Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Backup Quarterback
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Backup Quarterback

Mar 4, 2015, 9:44 AM

Backup Quarterback

Backup QB
I chose to not write about Clemson basketball or baseball today. Life is too short to dwell on a really bad day for Clemson athletics. So I made a choice to focus on something a little more positive, Clemson football.

Perhaps the biggest storyline of spring football practice

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Backup Quarterback

Mar 4, 2015, 9:47 AM

"on a really bad day"??????? lol Such drama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Mickey on this one...

Mar 4, 2015, 10:08 AM

Winthrop getting the sweep on Clemson (do we play them in anything else this year?) & State "turning out the lights" in Little John. I think those commemorative coins handed out at the basketball game lost much of their luster last night. Wonder how many of those will wind up in wall plaques for State fans?
Even so,
Go Tigers!!

Bryant or bust if Watson gets hurt.

Mar 4, 2015, 10:41 AM

No offense to Israel but why do I feel like the days of a 6 ft QB leading us to the big game ain't happening? I'm not sure what to make of Schuessler.

I think Tucker might be 6'...

Mar 4, 2015, 10:48 AM

if he's up on his toes!
Our QB coach and O coordinators will figure out the best way to use him as he's puts the ball on the money, but to me Kelly appears to be our QB of the future.
Good luck to all our players.
Go Tigers!!

He seems to be the more prototypical QB

Mar 4, 2015, 10:56 AM

out of the bunch. I can see some serious, serious groaning with Schuessler at the helm. I get a lot of that would come with general fan frustration his presence in the line up means DW is hurt again, but either way it could get ugly.

Re: He seems to be the more prototypical QB

Mar 4, 2015, 11:18 AM

I feel the same about Israel. I don't really stress too much about his height. I mean Russell Wilson and Drew Brews do it in the NFL. I see him not redshirting because he is the better passer and better at reading defenses.i feel it will be more beneficial for us to redshirting Bryant and really work on his passing. If necessary Israel can make the passes needed. With all the offensive weapons we have he will find a way to distribute the ball. Let our Rbs do the running and use Artavis and Cain for wildcat if need be. I mean everyone keeps worrying about Israel's height. But the kid broke all kinds of records in Florida. And we all know the talent that is down there. He obviously has a very special gift. As Dab put it "he came out of the womb slingin' it." Got to love that.

Sort of like Maty Mauk of Missouri ...***

Mar 5, 2015, 5:20 PM [ in reply to I think Tucker might be 6'... ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2015, 11:16 AM

Let's hope Watson doesn't leave in 2016. I would think he'll stay another year to get his degree, but who knows. Also, by then, we should have Bryant or Israel ready to take over. I just haven't seen enough of Schuessler to know if he can take over or not.

Mar 4, 2015, 4:06 PM

Football players are required to stay at school over the summer and take a class or two. That, along with the early enrollment that so many do these days, allows them to graduate in 3-3.5 years as long as they keep their grades up and don't fail crucial classes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Backup Quarterback ]

I think Watson will graduate early... he is pulling a 4.0 I had heard. I do not expect him to be at Clemson more than 3 seasons unless there are more injuries. I think he would have been a top 10 pick this year in the NFL draft. I would draft him higher than Winston! :)

Mar 5, 2015, 11:32 AM

Bryant seem to have the long term advantage but I believe Israel will backup Watson early this fall.

There's plenty of time for Bryant to learn to work the system yet and I wish him the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic