Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson getting ready to blow up with rings?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson getting ready to blow up with rings?

Dec 23, 2014, 7:01 AM

Clemson getting ready to blow up with rings?

Clemson is getting ready to blow up with rings. That message came across in a text a week ago, a message from the father of one of the members of Clemson’s 2015 recruiting class. Nine words in total, but they pack a punch. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson getting ready to blow up with rings?

Dec 23, 2014, 7:06 AM

9?

Dec 23, 2014, 7:13 AM

He left off the "is" in the headline.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson getting ready to blow up with rings? ]

Question mark makes 9 ? Lol

that sounds delightfully glorious!!! $$$

Dec 23, 2014, 7:11 AM

Ho Ho ho Tigers!!! :)

Dec 23, 2014, 7:11 AM

Very well said! I am very optimistic about our future. I said earlier that we now seem to be in a reload, rather than a rebuild, mode. It's nice to see great potential for the future. Our cupboard of talent is brimming with real studs, and we are attracting the best and the brightest. Pretty stellar, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 9:33 PM

I agree that next year looks really good. I think we have the potential
to be a very good team. I hope we pick up that top DB who de-committed from
Carolina. Pair him with MacKennzie Alexander and wow, we have shut-down corners.

I hope we don't overlook this bowl game against Oklahoma, and the opportunity
it presents. They are a much better team that their record suggests. They,
like us, have been plagued with injuries. They will have these players (including
their starting QB) back for the bowl game----we won't. They have a "hammer" in
the form of a 250 pound TB, and have perhaps the best OL in the country. I
really hope Cole Stoudt can have the game of his life and lead us to a win.
Do I really believe that he can do this? No, but hope I'm wrong. I really don't
have a good feeling about the game, but anything can happen. They are a big-time
program, and a win would be a big deal. One thing that scares me is that the
coaches are once again talking about how good Stoudt looks in practice. But,
I'd rather take a loss here than risk Deshaun Watson's future. Glad he had the surgery,
and hope he can thicken up in the weight room in the off season.

Dec 26, 2014, 10:27 AM

Yep! Me too!

its unfortunate Watson was injured half of the season

Dec 23, 2014, 7:41 AM

This team right now is already championship caliber, poor QB play with Watson out is the cause of us not making it into a championship type season. We should of beat FSU 31-10 and was on the way to having a 10 point lead at GT before Watson went down. Georgia game is debatable, but I think we should of won that game if we didn't have such a poor second half. Our defense is definitely a national championship type defense, i feel bad for those guys because they have played lights out all season and deserve to be in a BCS bowl game. Can't wait until next year....go tigers!

Re: its unfortunate Watson was injured half of the season

Dec 23, 2014, 7:49 AM

Nice post but Ga just stuck it to us in 2nd half.

it's hard for me to say we go 12-0 w/ watson this year, but

Dec 23, 2014, 7:53 AM

i think it's a completely different game at UGA if watson isn't pulled after his TD drive.

we're minimum 11-1 if watson plays all year

Re: it's hard for me to say we go 12-0 w/ watson this year, but

Dec 23, 2014, 9:11 AM

Don't disagree at all. Very possible.

Quite frankly we could have been 11-1 without Watson

Dec 23, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to it's hard for me to say we go 12-0 w/ watson this year, but ]

our Defense alone is good enough for 10 wins.

Even if we just get SIMPLE AVERAGE QB play we beat GT and probably FSU. Stoudt hits Leggett on the first drive at FSU we win that one. It wasn't as if Watson had heroic efforts at FSU. He played well, especially for a freshman but we were undone by other mistakes not related to the QB (bad snap, fumble, bad pass on a wide open TD, a DB falling down on a 75 yd TD etc). We've seen that Stoudt has the ability to just be average (BC/WFU/Louisville) and not cost us the game.

If he just didn't play like a color blind idgit our D gets us the GT win. It took a monumentally bad performance by Stoudt to lose that game. Our QB gave them as many points as their offense got.

Its hard for me to say that we beat UGA even with Watson. Our OLine was horrible in that game and Pruitt took advantage of it in the 2nd half. Maybe if we move the ball a little bit in the 3rd the 4th doesn't get so lopsided, but I'll still have to call that a loss.

Dec 23, 2014, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: its unfortunate Watson was injured half of the season ]

Yeah, i'm sure the game wouldn't have been any different if our offense could have gotten a 1st down in the 2nd half and gave our defense a breather. We were only down 3 going into the 4th quarter despite our non-existent offense.

Dec 24, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: its unfortunate Watson was injured half of the season ]

Because they picked up on the bubble screen.. The only pass cole could throw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 7:53 AM

Man you nailed it on the 3rd down play in the Carolina game that turned the momentum early. GOOD ARTICLE

Dec 23, 2014, 9:38 PM

Let's all remember that Carolina is a 6 and 6 team.

Maybe next year....

Dec 23, 2014, 8:19 AM

Or the next after that, or the next after that, or...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Maybe next year....

Dec 23, 2014, 8:50 AM

Sad little man Lol

I think what you meant to say but too butthurt to admit was

Dec 23, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Maybe next year.... ]

And the next after that and the next and the next lol

Re: Maybe next year....

Dec 23, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Maybe next year.... ]

and the year after that and the year after that.
I think this years recruiting class is the best we have ever had. I think this is the best Oline class in the country... every national champion over the last 6 years has had at least one top 5 Oline class and I do not think we have ever had a top 5 Oline class. SouthCarolina had a top 5 Oline class 5 years ago, Cann and that class will be gone next year.
What makes me so excited about next year is that 13 or 14 of the incoming recruits are here in January and I do not think any of them will start next year barring injury of course, but I expect 5 - 10 to be in the 2 deep. Next year is a maybe because I do not like relying on freshmen for depth... but I think we will next year.

One Rule Overrides Everything Else in College Football

Dec 23, 2014, 8:55 AM

"Don't tell me what you are going to do....show me once you get there."

--ClemsonSteve Clemson Class of 1985

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"rebuilt offensive line".....yes***

Dec 23, 2014, 8:59 AM

Re: "rebuilt offensive line".....yes***

Dec 23, 2014, 9:42 PM

Re-built with whom? Freshmen aren't going to play OL.

Dec 24, 2014, 7:23 AM

Country Gentleman provided this answer for you on your question:

"Battle, Guillermo, Norton, Crowder, Mac Lain, Gore, Falcinelli. Hyatt and Fruhmorgen

Some quality and experience and the highest rated young offensive linemen we've signed in history. Gore needs to emerge or we develop a young Tiger. Right tackle is the mystery."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2014, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: "rebuilt offensive line".....yes*** ]

Country Gentleman provided this answer for you on your question:

"Battle, Guillermo, Norton, Crowder, Mac Lain, Gore, Falcinelli. Hyatt and Fruhmorgen

Some quality and experience and the highest rated young offensive linemen we've signed in history. Gore needs to emerge or we develop a young Tiger. Right tackle is the mystery."

Dec 24, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: "rebuilt offensive line".....yes*** ]

> Re-built with whom? Freshmen aren't going to play OL.

You are correct, sir. These O-LINEMAN will have been strength training and learning the system for 8 months and 2 wks (34 weeks or 238 days) before we play a Div 1-A team. Essentially, meaning these blue-chip O-lineman should be considered seasoned veterans by the time ACC play rolls around.

Therefore, the term "rebuilt" should be substituted for the term "re-loaded" as it pertains to this article.

Dec 23, 2014, 9:30 AM

I kind of like the sound of15-0 with "The Ring". GO TIGERS !!!

Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass***

Dec 23, 2014, 9:36 AM

Re: Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass***

Dec 23, 2014, 9:43 AM

Go back to cooterville where your are looking at a 4 win season

Good thing he...addresses that?

Dec 23, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

And it appears our one-legged ass-kicker is good enough to beat the coots! Can't wait to see him start an entire year, right???

Clemson

Yeah and you have neither alltimecoot

Dec 23, 2014, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

Funny how your name reflects 66-42

Hey chromosome deficient coot bird:

Dec 23, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

He could be made of glass pieced back together with bubble gum and y'all couldn't put a dent in him.

Is your lord and savior Clowney made of glass? When is that lazy a$$ actually gonna dress out on Sunday?

Re: Hey chromosome deficient coot bird:

Dec 23, 2014, 9:47 PM

I would like to see Deshaun put on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle. It would
definitely make him more resilient. And, he'll be spending lot's of
time in the weight room while rehabing.

Re: Hey chromosome deficient coot bird:

Dec 24, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Hey chromosome deficient coot bird: ]

Add to that....

The "made of glass" comment was pretty ignorant considering he beat your pathetic yardbirds....

On one leg!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well aren't you just a breath of happy sunshine.***

Dec 23, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 23, 2014, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/fnio6.gif[/img]via Imgflip GIF Maker

Watch ur tone "Boy"

Dec 23, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

Dec 24, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

****35-17****. D Bag!!

Suck it Coot!

Go Tigers!!!

You wouldn't tell DW he was made of glass to his face. Cooter

Dec 24, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Gotta have an OLine to win rings..and a QB not made of glass*** ]

It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be

Dec 23, 2014, 9:54 AM

improved with the addition of true freshmen, however talented they are. It simply takes time for a gifted OL recruit to grow into his potential. I get it that Hyatt is rated 5-star, which is to say an immediate impact player. But that is one guy and my hope will be that there's no drop-off at LT. I really don't expect him as a true freshman to bring more to the table. With a year under his belt, he'll probably be All-ACC and likely All-America at some point. I just don't see an 18-yr-old making us better on the OL.

Having said that, I am excited about the 2015 season. If, indeed, DW4 stays healthy, his ability could more than make up for some drop-off in the OL. Playmakers galore!

The D doesn't have to be #1 to give us a chance to win every game, as long as the offense is taking care of the football and sustaining drives. If DW4 has injury issues next season, we'll struggle to win 10 games. Healthy and it could be a very special campaign.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be

Dec 23, 2014, 10:11 AM

He will most likely start at RT, and I have seen true freshmen make an immediate impact playing as O-linemen, but I can't recall ever seeing that at Clemson.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:19 AM

Wherever he starts, assuming he wins a job, I still wouldn't expect a huge improvement in his first season. If he held his own, I'd be pleased. OL is just not the place where you get better starting true freshmen. Skill positions, yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 10:21 PM

We've never had an offensive lineman rated that high. Three of the four playoff teams have started true freshmen offensive linemen.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

Suspensions cost us the 4th quarter vs uga. That and some home cooking calls in the secondary first half could of made a huge difference.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:01 PM

I'm afraid our OL will once again be mediocre at best. I think we are two
years away from quality there. Disagree? Give me the names and specifics
per player.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:18 PM

Battle, Guillermo, Norton, Crowder, Mac Lain, Gore, Falcinelli. Hyatt and Fruhmorgen

Some quality and experience and the highest rated young offensive linemen we've signed in history. Gore needs to emerge or we develop a young Tiger. Right tackle is the mystery.

null

Dec 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

Ugh... acting like our O-line is going to be notably better might be a bit of sunshine pumping.

"Battle, Guillermo, Norton, Crowder, Mac Lain, Gore, Falcinelli. Hyatt and Fruhmorgen"

Norton, Mac Lain, and Gore are players on our team... yes. I wouldn't celebrate them just yet. Hyatt and Fruhmorgan are going to be studs, but not immediately. We lose our best Olineman in Kalon Davis and Beasley was solid. Getting Guillermo back could be huge. Especially if he gets back to early season form.

We're assuming Battle doesn't leave early, which is probably fair. Still, I don't see how we get much better at this position.

If Battle and Lawson stay our lines should be good enough that the rest of our roster which is fantastic should be able to cover them up.

Dec 24, 2014, 10:38 AM

Hyatt and Fruhmorgen are our highest rated offensive linemen in decades.

It is interesting to note that 3 of the 4 teams in the playoff championship start true freshmen offensive linemen (all are tackles) - Alabama, FSU and Oregon. How did that happen?

null

Dec 24, 2014, 11:12 AM

Very interesting. Cam Robinson at Bama is 50 lbs heavier than Hyatt, but hey, maybe he can add some muscle and get a lot of snaps as a freshman. That's encouraging. I don't think there a good argument that he will immediately be better than Kalon Davis, so RT will still be a downgrade, but that is certainly a good thing to learn. Thanks!

Hopefully Norton doesn't play center too much and Guillermo can play there. I like what Crowder can do at guard. I don't remember if you mentioned him. To my own surprise, we're going to miss Reid Webster. He was a pleasant surprise.

As long as Battle stays, the line shouldn't regress much, but I don't see how it gets much better.

Dec 24, 2014, 12:56 PM

We don't run an offense where you need a 330 tackle like Robinson. Oregon runs an offense more similar to us. Their freshman tackle was 298 at signing. He was also rated the 37th best tackle. Johnson at FSU - plays in a pro style offense, was rated #21 best tackle and weighed 310 - Hyatt is rated the #2 tackle and Fruhmorgen is rated the #8 tackle. Hyatt normally plays basketball in high school but won't this year and should gain weight easily.

I'll be a glass half full guy to get through the winter, spring and summer.

null

Dec 24, 2014, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

slumdog, you are the one that made the assertive statement so why don't you "give us the names and specifics" of why you think our OL will be mediocre for the next year or so!! You seem to always come with the negatives concerning our team so this should be really easy for you. Don't hold back, let it rip!!!

Dec 24, 2014, 11:15 AM

O-line was mediocre this year and they lose their best member - Kalon Davis.
David Beasley and Reid Webster were also decent and now gone.
Isiah Battle isn't a 100% lock to return.

Norton, Mac Lain, and Gore are struggled and will be relied upon unless Guillermo, Crowder, and a freshman can step up and nobody ever misses a game which is highly unlikely.

Seems like good reasoning from the guy that is frustrating.

It's not negative. It's thoughtful insight. There are a TON of positive things to say about the program. It's ok to say 99 good things and one bad things. Seems like you'd cry if you ever read SHakin the Southland. They say both good and bad things.

Dec 24, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

If there as good as this year, it'll be good enough.

Dominant , alabama'esq at times ...

Cant run the ball against wake other times.

dW should help all this out.

Anyone remember RG3? His rookie year, the redskins led the league in rushing.

Was it because their online got awesome?

No, it was because RG was dynamic, and you had to stop his arm and sometimes his legs

Dec 24, 2014, 10:51 PM

The read option forces the DE to wait. If Watson can run it without getting hurt you're right.

OL could be problematic, but it's certainly possible it is covered up by some other strengths.

Dec 23, 2020, 9:28 PM [ in reply to It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

Umm...Have you ever seen Mitch Hyatt?

Mitch stands at 6'5 but looks 6'7 out there...They were gracious when having him at 285 pounds...He is closer to about 295-300...Enrolling in January will help him get leaner, faster, and stronger...He gained notoriety by literally owning Robert Kemdeechee in a GA play off game as a Sophmore...

He will come in and make an immediate impact...The only question is will they start him off as a tackle or guard?....We will see...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 23, 2014, 10:37 AM

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he makes us better immediately. I'll also be happy to say I was wrong. The fact is, however, that a true freshman on the OL is accomplishing something significant if he can hold his own.

I don't doubt he was a man among boys in HS. I would also expect him to dominate against the Wakes and SC States and the like. If he can hold his own against FSU and UL, I'll be very happy.

Plays in one of the toughest regions in GA. In highest

Dec 23, 2014, 9:45 PM

classification. Not many "boy" teams in that region.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

He'd better have a hell of a spring and summer in the weight room. It's
rare for a freshman to make an impact as an OL.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

I hope you are right. We'll need him.

Fruhmorgen will be the name to surprise everyone...

Dec 23, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

Dont be surprised to see him get the most Freshman snaps

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to It's hard for me to accept the notion the OL could be ]

Good post. I just don't see where these "improved" OL players are coming
from. Names, specifics anyone???

Dec 24, 2014, 7:18 AM

slumdog, go back and read the answer to this question in a post you made earlier. I believe it was the first post you made on this subject. Do you just ask questions and forget to read the answers folks give you, which are very good?

i absolutely loved this article

Dec 23, 2014, 10:34 AM

It gave me butterflies just thinking about the possibilities that await this team in the coming yrs! I truly believe that this will be the beginning of a long stretch of a stellar team.

The next most imporant piece of the puzzle is OC.

Dec 23, 2014, 11:03 AM

Our co-OCs have to be ready. This cannot be OJT for them.

Totally agree

Dec 23, 2014, 11:49 PM

I think this will be the biggest question mark going into next year.

Dec 23, 2014, 8:55 PM

Woulda, coulda, shoulda and wait to next year articles are useless. Reality is served up on the field and reality says The Tigers are 9-3 with one game to win or woulda, coulda, shoulda have won...wait to next year or the year after.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:31 PM

The offensive line will do well this year. It takes a healthy Watson to keep the defense honest. 4 of the starters haven there a while and I believe this line will do fine. I'm interested to see how Falcenelli looks. He has some great film. Not to mention the freshmen.

Decent OL:

Battle
Norton
Guillermo
Crowder
Gore

Depth:

Falcenelli
Hearn
McClain
Morris
Riggs

Coming in:

Hyatt
Fruhmorgen
Greene
Giella

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but there's only three starting caliber OLinemen in that

Dec 24, 2014, 12:45 PM

entire 14 person list. Battle, Guillermo, and Crowder. Gore isnt a D1A caliber player. He got beat out by an overweight OG for his OT position. That says how bad he is at OT. Norton is a lightweight and gets thrown around. Falcinelli is a depth quality player, not starter. MacClain should never see the field again. He's too darn slow to even be an OG. Hearn has been a let down, you wont see him. Hyatt and Furmo. Are quality prospects, just not ready as frosh for and significant minutes this year. They'll get time in the backend of D1AA blowouts and play some next year.

So, again, out of 14 names, we have three legitimate D1A starting caliber players. (and Guillermo and Crowder MUST pick up their pass pro abilities. They're good in the run/power game, terrible in pass pro).

3 out of 5

Dec 24, 2014, 1:00 PM

Is pretty good odds on o line . See dallas cowboys.

All we need is TWO people to be at least decent.

Hyatt will prove you wrong. Can't teach what that boys doin. He eats his steak and taters, and can move

Re: but there's only three starting caliber OLinemen in that

Dec 24, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to but there's only three starting caliber OLinemen in that ]

I wish I could watch practice. I wish our players could improve from year to year.

How do 3 of the 4 playoff teams start true freshmen offensive tackles?
Hyatt and Fruhmorgen are higher rated than two of those three coming out of high school.

It is a long time till September.

null

Re: but there's only three starting caliber OLinemen in that

Dec 24, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to but there's only three starting caliber OLinemen in that ]

> entire 14 person list. Battle, Guillermo, and
> Crowder. Gore isnt a D1A caliber player. He got
> beat out by an overweight OG for his OT position.
> That says how bad he is at OT.

You know that "overweight OG" who beat Gore out (Kalon Davis), is ranked as the #30 OT out of 191 OTs heading into the draft, right?

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic