Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today

Dec 13, 2015, 2:44 PM

after big Dex's official visit is done with NC State. Once again Dabo finds a way to get the last word in with these elite recruits.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today

Dec 13, 2015, 2:50 PM

Don't think so. Dabo saw him Friday at his school. All signs not good for Clemson. Think Momma and girlfriend win out.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Seriously?

Dec 13, 2015, 2:51 PM

I thought this kid was a Clemson lock

Re: Seriously?

Dec 13, 2015, 2:54 PM

He's being swayed hard in the home stretch here. But until he signs Clemson should continue to pursue.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Everyone always says a "Clemson lock"

Dec 13, 2015, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

for a few of the elite recruits on our board...it gets old year in year out. They said the same of Mount Adams a few years ago. In my opinion, don't celebrate until signing day. Heck, don't get overly excited about Smith. Always better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Dec 13, 2015, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

Yeah I don't think there's any in home today. A sad case of a top tier player who will probably be wasted on a mediocre team :(

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw about the in home on a NCSU website

Dec 13, 2015, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

from NC State people, so I figured there may be something to it.

Re: Saw about the in home on a NCSU website

Dec 13, 2015, 3:14 PM

Heard that Muschamp is parked around the corner , with gifts .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 13, 2015, 3:20 PM

Clemson's rivals site also says there a visit today.

Dec 13, 2015, 3:29 PM

Saying opposite. Dabo can't go but Venables could go in home today but is not. Probably a good sign.

Dec 13, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

Tiger woods this would be disappointing. We always seem to be so close to getting studs but end up 2nd. I know we get our share for sure but the ones I'm talking are the ones that were supposedly leaning hard for us. Maybe wrong on some but and obviously more. Gurley and Marshall, Carl lawson. Kmediche, montravius, I think a couple that ended up at uscjr.

We really whiffed on

Dec 13, 2015, 3:22 PM

Deon Cain, Mitch Hyatt, Christian Wilkins, Ray-Ray McCloud III, Albert Huggins, Mark Fields, Clelin Ferrell, Jake Fruhmorgen, Garrett Williams

Re: We really whiffed on

Dec 13, 2015, 3:23 PM

Uhh I said we get our share. People really spin comments on here.

People really badly word their comments, too.***

Dec 13, 2015, 3:27 PM

Re: People really badly word their comments, too.***

Dec 13, 2015, 3:37 PM

No what I said was spun. My point is it stinks to be so so close to getting these studs. I'm not talking the ones that were thinking Clemson at one point. I'm speaking of the ones that either committed and decommitted or said we finished 2nd. I also said we get our fair share. Kind of just a talking point but I've realized sometimes that's tough on here.

Dex picking NCState

Dec 13, 2015, 3:39 PM

would have meant there's nothing Clemson or Alabama or any good school could have done to prevent this.

Re: Dex picking NCState

Dec 13, 2015, 3:41 PM

Yea kids are gonna go where they want. Guess I'm greedy I want them all.????

Re: Dex picking NCState

Dec 13, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Dex picking NCState ]

Hopefully you get my point, but maybe not.

H8 . . . your comments aren't spun . . .

Dec 13, 2015, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: We really whiffed on ]

Here is what you said:

"We always seem to be so close to getting studs but end up 2nd. I know we get our share for sure but the ones I'm talking are the ones that were supposedly leaning hard for us. Maybe wrong on some but and obviously more. Gurley and Marshall, Carl lawson. Kmediche, montravius, I think a couple that ended up at uscjr."

"We always seem to be so close to getting studs but end up 2nd." - - we get a BUNCH of studs. Period. Starts with James Davis and goes to ALL the fire power we are getting now.

"I know we get our share for sure" . . . .kinda of an OLE' statement to try & blow off the EXTREMELY highly rated recruits we do win - so you can continue on your unswayable thought process.

. . . "but the ones I'm talking are the ones that were supposedly leaning hard for us. Maybe wrong on some but and obviously more. Gurley and Marshall, Carl lawson. Kmediche, montravius, I think a couple that ended up at uscjr." - - the ones we have missed on due to Momma's, Chick-fil-a's, and who knows what all else.

No spin . . . we can't get them all. NOBODY can get them all.

It seems to me - based solely on this post . . . you are a glass half empty kinda guy.

And there are a lot of folks on here that are glass half full kinda folks. That's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: H8 . . . your comments aren't spun . . .

Dec 13, 2015, 5:08 PM

Nope very happy with the state of Clemson football. Not glass half empty. It was just an observation to the topic that it looked like we're losing Lawrence to nc state which I didn't create. Like I said thought it may start a convo about whether people cared or didn't about recruiting. I know we're not going to get every stud. I was simply talking the ones that were oh so close to being ours. What a terrible idea my bad. I guess 10 out of 10 could read it a different way.

Wow ..... well, OK. Was trying to be civil with my response

Dec 13, 2015, 5:49 PM

& convey why THE MAJORITY of responses were along the lines that you were a ##### ( I'm paraphrasing ).

Good luck with your 10 outta 10. Seems to be working great so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Wow ..... well, OK. Was trying to be civil with my response

Dec 13, 2015, 5:55 PM

You mean a ######? Correct. Just making sure I understand what all the fuss is about.

Dec 13, 2015, 5:57 PM

Dude. Quit while you're behind. Clemson recruiting will be fine. We always get ours.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2015, 6:03 PM

I know that and I stated that. That's why I guess I'm confused.

That is what is upsetting to the coot. Clemson recruiting

Dec 13, 2015, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow ..... well, OK. Was trying to be civil with my response ]

will be fine.

DUH! "We ALWAYS seem to be so close but wind up 2nd".***

Dec 13, 2015, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: We really whiffed on ]

Dangit, why can't we get them all? Fire somebody!

Dec 13, 2015, 5:23 PM [ in reply to We really whiffed on ]

NOT. We will be just fine.

Dec 13, 2015, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

We're not out of it yet. Really no one knows. I would not be shocked if he picked Clemson. Or NCState

Dec 13, 2015, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

Most NC State guys aren't confident they will land him. This one will be up in the air until he announces tomorrow. It is literally 50-50

Dec 13, 2015, 3:30 PM

How do you visit during a dead period?

Dead period starts tomorrow.***

Dec 13, 2015, 3:31 PM

Dec 13, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing Dabo has an in home with D. Lawrence today ]

Dead period starts midnight tonight.

Dec 13, 2015, 3:32 PM

ok Thx. Better be out of there by midnight or we'll turn into a pumpkin.

If you have

Dec 13, 2015, 4:16 PM

To beg them to choose Clemson they probably aren't very bright to begin with!

Dec 13, 2015, 7:42 PM

Hope this kid can see down the road a bit. Close to home now but if his future is the NFL then being surrounded by elite talent at Clemson only makes you better, makes you look better, and gives you better credibility with NFL teams. It's not a small thing that NFL teams are trusting our guys coming out because they've been well coached and are good teammates.

Make the right decision Dex!!

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic