Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Play Ball!!! Tigers, Leggett ready to start the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Play Ball!!! Tigers, Leggett ready to start the season

Feb 11, 2015, 3:57 PM

Play Ball!!! Tigers, Leggett ready to start the season

Clemson baseball is back, and Clemson head coach Jack Leggett and the players say there is new attitude surrounding the program. What is different? What is the scouting report on West Virginia? What does Leggett say about fan support? Photo by Liz Condo / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excited for the new season. Let's make a run.***

Feb 11, 2015, 4:00 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Clemson baseball and don't wanna sound negative but..

Feb 11, 2015, 4:07 PM

I hope the "new" attitude includes not falling behind in the count in every at bat. Go Tigers. Beat WVU

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nevermind

Feb 13, 2015, 9:11 PM

Nothing's changed

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like there is a new attitude every year.***

Feb 11, 2015, 5:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems like there is a new attitude every year.***

Feb 11, 2015, 6:33 PM

Not with some of the fans

Not JL's biggest fan by any means...

Feb 11, 2015, 9:08 PM

but at same time can't bring myself to root against the boys wearing orange and purple regardless of who's at the helm. Hoping the guys play better and improve from the recent years.

GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not JL's biggest fan by any means...

Feb 11, 2015, 9:12 PM

I like JL he's comes by our tailgate 2 or 3 times a year very nice man

I am hoping for success, but these sorts of comments sound

Feb 11, 2015, 10:09 PM

like what we heard in the waning Bowden years. They are searching for their identity, and maybe this is they year is comes back together. Sweeping WVU will be a good start.

Re: I am hoping for success, but these sorts of comments sound

Feb 12, 2015, 9:52 AM

Jack Leggett is a great baseball coach and a great man! The crusty old "fair weather" Clemson fans whine a lot, but I don't think they realize just how good we have it at Clemson with Jack and the rest of his coaching staff. These guys are some of the best coaches in the country, and they are doing the right things with the program to be more competitive....recruiting the right type of players, building new "best in class" facilities, and running a very high integrity program.

The changes to the NCAA rules back in 2008 (related to Title 9) limiting the number of scholarships to 11.7,etc., has put NCAA Division I baseball on more of a level playing field. Also losing recruits to the MLB draft has made it challenging for Division I baseball. It is just a more dynamic environment than it used to be, and as a result smaller programs like Kennesaw State, Kent State, Stonybrook, etc. are able to establish top 20 type programs that can compete with everyone in the country.

I think we should count our blessings that we have the baseball coaching staff that we have at Clemson. I beleive the program is headed in the right direction, but our "crusty" fans need to be more patient and more careful to understand the environment and what they are lobbying for when they state that we need a change! Need to understand the landscape before such flippant comments / suggestions are made!

The man is in the Hall of Fame, and every player that currently plays for him or those that have played for him in the past would tell you how great of a coach he is. Look at the number of players that return to be a part of his staff.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic