Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 2015 Clemson football schedule released
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

New Story: 2015 Clemson football schedule released

Jan 29, 2015, 10:05 AM

2015 Clemson football schedule released

TigerNet has your first look at Clemson's 2015 football schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like it

Jan 29, 2015, 10:07 AM

A LOT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:07 AM

Open date is way too early.

Re: I don't.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:12 AM

Don't like the Louisville game on Thursday. Screwed my plans. Hoping for a Saturday game so I could have driven down. Thanks Soffie you piece of crap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the worst schedule I've seen in a while

Jan 29, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I don't. ]

Why are bot FCS schools at the top?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: This is the worst schedule I've seen in a while

Jan 29, 2015, 10:17 AM

Look at ALL the ACC schedules...just about every team has their FCS schools at the beginning of the season...

not certain the reason

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm certain of the reason. It's because John Swofford

Jan 29, 2015, 11:32 AM

is mentally deficient and he wants to put basketball back on top. He's a worthless pile of chicken turds.

They're not

Jan 29, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to This is the worst schedule I've seen in a while ]

Wofford is FCS.

Appalachian State is FBS as they are now in the Sunbelt Conference. We only play one FCS school this year.

MT

we have gone back to scheduling a conference opponent

Jan 29, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to I don't. ]

before the sc game as thy play a weaker opponent and have 2 weeks to prepare for us. We need to continue to fight fire with fire.

Re: I don't.

Jan 29, 2015, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I don't. ]

New Program. New Mindset. Only Fans are concerned about things Program can't control.

Believe me, It is water under the bridge to the staff and the student-athletes.

got a 3 week gauntlet in there that will be troublesome

Jan 29, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I like it ]

at Miami
at NCSU
FSU

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: got a 3 week gauntlet in there that will be troublesome

Jan 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

I think that'll actually help us. Those are good tune-ups for FSU. Much better than playing Wofford or having an open date before FSU imo.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to got a 3 week gauntlet in there that will be troublesome ]

Well, look at Louisville.. They open up with Auburn, then play Houston, THEN a Thursday night game with Clemson.

We got a tough SIX game stretch that is gonna make us or break us, starting with Notre Dame and ending with FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where In The World Did You

Jan 29, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to got a 3 week gauntlet in there that will be troublesome ]

purchase a Dixie beer?

haven't in 10+ years...it's a RIP tribute

Jan 29, 2015, 11:36 AM

Dixie Beer has been deaded since Katrina, I believe.

Jan 29, 2015, 3:03 PM [ in reply to got a 3 week gauntlet in there that will be troublesome ]

I was more concerned about
Irish
jackets
b.c

Love the cupcake before ACC Championship game.***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I like it ]

BOOOO!

Jan 29, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I like it ]

Thursday game followed by open, then ND and GT. This sched is not played out well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I like it

Jan 29, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to I like it ]

me too! This can work to our advantage with the playoff especially. Just win and we are in!

When does Spring practice begin?

Jan 31, 2015, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I like it ]

I know March, what day?

Spot the ball! Let's do it, Tigers!!!***

Jan 29, 2015, 3:01 PM

Oct. 3rd is the real reason Lou Holtz retired from ESPN

Jan 29, 2015, 10:08 AM

He didn't want to be on the broadcast the night of that beat down.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: New Story: 2015 Clemson football schedule released

Jan 29, 2015, 10:09 AM

Open date before ND. Hmmmm.

GA Tech after ND has me a little uncomfortable, otherwise

Jan 29, 2015, 10:09 AM

a solid schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:11 AM

Its about the best you can hope for. A lot of good teams on the schedule this year. GT after ND is pretty tough, but atleast its after a home game and a bye before ND. Thurs at LOU is ok since its after the 2 so-called cupcakes, NC ST before FSU is fine, Cuse and Wake before USuC is great as well. Overall its not bad, you have to play those teams regardless....just WIN!

3 home games in a row and only 2 of the last 6 at home.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:11 AM

### near impossible to go to three in a row from Charleston and too many home games in the heat of Sept and October.

Ugh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brutal***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:12 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sandwich schedule...all the meat's in the middle.***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome! Big Boy schedule with Big-Boy games!

Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM

Hate to say it--but just like a SEC schedule with big games throughout the year--you know Georgia-Florida in Jacksonville late or Tennessee and Alabama in October, etc.

If you love big-time football at Clemson then this is the schedule for you! Best job ACC has done in years for creating a great schedule!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're one happy Buckaroo!***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 10:18 AM

Louisville on Thursday night early is going to be a problem. Fortunately the remaining tough ones are at home. I could easily see another 10-2 type season, provided Deshaun can play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2015, 10:27 AM

Good thing is we'll know a good bit about them going into that game...they play Auburn for their first game, so should give some good film.

UGH! My biggest fear realized...

Jan 29, 2015, 10:23 AM

TH night @ Louisville.. and on a short week no less. At least it comes after App St and Wofford and not after a conference game, but that still sucks.

Having our bye week in week 4 sucks.

Getting GT the week after ND sucks. It could be worse, but playing ND for the first time in decades is going to be a big, emotional game, and then we have to turn around and play GT.

Wake before the capons is good. That's about the best we could've hoped for given the situation. FSU isn't in a terrible spot.

I've seen worse, but i give this schedule a D.

could be MUCH worse

Jan 29, 2015, 10:32 AM

you must be new to this ACC scheduling.

I think it's the worst schedule we've had

Jan 29, 2015, 10:37 AM

since 2006 when we had to play @VT on a TH night 5 days after the GT gameday game.

Re: I think it's the worst schedule we've had

Jan 29, 2015, 12:01 PM

yeah....but I would take this team with that schedule any day. Although now that I mention it, we gotta be able to block up front with this schedule

Re: UGH! My biggest fear realized...

Jan 29, 2015, 10:40 AM [ in reply to UGH! My biggest fear realized... ]

A win on the road at night at UL will be given a lot of credit.

We have to win it first. Playing that game on TH night

Jan 29, 2015, 10:45 AM

rather than like a Sat afternoon probably lowers our chances of winning by at least 10%.

I like the Open Date better later bc everyone is banged up later in the year***

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I like the Open Date better later bc everyone is banged up later in the year***

Jan 29, 2015, 7:51 PM

A bye week before Georgia Tech would be useless, though. ;)

I am glad we don't open with a "Do or Die" game

Speaking the obvious, couple games to "warm up", see what's what ... make adjustments ... again, I don't take ANY game lightly, cause I have seen a "cupcake" beat a "powerhouse" ... actually, Wofford gave us fits couple year back .... ASU beated Michigan !

Re: I am glad we don't open with a "Do or Die" game

Jan 29, 2015, 3:23 PM

ND is like a do or die b/c we will have been off for over 14 days . . . :(

That open date is useless.

We already have a long week after the Thursday nighter. Why prolong that? We need that open date somewhere down in the meat of schedule. We are going to be wore by the end of schedule. Did we not have 2 open dates last year? They won't have played ball in almost two weeks before Notre dame... Tricky right there.

FSU gets 8-9 games to break in new QB ...

Early Louisville test on short week .... wish it could have been the next Thursday.

Long break before ND .... too long IMO can break up rountine. Flip - can do some prep for Ga Tech.

Ga Tech after ND is tough

Who knows of what to think about back to back road games at Miami and NCSU?

Glad we got a cupcake before ACC championsip game.

Re: FSU gets 8-9 games to break in new QB ...

Jan 29, 2015, 12:18 PM

Dabo and co. Will not prepare for a team other than the one that's next on the the schedule. When you start doing that you get beat.

18 days is a long time ....***

Jan 29, 2015, 12:46 PM

Not too happy to see the FSU game down in early November. Whoever loses that game more than likely won't climb back into the the rankings in the 3-4 remaining weeks. If we can get past Louisville, the open date before home games against ND, GT and BC will get us primed to make a run in that home stretch, before 2 tough but winnable games at Miami and NC State. Then there's FSU...hopefully we are healthy that late in the season, and have developed some consistency. I think this is a very winnable game next season and could very well see us undefeated heading into it.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:25 AM

Oof, that open date paired with a Thursday night game is terrible. I'd have much preferred the order go:

Louisville (Thursday)
Boston College
Notre Dame
OPEN
Georgia Tech

From Louisville to Miami is going to be a gauntlet. It really sucks getting Louisville at Louisville on a short week. I would have rather had the bye week in front of that. Then we'd get 10 days to prep for Louisville and then ten days to prep for ND. At least the three weeks of ND, GT, BC are all at home. That should help.

Oh well. Here we go!

Yup, complete waste of the bye week.***

Jan 29, 2015, 10:44 AM

Re: Yup, complete waste of the bye week.***

Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 AM

Absolutely. That's my only real beef with the schedule. Getting GT right after ND is going to be tough, but we were also very fortunate to get them on long weeks for the past few years. At least it's at home.

Early credit road win at UL

Jan 29, 2015, 10:32 AM

I like the schedule.

short week vs Louisville is gonna blow and GT right

Jan 29, 2015, 10:40 AM

after ND is gonna blow. Interesting that we don't have an FCS opponent prior to SC game this year as we've done the last 2 or so years.

Re: short week vs Louisville is gonna blow and GT right

Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 PM

Well...
Weak Forest is kind of like a FCS school playing in a ''power 5" conference...

Jan 29, 2015, 10:47 AM

No team having a bye week before us this year is a slight plus as well.

Jan 29, 2015, 10:53 AM

If we are playing well, I like the open days early, no injuries were should be fine, gonna be tough , but noone can say this is. An easy schedule

Jan 29, 2015, 11:03 AM

Now before we have some collectively loosing their minds over the fact we play two easy teams first, let me remind you that the past two seasons it has been Georgia then an easy team. Which means we played an easy team before South Carolina. Well our record was 1-1. That won't make a bit of difference who we play before South Carolina. If you think about it, I think we all felt great in 2012 when Tajh Boyd threw for a billion yards and 6,000 touchdowns while Vic Beasley racked up 6 sacks as a sophomore undersized D-end versus a very talented NC State team that beat Florida State that year. Still didn't turn out well for us did it? So instead of focusing who we got before South Carolina, lets focus on how the schedule set up for us.

First, I like it because it gives us a chance to break in or declare the starters before our real test versus Louisville. Remember, they had a pretty stout defense last year so I am glad they are game three instead of one or two. Remember, we are replacing 8 on defense and we are breaking in o-linemen for better or worse. So games one and two are an extension of Fall Camp.

Secondly, the schedule is more like climbing the mountain rather than peaks and valleys. Meaning, we go from weak comp to tough comp to weak comp. There is no trap game in that bunch past App St. before Senior Day against Wake Forest. Which means, there is no sleep walking. While we haven't had that problem in a while, it is important to point out that this schedule won't allow us to NOT focus.

Finally, and most importantly, our toughest opponents are at HOME!!! Now before you say BC and WF aren't tough games and Miami and NCSU aren't cakewalks, consider that we made NCSU trip to Death Valley a living nightmare last year. Miami is not even close to being the "U". BC will be a year better and tougher. WF will be WF. It is good to know we get GT, FSU, and ND at home. We may feel comfortable about all those other games but we beat the new "BIG THREE", and win the ACC Championship, we are play-off bound people. I didn't mention South Carolina. It will take care of itself. We know what they don't have coming into the season. We also know they are very uncertain about February 4th. So let them do them and we will do us....

Alrighty gentleman, after March 2nd, it will time to begin "putting in work!" Let's get it!!!

NCSU is a trap game. They always play us tough up

Jan 29, 2015, 11:20 AM

there. Open date is too early b/c of wear and tear of the season. ND and bugs back to back is tough b/c of the way the D has to prep for the option.

But I will be in DV everytime the gates open, with a woo-hoo (chain yank) and Go Tigers!

Only problem i have is that i wish we didn't have the 2 "cupcake" games back to back

Jan 29, 2015, 11:24 AM

I would of liked to open up with Notre Dame then play wofford and put app st somewhere in the middle of the season. I also wish our bye wasnt so early. We have a tough schedule this year, but that's how it should be. Wofford isn't a push over, they played us a close game in 2011 and played coots a close game in 2012

What is good about this schedule

Jan 29, 2015, 11:31 AM

is that I DO NOT see a team that we CAN NOT beat home or away! SPOT THE BALL!!!

Don't Love it, Don't Hate it

Jan 29, 2015, 11:57 AM

We need to have that App St. or Wofford game before SC instead of two powderpuffs early on

I do like the fact that we're playing FSU later in the year, I think that's a great idea. That first ACC game on the road, Thursday night at Ville scares me

Great Schedule! And here is why...

Jan 29, 2015, 11:57 AM

Don't have to sweat to death those last two September weekends. Love the Bye before Notre Dame.

And this program is far removed from what team we play what week. Love it. Sure it makes for a long stretch, but you can only control the things you can control. And what if we go on a great winning streak those last two months. It would almost Guarantee a spot in the playoff.

I'm ok with opening with one pushover

Jan 29, 2015, 12:00 PM

But not 2. It's disgraceful we don't play any real teams until the 3rd week.

If the team treats Wofford or App St. as pushovers, we will

Jan 29, 2015, 12:27 PM

be in trouble. I agree a major FBS program in there is better, but both teams will need to be taken seriously. Wofford is good GT prep. GT is going to be serious next year. Winning ND and GT back to back is going to be difficult.

Jan 29, 2015, 12:39 PM

Looks like no road trip for the Louisville game but why didn't we get the first game with Notre Dame this year ? I'm sure they will start the season with a high rank . So lets hope they beat GT

Re: Not a fan of schedule with Division II schools

Jan 29, 2015, 1:15 PM

Get rid of the Wofford game. Re-schedule with Kentucky, Maryland, or maybe SMU. I believe that Division I schools need to go to 1 or possibly 2 Pre-season games. This way you can schedule your in state schools and attendance would be good for fans to see what the team has for upcoming season and the game or games don't count. I see it a win-win for both teams. I also think this would eliminate some of the talk for strength of schedule or lack there of and would give a true and better measure for teams to be chosen for the playoff. The only reason that teams would shy away from this would be that they want to continue to "pad" their schedule and they would be scared.If you are going to play football then play big boy football.

I don't mind the schedule as a whole, but the Open Date is

Jan 29, 2015, 1:16 PM

at a bad spot. First of all, it's too early in the season. Second of all, it's the week after a Thursday night game. Thursday night games already give you a few extra days of rest before the next game. That is negated since there's no game the week after.

App State is better than Wake, so I like that Wake is right before SC.

I have to say though, Louisville looks like they've got the easiest road to the division title this year. They get Clemson on Thursday night at home, and they've got an open week before FSU. They also drew Pitt and Virginia from the other side (rather than GT and Miami for both CU and FSU).

Is shrimp season open September 17 in Louisville???

Jan 29, 2015, 2:41 PM

Seems a bit early for fresh seafood.

Jan 29, 2015, 2:41 PM

I was hoping to go to the Louisville game but I guess that will have to wait a couple years.

I dont like it being on a Thursday. That just screams trap game.

null

I don't like the fact that...

Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM

4 out of the last 6 games are on the road. While the 3 straight home games in October are nice, it would have been better to have a road game in there somewhere.

good finally the sec is getting it..

Jan 29, 2015, 3:02 PM

each year the atlantic tends to be decided by the first week of october..this year it wont be until november as it should be

acc*****

Jan 29, 2015, 3:03 PM

Jan 29, 2015, 7:16 PM

Looks to be a tough schedule...believe in our players...Know our guys will fight to be the best...I believe in our Tigers...All Clemson fans need to be All In like our players will be. Are you all In fans???...If so show them you believe they will do very good this coming year. lets show them before spring practice that we will support all their hard work... Go Tigers. They will believe in each other and themselves. They are Tigers and we will hear them roar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIX SIMPLE WORDS...

Jan 29, 2015, 9:10 PM

Line them up.

Knock them down.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic