Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: First CFP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,426

Plyler's Blog: First CFP Poll

Nov 2, 2016, 9:53 AM

First CFP Poll

First CFP Poll
I know I should not look ahead and I should be more concerned about Syracuse, but below is a look at last night's playoff rankings and the teams Clemson is competing against for spots and seeding the playoff. Clemson fans will have one eye on the potential opponents in Glend

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Analysis Mickey...

Nov 2, 2016, 10:05 AM

I agree that Bama's schedule is the toughest, but no one can deny the way they play in all areas of the game. D, O, ST... it's all there. Others, including Clemson, have won against a higher level of competition, but against lesser opponents they have struggled to play a complete game like The Tide. So it makes sense to have them at the top. They are consistently really good on both sides of the ball, regardless of who they play. And they demolished A&M.

That said, I think Clemson can take them in a rematch. Which I'm praying for :)

See ya Saturday (I sit a row behind you.)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Plyler's Blog: First CFP Poll

Nov 2, 2016, 12:19 PM

I do not think Wisconsin gets into the playoff even if they win B10 Championship game.

Louisville is not likely to drop unless they lose but I do nto see a game that will move them past Alabama with one loss or Clemson with one loss or a B10 champion with one loss or a Pac12 Champion with one loss. or A&M with one loss. If they win out and score bunches like they did until the Clemson game they may stay ahead of Wisconsin.

I think Washington moves ahead of A&M if they win the Pac12 even with one loss.

Alabama with none or one loss is a lock.
SEC champion with only one loss or less is a lock.
B10 champion with only one loss or less is a lock.
ACC champion with no loss is a lock
Pac10 champion with no loss is a lock

Clemson and Washington are in if they win out but both could get there with a loss depending on other teams losing a game.
If Auburn beats Alabama, Clemson is in even if we lose one game, we are also helped if FSU beats UF.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: First CFP Poll

Nov 2, 2016, 12:29 PM

I suspect Bama's first place ranking is speculation that they will finish undefeated. I think it settles a possible move in the first two spots in later rankings. That may mean that they do not expect Clemson to lose either and eventually Bama's SOS will pass ours. I'm an LSU fan this week.

Nick seems to be aggressively fighting complacency. Maybe complacency comes when a team's #1 ranking in every poll week after week throughout a season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic