Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: New football facility shows Clemson is serious about winning the arms race
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: New football facility shows Clemson is serious about winning the arms race

Feb 7, 2015, 7:01 AM

New football facility shows Clemson is serious about winning the arms race

Clemson University has officially served notice to the rest of the college football world that the Tigers won’t be left behind. In fact, recent moves by the powers that be that govern the university have let the rest of the ACC – and the country – know that they are going to have a hard time keeping up. Photo by Clemson University Athletics Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Onward and upward. I love it.***

Feb 7, 2015, 7:29 AM

Re: New Story: New football facility shows Clemson is serious about winning the arms race

Feb 7, 2015, 7:34 AM

Hope Batson is developing special exercises for these arms. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the subtle jab at the coots!

Feb 7, 2015, 8:10 AM

Dabo is definitely staying on the cutting edge. So happy with the direction our program is headed!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If you're just building an indoor practice facility"

Feb 7, 2015, 10:04 AM

Haha, love it!

They'd rather put up 80 foot banners of a coach they're ready to fire. He'll, they just planted grass and got rid of the rotten produce aroma a couple years ago!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "If you're just building an indoor practice facility"

Feb 19, 2015, 5:46 PM

I don't think that was a shot at the coots. They've had a 60 yd indoor facility since the 70s. They're currently building their second one right now.

Hello Coots, Goodbye Coots..CLEMSON is off for bigger FowL than you BirDs!

Feb 7, 2015, 8:43 AM

GoTiGERS..git er done & win!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why beat/eat coot when you can have duck!!***

Feb 7, 2015, 8:47 AM

Dabo is an innovator!

Feb 7, 2015, 9:01 AM

It's exciting to see us acting, instead of reacting! I remember coots telling me:"y'all need to get a real coach like Spurrier! Dabo will never get it done!" My immediate reply was we have the coach we need! He inherited a mess! But! How you like me now!? It has been amazing watching Dabo go from a wide eyed newbie head coach that wore his emotions on his sleeve. To a calculating tactician that wears his emotions on his sleeve! He has come a long way! My only complaint was QB management from day one. Having three people replace The Chad, should add extra perspective and experience that was missing. Streeter can give him the insight most couldn't. Streeter was such a scrappy QB, without talent around him. I remember one Thursday night at Virginia Tech I thought they were going to kill Brandon! He just kept getting up and making plays! Our lack of depth caught up in the 4th quarter though! That's another thing Dabo has fixed! We are so deep now! By time the 4th quarter rolls around, we are dominating both lines of scrimmage! Keep up the good work!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Ford understood this better than most. He knew the

Feb 7, 2015, 9:30 AM

direction things were going and understood that it's cheaper to stay ahead than trying to play catch up. Sadly, Max Lennon was an elitist like Barker and couldn't check his ego. Clemson has suffered ever since. We're still playing catch up, but closer than ever to getting back to where we were. Presidents at colleges with high profile athletics understand that the football and/or basketball coaches are household names and very popular. If they can't handle that they should stick to schools that aren't into sports.

null

Re: Danny Ford understood this better than most. He knew the

Feb 7, 2015, 10:45 AM

You hit it on the head. A lot of the Tiger nation still has no clue why Danny was let go. It was all about who had more power with Lennon and Daddy Danny. Coach Ford had IPTAY and their money and Lennon had the state and the board. Coach Ford had a vision to take the recruiting to the new world and Lennon was going to make sure that he had the final word. The rest was nothing but bad history as one of the nation top programs falls off the cliff and fogotten. Look how long it has taken to be placed back on map and moved towards the plans of a coach that knew the future.

Feb 7, 2015, 1:32 PM

Different take, Danny spoke of his problem just Thursday , it was his temper that got him fired.
Danny knew he was more popular and if not for that weasel Robinson maybe he holds his fall into insubordination .

But the whole thing started over facilities and then egos***

Feb 8, 2015, 1:16 AM

null

Feb 7, 2015, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Danny Ford understood this better than most. He knew the ]

His daughter was dating somejuan who he wasn't "fond of" is the myth ..

Got knocked up by and NOT a myth.***

Feb 8, 2015, 1:16 AM

null

Feb 7, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Danny Ford understood this better than most. He knew the ]

As big a fan as there is of Danny, but he was wrong about the sports dorms. He pushed and pushed for new ones and shortly after that, the NCAA banned them.

Hindsight is 20/20. At the time he was right.The NCAA didn'

Feb 8, 2015, 1:19 AM

decide to outlaw them until a couple years later. NC Stat was building a Taj Mahal and it was hurting Ford's recruiting.

null

But I was told that if Clemson doesn't join the SEC that we

Feb 7, 2015, 1:25 PM

will be left behind financially by the coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, does it slightly bug anyone else that other sports

Feb 7, 2015, 1:33 PM

will be in the football stadium? It's like having a mirror crooked on the wall. It's just not quite right. :)

It's a constant reminder that "your sport isn't as important as football."

Re: Also, does it slightly bug anyone else that other sports

Feb 7, 2015, 1:51 PM

Dan Radacovich has stated that Athletic department personnel associated with the Athletic Director will move into the West Endzone, not personnel associated with other sports at Clemson.

This satisfies me. Thank you.***

Feb 7, 2015, 11:04 PM

most coaches will have offices in their stadiums

Feb 7, 2015, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Also, does it slightly bug anyone else that other sports ]

with current renovations Leggett moving into Kingsmore, Brownell into Littlejohn, etc.
Seems Terry Don wanted all his coaches down the hall from his office, DRad has the opposite strategy.

I think McFadden and Jervey will be re-purposed into something else (a sports HOF museum maybe, or a "new" Vickery Hall?)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: New football facility shows Clemson is serious about winning the arms race

Feb 7, 2015, 2:15 PM

Nice if the WEZ could house some kind of fan experience/ recruiting center. Too nice just to be offices.

So when is our new HD scoreboard stretching from the North

Feb 7, 2015, 2:28 PM

to South Stands coming? Oh no you don't Aubie.

Our Athletic Department gets any/everything it wants.

Feb 7, 2015, 2:29 PM

Typically I'd say this is the worst thing that could happen to a University. With Dabo appearing to be more concerned with student's grades than he is with winning football games I'd be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

feels like we're doubling-down on a gamble

Feb 7, 2015, 4:35 PM

and Clemson is willing to make a big-time bet on the future success of college football.

Even after everything that has recently come up with NCAA, Ed O'Bannon, Northwestern, etc., I guess the powers that be feel pretty confident that there isn't any risk to the money slowing down anytime soon.

Either that, or they are counting on the fact that our loyal fan base will be happy to keep paying more for IPTAY every year.

Either way, they picked a good year to make it happen since we're winning and they are getting the butts in the seats.

Have to question whether the path of big money we're on in college football is sustainable, especially now that Chris Fowler won't be running Game Day anymore after 29 years. Seems like a gamble to me.

remember when jervey was awesome***

Feb 7, 2015, 11:09 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope all this continued building in a flood plane.....

Feb 8, 2015, 1:27 PM

doesn't bite us in the ### one day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously folks, that is a lot of money.

Feb 8, 2015, 4:05 PM

I'm not against spending money on great projects, but man that is a lot of money to be spending on a football headquarters.

Feb 8, 2015, 4:13 PM

Very Impressive...hope to see it one day in the near future. We have to be proactive instead of reactive. Reaching for the future. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic