Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New App Idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 4,129

New App Idea

Oct 18, 2015, 8:37 AM

How about a cell phone app that lets you type in your seat location at Death Valley. Then at some point it syncs up with a server to get a timestamp and a sequence file. Then at a scheduled time, the app would let you know when, everyone holds their screen up and a animation would play. It would be a digital version of flash cards.

You could do waves (chases), color patterns, large tiger paw, text, etc. It could also blink the LED flash for some killer effects.

This could be engineered where it would not require everyone to be connected at once. I'm a software engineer. Are any others interested in a source forge project like this??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New App Idea

Oct 18, 2015, 8:56 AM

I apologize in advance to you non-techies, but I just want to jot down a few ideas while the are fresh in my mind...

The GPS on most phones may be sufficient to get a coordinated timestamp so that the phones are synchronized.
GPS would probably not be good enough to identity seat location for reliable animations.
I already have sequencing software for animation that I use for my animated musical lightshows (lombardylights.com) that can take a animation and output an XML of events for each "pixel"
IPTAY could email everyone to ask them to download the app well in advance.
Once the user enters their seat number, a sequence file for that "pixel" is downloaded.
Audience would need to be instructed to launch app, unless already running in background. In that event phone could vibrate or something to inform people it is time for the show.
The welcome screen on the app would have all instructions very clear on what to do at game time.
Provided the timestamp syncing can be done via GPS, there would be no need for network access during game.
The animation would be predetermined, I.e. Not a live feed, so that it can be downloaded in advance.
Sound could also be used. Cool ideas for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New App Idea

Oct 18, 2015, 9:03 AM

Kool! I'm in! Just send instructions!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like an app that lets you tase unruly visiting team fans

Oct 18, 2015, 9:01 AM

This BC kid about got a butt whipping over his foul mouth last night. His Clemson buddies saved his life by shutting him up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd like an app that lets you tase unruly visiting team fans

Oct 18, 2015, 9:05 AM

TEXTING SERVICE - Fans needing assistance in the stadium can text "Clemson" followed by the issue and their location to 69050.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

One of the most brilliant posts I've seen in a while!***

Oct 20, 2015, 5:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 4,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic