Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign

Mar 9, 2017, 7:34 PM

Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is Stupid!!!!!!!***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:36 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is Stupid!!!!!!!***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:40 PM

When has government bureaucracy not been incredibly stupid?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is Stupid!!!!!!!***

Mar 10, 2017, 7:44 PM [ in reply to This is Stupid!!!!!!!*** ]

This is beginning to smell like uga doings. If so it is already backfiring. One OL already leaving. Maybe the HS players in Ga.Do not like being told where they must play if they want any accolades. The dot need to visit wayx and see all the signs that look exactly like this one with the few exceptions. They honor MLK which is ok, and there is Ozzie Davis prkway and many others. This is not only the RR capital of the world but there must be more 4 way stops here than any other city in Ga. or any other city. If this is not on a national hi-way what does the feds have to do with it?

Re: FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign

Mar 9, 2017, 7:44 PM

Sometimes....sometimes I wonder is it because someone is bored they come up with this crap or is there a political motivation behind it? Either way it sucks....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told you

Mar 9, 2017, 7:57 PM

Not to vote for a Trump! lol

Re: I told you

Mar 9, 2017, 10:43 PM

Not Trump's fault. It's a holdover from the previous administration, trying to maintain control under the newly discovered shadow government. Get tin foil hats ready.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I told you

Mar 10, 2017, 3:06 PM

Of course, I was joking!

I live in hall county, Georgia and

Mar 10, 2017, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign ]

It was all worth it. No regrets.

Re: FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign

Mar 10, 2017, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville could face loss of federal funds over Deshaun Watson sign ]

All anyone needs to do is ride the streets of WayX and figure out that the city has never had any Federal funds for streets and Hi-ways.

Mar 10, 2017, 7:56 PM

> All anyone needs to do is ride the streets of WayX
> and figure out that the city has never had any
> Federal funds for streets and Hi-ways.

> All anyone needs to do is ride the streets of WayX
> and figure out that the city has never had any
> Federal funds for streets and Hi-ways.

The reason I am comparing WayX and Gainesville is they are about the same size and the Feds have no business meddling into the affairs of either. Sorry about that but I am Po-ed.

someone from Bama on the federal level***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:45 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: someone from Bama on the federal level***

Mar 9, 2017, 7:50 PM

Yep, somebody in that part of the country said lets see if there is a law some where about the color of signs, and they got lucky and found one!!! Tha Prick!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

insane how much overreac the feds have

Mar 9, 2017, 7:46 PM

heck there have been cases of families sued over lemon aid stands

Re: insane how much overreac the feds have

Mar 11, 2017, 3:02 PM

It reeks of stupidity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just mad DW picked Clemson over Georgia

Mar 9, 2017, 7:49 PM

and then won a National Championship. So many other things they could be doing with the roads in GA

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: They're just mad DW picked Clemson over Georgia

Mar 9, 2017, 7:53 PM

UGA hasn't won the NC since Clemson in 1981!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2017, 8:04 PM

Dang never ceasing government over reach. Drain the swamp!

Mar 11, 2017, 3:05 PM

The DOT certainly is a swamp that needs draining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope whoever the idiot was that sent the Nuclear Option

Mar 9, 2017, 8:19 PM

to Gainesville, GA Gets the old "YOUR FIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddd" from one of Donald's Peeps!

Mar 9, 2017, 8:27 PM

:(

Mar 9, 2017, 8:32 PM

This guy/girl is either a coot, buckeye, elephant or a leg humpper.

US Transportation Dept. has bigger issues to work on/fix than this.

Just a real idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only time you see government move fast is when

Mar 9, 2017, 8:51 PM

they're pissing everyone off!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Let's timeline this

Mar 9, 2017, 8:52 PM

Man gets degree, wins national title, had a road named after him, feds threaten to cut funding due to sign color on a road probably not more than 1 mile long. Forecast: said man meets with President in near future along with the rest of the team and we never hear of this again. Read sign stays same.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's timeline this

Mar 10, 2017, 3:58 PM

Ooh! I like it. :) :) :)

Someone really should expose who signed the letter that got

Mar 9, 2017, 8:52 PM

this GDOT / Federal funding bs going.

Please post who decided this was worthy of government (state I assume) time and money to pursue this.
I'm sure voters need to know that this person is spending the taxpayers money wisely.

I hope this goes viral. Maybe someone will lose a job

Mar 9, 2017, 8:55 PM

for being so incredibly stupid.

Re: I hope this goes viral. Maybe someone will lose a job

Mar 11, 2017, 3:09 PM

This!

butt hurt. If he went to uga never an

Mar 9, 2017, 9:03 PM

Issue

Georgia DOT

Mar 9, 2017, 9:09 PM

SUX!!!!!

It was federal DOT not GA, learn how to read***

Mar 9, 2017, 10:42 PM

Re: Georgia DOT

Mar 11, 2017, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Georgia DOT ]

Not a new thing .

Re: Georgia DOT

Mar 11, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Georgia DOT ]

if DW had gone to UGA the Ga. DOT would be mush more forgiving!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2017, 9:19 PM

We can all count on our fine government to swiftly tackle the real nasty and terrible issues we face every day, sign colors. Good job Feds, keep it up. Don't worry about drugs and human trafficking and the real evil stuff, go after them awful signs.

Mar 11, 2017, 3:13 PM

Yep!

the burning question remains...

Mar 9, 2017, 9:27 PM

Why the #### is Gainesville getting federal funds. Should be county and state only. The fed has pimped out road funds, now states and even small towns are just junkies. Time to blow up D.C.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta be a coot involved!!!***

Mar 9, 2017, 9:37 PM

Makes perfect sense that ruskie trump hates Deshaun***

Mar 9, 2017, 10:38 PM

Re: Makes perfect sense that ruskie trump hates Deshaun***

Mar 9, 2017, 10:49 PM

Holdovers from Obama in the CIA, NSA, DIA and EPA did this. Or payback from Ruskies because Carter boycotted their olympics, or something...is my tin foil hat on straight?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: DOT hack likely Bama supporter

Mar 9, 2017, 10:52 PM

Just sayin it seems this is more likely a disgruntled Bama/SEC fan employed by the DOT rather than a standard employee. Such quick notice of infringement of regs points to that being likely I think.

Re: FB Update: DOT hack likely Bama supporter

Mar 10, 2017, 4:46 AM

Just change the color of the sign and put a 85ft banner up.... or a Roadside sign behind it with Gainesville colors no big deal. The road is short as all get out anyways

That wouldn't work either...

Mar 10, 2017, 6:41 AM

The banner would, but all "official" signs have designated colors.

Simple Solution!

Mar 10, 2017, 7:21 AM

Put a complying Federal Road sign up next to the honorary sign and say screw it.

Re: Simple Solution!

Mar 10, 2017, 10:20 AM

Sounds like SCDOT. Must be some sort of employment qualification for DOT jobs. Prerequisite... must be an idiot have have no common sense. I just get a warm and fuzzy feeling about my tax money everytime I read something like this! I say change the colors to ORANGE and WHITE! Lol!

oh for heaven's sake. it is not an "egregious overstep by

Mar 10, 2017, 8:24 AM

federal bureaucrats." It's folks letting Gainesville know they need to comply with federal law to receive federal funds. Is it possible for conservatives to have a conversation on any topic without having to include the "federal gubmint caused my butt to hurt" language somewhere?

Re: oh for heaven's sake. it is not an "egregious overstep by

Mar 10, 2017, 9:15 AM

If cities and states can ignore Federal laws on drugs and immigration why comply, does the color of a street sign really matter?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2017, 9:27 AM

DOT = Department Of Twits.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to oh for heaven's sake. it is not an "egregious overstep by ]

Not saying it was an overstep but did you at least read the whole article?

They literally offered a much better option of giving the 30 days notice to remove the sign. Instead, the government went full on threat from the get.

Is it possible for libtards to have reading comprehension and not suck at the teet of the gubmint?

Mar 10, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to oh for heaven's sake. it is not an "egregious overstep by ]

Sanctuary city for "red " signs? Say that and laws don't matter, right? Still expect to get funded.

Re: Couldn't they just

Mar 10, 2017, 12:49 PM

Erect the sign a few feet back just inches off the highway right of way and tell the Feds to pound sand?

Mar 10, 2017, 1:21 PM

And there are people who think that the government does not have too much control over our lives. Seriously?

Crazy liberals******

Mar 10, 2017, 4:03 PM

I don't get the problem.

Mar 10, 2017, 4:19 PM

The press release said that failure to comply could jeopardize federal funding. There is nothing indicating that their funding was actually being taken away imminently. No overreach was even suggested by the story, the city is just mad because it screwed up and has to pay for a new sign.

Is everyone suggesting it's inappropriate for the to be a standard for road signs?

I'm not seeing any reason I'm supposed to be all butthurt and snowflakey over this.

Misleading headline by Tigernet. Like to get people fired up

Mar 10, 2017, 6:38 PM

over trivial shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fault lies with GT

Mar 10, 2017, 6:29 PM

You would think some of them really really smart engineers from Georger Text over at the GDOT would have known better. Not a good idea to put a street name sign on top of a stop sign like that. And typically street name signs are supposed to be white letters on green or white letters on blue. I think it was conspiracy. After all his high school team was the Red Elephants, right?

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic