In the video clip in the other article, Elliott sure sounds enthusiastic about Cooper. There's a difference between seeing it here in print compared to the audio version.

I think it's safe to say that Cooper is the clear favorite

Mar 15, 2017, 11:08 PM

here on T-Net. I can sort of understand that, since Kelly couldn't beat out Nick Scheussler for 2nd string last year, and we don't know if he can make all of the throws or not. I'm not sure that's sound reasoning though as we know even less about Cooper. Personally, I just want the best guy in there. I think we have 4 very good, capable QBs, and I think we are in good shape no matter who it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think it's safe to say that Cooper is the clear favorite

Mar 16, 2017, 12:25 AM

Mr. Zerrick Cooper is the man with the arm, hands down. He throws one of the prettiest looking ball on the team. If you not ready, he can stick it in your face mask for a completion.

That's what I've heard, and I've factored that in.

Mar 16, 2017, 1:42 PM

I still think it will be at least a two, maybe 3 man battle all the way, but for now, Bryant has the edge.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: New Story: Scrimmage Report: Defense shines, quarterback race tightens

Mar 15, 2017, 9:45 PM

Atta Boy, Kelly! Y'all are just dying to give QB1 to anyone but Bryant, cause he seems like a Nick Marshall run first kind of QB, and we've developed the pass version of Auburn's offense. The thing is, we've only really seen Kelly run, cause he's always in during third string mop up duty.

I will be happy with whoever wins the spot, but with Bryant, we could very well have the male version of Ms Jackson.

Mar 16, 2017, 7:33 AM

...or it could be that he also on top of that could not beat out Scheussler for 2nd string behind Watson at any point in a single year for 2 consecutive years, which again in my opinion says something when you are supposed to be dual threat like your first string QB.

Scheussler had better knowledge, experience, and consistency

Mar 16, 2017, 9:16 AM

No surprise he was the #2...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scheussler had better knowledge, experience, and consistency

Mar 16, 2017, 9:38 AM

Throwing the ball efficiently also helped. He was 23 of 33 for 334 yards and 6 TD's; passing efficiency of 184.7. Not bad for a backup to Watson, who was on the field the majority of the time. ;)

Mar 16, 2017, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Scrimmage Report: Defense shines, quarterback race tightens ]

Who is Ms Jackson?

Florida STATE, not Florida

Mar 15, 2017, 10:05 PM

... in the tombstone paragraph.

Mar 15, 2017, 10:08 PM

How far behind is Cooper and Johnson behind Bryant?

1) Bryant..2) Cooper......3) Tucker...4) Johnson?***

Mar 16, 2017, 10:13 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Procedural bologna or balooney?

Mar 15, 2017, 11:15 PM

Nm

Mar 16, 2017, 12:53 AM

Noticed Elliot stated, Cooper, Israel & Johnson tightening the race by 2nd scrimmage on Bryant.
IMO, I can't wait to see what Johnson can do in scrimmage & in live game situations. Who knows, maybe Auburn rotation..

Gawd, I hope not.

Mar 16, 2017, 11:52 AM

That was a momentum killing cluster frick.

Mar 16, 2017, 10:32 AM

I see that one of Renfrow's catches was a 39 yarder. Should we be concerned when looking at the quarterback and receiver stats that all the other passes other than the one Renfrow pass must have been really short ones? And, with the Renfrow catch, we don't know how far it travelled in the air.

I know the our defense is going to be great again and the quarterbacks probably are not getting a lot of time to throw, but I hope we can stretch the field, and not just throw screens and short crossing patterns.

Go Tigers!

Mar 16, 2017, 10:52 AM

I was at the scrimmage yesterday. The QB rotation was Bryant, Cooper, Isreal. Only after each had seen the field 3 or 4 times each did Johnson get his opportunity.

Mar 16, 2017, 11:43 AM

Can someone help? I don't recognize the name.

"little Ty Thomason, a 230-pound kid who's been playing wideout"

And is this the bruising back we've been longing for in short yardage situations?

Mar 16, 2017, 1:09 PM

check him out !!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/player/Ty-Thomason-381

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic