Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,089

New Story: Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play

Mar 12, 2015, 8:51 AM

Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play

The first part of Clemson’s spring practice is in the books, and veteran Nick Schuessler has answered most of the questions concerning the quarterback position. However, head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Wednesday that the best player will play regardless of experience. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play

Mar 12, 2015, 9:08 AM

Cole stoudt 2.0

He just wants to redshirt Bryant and Isreal

Tell 'em coot!***

Mar 12, 2015, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he wants to RS Bryant and Isreal***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Predict overreacting inversely correlated to pulse.***

Mar 12, 2015, 9:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he's better at spring camp, he's been there before

Mar 12, 2015, 9:17 AM

The other two QB should be getting fitted for a prom tux.

Re: New Story: Schuessler leads at the turn, but Swinney says best player will play

Mar 12, 2015, 9:21 AM

Long way to go. Let's see what fall brings

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 9:44 AM

Watson stays healthy it is a mute point anyway. The backup will be a mop up role for at least the next two years.

Question I would ask Dabo:

Mar 12, 2015, 10:10 AM

On a 1 to 5 scale, rate Watson and Stoudt last spring after 6 days. Then do the same for Schuessler.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt was MUCH better with a dedicated QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 11:30 AM

For all of Chad's Offensive know how,Streeter did more with Stoudt in less than a month than Morris did in 4 years.

Re: Stoudt was MUCH better with a dedicated QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 11:33 AM

sigh sigh sigh. streeter did great no doubt but maybe, just maybe, the month off to heal all the injuries he suffered during the year helped also. some of you just love to grasp at any straw

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not straws, just have the opinion(mine only)

Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

that a dedicated QB coach is much better than having a QB coach with all the responsibilities the OC has during the week/game helps. Doesn't take away anything The Chad did while he was here, just think, faced with him leaving,hiring a QB coach with nothing else but the QB to deal with helps.

re: QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 12:14 PM

I'll go one further: I think Chad Morris's main deficiency as a coach was teaching the fundamentals and mechanics of the QB position.

I think he was a heckuva Alpha Dog, system-builder, and a very good offensive mind. I think his scheme was very good and it definitely broke scoreboards when he had the right personnel.

I don't think Morris was particularly good - actually I think he was pretty bad - at developing and coaching QB's. His guys were extremely effective because of tempo and because he got the ball into the hands of his playmakers very successfully, but as far as teaching QB's how to throw, go through a progression, pocket presence, etc, etc, his guys were just not overly well-tutored. Tajh either hit the bomb or he pulled it down and made like a RB; his accuracy on short-and-medium-range passes was suspect and it bit him in the NFL Draft. Chad Kelly looked much the same in the time I watched him. Morris didn't seem to know what to do with Stoudt. Schuessler didn't progress at all under Morris either.

Just my opinion, but that was the main beef I had with Morris. And I definitely think Streeter worked miracles with Stoudt for that bowl game. I'd never, ever seen Stoudt look that good before.

The proof will be in the pudding, though, as it always is. We already know what we have with Watson, but if Schuessler comes out throwing it all over the lot in Spring ball it'll be indicative. If guys like Kelly Bryant develop to their substantial potential it'll be even more indicative. I guess we'll see.

Re: re: QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 1:01 PM

I will disagree with you on one point you made. Tajh Boyd's problem was his inconsistency to read defenses and look off defenders. Boyd even considered himself a gunslinger. Therefore he would many times rifle a pass into coverage because he was confident it would get there and in many cases it did. Hence the reason he liked throwing it deep. Let's not forget who he had on the other end of those passes. Cole would have been a first round pick if Sammy and Martavius stayed this year.

The rest, I could not agree with you more. Morris the offensive genius? More like idiot savant level! Tajh had the talent to mask Morris's inept QB coaching and it was exposed with Cole. Streeter really cleaned him up. I would also like to point out Scott and Elliot also devised a game plan that fit their QB and allowed Cole to take chances throughout that game. And with all the offensive know how, Morris could not figure out a plan that fit his non-mobile QB.

Re: re: QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 10:03 PM

I hate this site because I have to log in every time I want to post. For some reason I won't remember my password. Well anyhow. After ready your post about how you think Cole Stoudt would have been a first round draft pick if he had Sammy and Martavius to throw to, I forced myself to log in jus to say that you are one dumb ###.

Sample size too small & varied to call Morris a bad QB coach

Mar 12, 2015, 9:23 PM [ in reply to re: QB coach ]

It seemed (to me) that Boyd innately lacked the quick-mental processing and consistency. As Gruden said in his evaluation of Boyd, "peaks & valleys". None of Boyd's NFL QB-coaches managed to change what seemed to be his innate weaknesses.

Watson made Morris look like a QB-coaching genius but Watson is innately gifted-- and mentally better than Boyd.

Stoudt was a 3-star recruit and performed like one (so I can't blame Morris).

Kelly was all an egotistical hothead. I think that was innate, not Morris.

LOL. You got all that from one game? Heck, I saw

Mar 12, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Stoudt was MUCH better with a dedicated QB coach ]

Stoudt throw it better against BC three years ago than he did against OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL. You got all that from one game? Heck, I saw

Mar 12, 2015, 2:09 PM

Big difference being up to BC vs. starting and winning a football game.

Mar 12, 2015, 11:28 AM

It shouldn't matter what so ever who the back up QB name is as long as who ever it is will give us the absolute best chance to win. I just want our coaches to put the best out there regardless of their name, age, or the amount of time they have been on the team. Bottom line is, NEXT BEST MAN UP!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2015, 11:56 AM

I like the new cordinators and I like the addition of Streeter to the team. It's a long way until that first game with Wofford and a lot will happen , No one should question the work effort of this team and the summer will be great. I can't help but think that it will all be good.

Wait a minute...

Mar 12, 2015, 12:17 PM

"Go with whoever gives us the best chance to win"...

I know this is beating a dead horse but you had to be blind not to know Watson > Stoudt and gave us the best chance to win. Granted DW wasn't 100% healthy, I get it, but come on! Even before the injuries.

Georgia - he choked
FSU - guy was wide open, threw it into the turf, thanks to DW for cleaning it up a bit and didn't make the loss as bad
Georgia Tech - picked too many 6's

But I digress...past is in the past, just don't repeat history! please :)

Did Scheussler paly against UGA or FSU?***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:44 PM

Re: Did Scheussler paly against UGA or FSU?***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:52 PM

No, and I wasn't referring to him. I was talking about Stoudt.

Good Ole Slushy!***

Mar 12, 2015, 8:50 PM

Didnt Dabo say, "there is nothing less imprortant than the score at halftime?"

Mar 12, 2015, 10:10 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,089
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic