Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Long Winter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Long Winter

Jan 5, 2015, 9:28 AM

Long Winter

Show details
Thanks!

Long Winter
Struggling in basketball is nothing new to Clemson.  Having little hope for better in the future is new.

I don't know many who thought Clemson would upset North Carolina Saturday night in Littlejohn, but I also don't know many who thought the Tigers

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it starts at top...

Jan 5, 2015, 9:47 AM

Besides talent the HC is responsible for bringing in recruits who have the work ethic and passion who want hussle and grit. Also, if a coach loses his players with complicated defensive and offensive systems it can be a downward spiral. Brad looked like Tommy Bowdan in that post game press conference Saturday night.

Re: And it starts at top...

Jan 5, 2015, 10:09 AM

His recruiters and assistant coaches are on the way to getting him canned....a state of the art coliseum housing a division III team wont play well very long....we are gonna take some god-awful beatings this year and there is nothing we can do about it, and we are several years into this program....

I agree BUT

Jan 5, 2015, 10:38 AM

Tread lightly! Anyone that says anything too negative opens themselves up to a lot of bashing and being called a coot!

and rightly so.....***

Jan 5, 2015, 10:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's silly

Jan 5, 2015, 10:56 AM

And childish to call someone who dares to have a differing opinion a coot. I don't openly criticize anything Clemson but if someone articulates a different opinion with respect but concern I would never call them a coot.

the word game....

Jan 5, 2015, 11:18 AM

what's the difference between "bashing someone" and "expressing a differing opinion"??

the problem is, the great uneducated want the ability to come on Tigernet under an alias with no clue as to their true identity and want to belittle, demean, denigrate, "bash" if you will, Clemson student-athletes and those in charge of supervising/training them. All these are individuals who represent Clemson University in one form or another....these "bashers" insist its their right to do so, because on game day, they're "Clemson fans" (and a great many of these people are disguised chickens or fairweather fans)

Yet, they don't recognize the right for other people to "bash" them--to defend Clemson University and those that represent it.

Now, which attitude do you think is silly and childish again?? Those who demand the right to criticize without being held responsible for their actions, or those who utilize the same rights?? Which is "bashing" and which is expressing a different opinion??

Who's being silly and childish?? If you can't stand criticism, don't criticize.....after all, its just the internet, isn't it??

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And it starts at top...

Jan 7, 2015, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: And it starts at top... ]

Brownell has a secure job until the season after we get back from Greenville, I think. Having to play home games 45 minutes off-campus is tough in any circumstance, but it makes recruiting even tougher. So he'll get a pass next year and maybe the year after. But he will have harsh eyes on him after that.

It has to start with a true 100% commitment from

Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 AM

the Clemson athletic department that basketball will be a real priority and not an afterthought.

This has absolutely never happened in Clemson history.

And make no mistake, Clemson is light years behind in this endeavor. Not only because we haven't invested nearly enough while others have ... but, on top of that, we've competed against programs that have also been willing and able to cheat rampantly for decades increasing their already substantial head start.

Last Saturday, we faced a team from a school that has done everything necessary to achieve what our fans say they want in a basketball program. And they started the process over 50 years ago!

Catching up will be a huge task ... maybe it will be impossible. But, the first step has to be spending the money to build the type of playing facility that great recruits absolutely expect and great coaches absolutely require.

Do we want great players? Do we want the best coach possible? If so, we have to spend the money to make it happen.

Until we do that, mediocrity will be our best case scenario.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday looked like some past teams where

Jan 5, 2015, 10:35 AM

Our ball handler(s) could not get past a good defense. Credit to UNC for playing hard on D and breaking the game open early. Rod is practically the only point now - those lost players are a big impact now - and Roper has struggled this season so far. The good teams attack our weakness which is our offense right now. We look very thin compared to the better teams we have seen so far. I think Rod and JB should drive to the basket as much as possible. But Rod can't do that and be the point for the entire game.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Long Winter

Jan 5, 2015, 10:37 AM

Agree about hall, roper , and nnoko regressing. Maybe due to no kj or maybe not. Either way they look like different guys

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rod appears to be sleep walking in most games. He's

Jan 5, 2015, 10:42 AM

lost something that he had last year.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Long Winter

Jan 5, 2015, 5:33 PM

It seems that Nnoko has regressed a bit.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic