Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins

Dec 9, 2014, 3:21 PM

Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins

In-state defensive line prospect Albert Huggins will announce his decision Friday at his school. What does Huggins' high school coach say about his star pupil? What does he think Clemson offers Huggins, and what enabled Georgia to jump into the fray? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins

Dec 9, 2014, 3:36 PM

Hate to say it but I'm betting his life time dream wins. Sure hope not. SC need to keep its star players. At least it won't be the chickens I guess.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 3:42 PM

Dreams are hard to compete with...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 3:44 PM

So is Clemson

Dec 9, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins ]

I will say this. Love is deeper than a dream. People who truly feel safe and love something will sometimes take that over a dream. Not to mention our depth chart is much more appealing. Many husbands and wives abandon dreams for each other or their children. However, many also leave those families to attain dreams. If I could give any advice to Huggins... DREAM BIG...just do it at Clemson. Go TIGERS!!!

Dec 9, 2014, 8:58 PM

We don't get Huggins. Never thought we would.

Dec 9, 2014, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins ]

I agree his coach made it sound like Huggins has decided to go to Georgia without actually saying that.most services had us in the past but most articles I've read recently point towards Georgia as his pick. If so that's a big hit bc I think we also lost Tim settle, and we stopped recruting a lot of ppl to keep those spots open.hopefully we can still get that dt Wilkins or w.e his name is. I really wish we would go back after Tyron Johnson since kitt now left he had us as a leader til we stopped recruiting him , like a lot of other good players this cycle

Dec 9, 2014, 8:18 PM

Youre full of it coot

Dec 9, 2014, 9:03 PM

The "coot" BS again. Is your IQ higher than your age?

Dec 10, 2014, 12:19 AM

Huggins will be a Tiger Slumcoot....

Dec 9, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Decision Day looms for Albert Huggins ]

I have also heard his Dad is really pushing the Bulldogs. Wonder if he has a Church that needs funding?

Dec 9, 2014, 4:42 PM

Or a garage that needs to be filled, and a house to put the garage in. Are the dogs up to old tricks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 3:52 PM

Dreams are good...then you have to wake up. Of course it depends on what you want to study, but I went to both...and Clemson was the better education. This young man seems the caliber who will consider that too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 4:43 PM

You are right!

Dec 9, 2014, 4:20 PM

Hopefully, Albert Huggins will choose Clemson. Dreams are hard to compete with, but Clemson exemplifies the caring about you on the field as well as off the field. He had that in High School and Clemson will continue to show it if he chooses the Tigers.

Dec 9, 2014, 4:22 PM

LOL man this kid ain't coming here... Lets move on and go after some bigger fish...

We've literally have @$$ rapped the UGA in stealing their talent for years...every once in a while they can slide on over and grab some of ours...Oh well...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 9, 2014, 4:31 PM

He was our biggest fish left. We got a few left on the table we could snag, but he is the big get.

Dec 9, 2014, 4:37 PM

Yea...but it is what it is, ya know? Just gotta adapt...

Better start getting into these other recruit's heads...You would think that after that South Carolina win, that atmosphere, and the feelings that recruiting would start booming up for us a little more this time of year, but its done nothing...regressed if you wanna count the loss Kitt and Brisco

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dawg Town Bound ... heck, Venables let it slip

Dec 9, 2014, 4:34 PM

in his interview on the Front Page ...

"... or still trying to look for a defensive lineman in the 2015 class ... "

staff is in scramble mode for another DT for this class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2014, 4:37 PM

Well, his lifelong "dream" doesn't match the values he says are important to him as a person. At Clemson he gets the program that cares about his future, on and off the field and the type person he grows into. At ugay, not so much. Granted Mark Richt talks a good game, but he has a very poor history of keeping his players on the right path, and way too many off field incidents. Don't know what their graduation success rate is, but you can well bet it's no Clemson there either. I hope the things he says are important to him really are important to him. If that's the case he is ours, and it's a decision he never will regret and one he always will be proud of.

Dec 9, 2014, 4:45 PM
image.jpg(153.5 K)

the prognosticators are correct...we could really benefit from your skills at Clemson!!

It would be a huge disappointment

Dec 9, 2014, 4:46 PM

if Huggins does go to UGA. Not only would it be a huge loss for us, but this kid would be missing out on the direction of two of the finest defensive coaches in college football with Coach Venables and Coach Hobby. Our Dline has been a factory of NFL talent for several years now. I understand following your heart, but I'd hate to see this kid end up like so many UGA players--talented players but misguided by bad influences. Hopefully he chooses Clemson. Idk--we'll see.
Oh well...we seem to be making a late push for Christian Wilkins. I'd love to have that kid in orange. We'll be fine either way. We've had dominant Dlines with 3*s and a couple 4*s for years. Our coaches are going to make the most of the talent that is available to them.

Albert - you could be the next Grady Jarrett & then some!!***

Dec 9, 2014, 4:49 PM

Georgia was my daughter's dream and they offered her a schol

Dec 9, 2014, 4:55 PM

but when she visited and compared it to Clemson it felt UGA was too big and too unconnected. When she toured Clemson she noticed how the students said hi to each other between classes and saw almost none of that at UGA - like it was so big they rarely saw people they knew. She ended up choosing Clemson much to my surprise and is now one of the most rabid Clemson fans I know.

He's been saying he wanted to see what Ga had to offer

Dec 9, 2014, 5:17 PM

The whole time. I don't remember hearing or reading Georgia was his dream. Not denying it, just don't remember that. That interview does not sound positive for us.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: He's been saying he wanted to see what Ga had to offer

Dec 9, 2014, 5:45 PM

I thought the whole time he's been saying that Georgia sucked. Wait, it may have been me saying that!

Dec 9, 2014, 6:19 PM

Clemson lock. Don't know how many times I have to tell you people that Big Albert will be announcing for Clemson this Friday. Now get back to doing what you were doing before this thread interrupted it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 9, 2014, 10:14 PM

How do you know these things? Are you a wizard?

What a Great Addition he would make to the Clemson Family!

Dec 9, 2014, 11:50 PM [ in reply to He's been saying he wanted to see what Ga had to offer ]

Sounds like he's a (5) Star person and a pretty good Football Player also! Yep a perfect fit for our Program! But a person like that you always wish the best for! So refreshing to read a story like that!

Not So Fast Negative Nellies!

Dec 9, 2014, 6:51 PM

On Roy's show today the Dawg Dean from Scout said Clemson. Roy also said he's projecting Clemson. Dean said UGANDA was in it strong for a while, but Clemson has pulled away of late.

Re: Not So Fast Negative Nellies!

Dec 9, 2014, 9:48 PM

In a way this reminds me of the McCloud recruitment last year. All the latest rumors had him going to Florida with Clemson "falling behind" but he wound up committing to Clemson (obviously). Not saying it's necessarily going to happen the same way, but...

Re: Not So Fast Negative Nellies!

Dec 10, 2014, 10:49 AM

Or Montavius Adams...When every major recruiting syndicate had him going to Clemson, he commits to Auburn...Recruiting is a roller coaster man...just gotta make sure you are tall enough to ride the rides!

Dec 9, 2014, 8:16 PM

Landing this kid would be a great birthday present for me on Friday. Hopefully his values and comfort with our Dline/NFL factory coaches, as well as our superior graduation rate will factor heavily into this decision. #keepSCplayersinstate

IMO

Dec 9, 2014, 8:42 PM

The next to the last paragraph should speak all the words he needs to consider. We are that solid rock he has been leaning on and has felt comfort in his whole life. I hope he remembers what really is important in his life, what he has grown to trust and to depend on or a childhood dream that certainly doesn't offer what we do when it comes to what always has mattered most to him. We all will find out on Friday. I hope he follows his heart of hearts and not some dreamed up fiction that really doesn't exist in Athens.

Re: out of state, out of mind

Dec 9, 2014, 8:57 PM

Like most kids the go to Georgia and are never heard from again. It's just a bad place to go. Most end up in orange anyway ( I don't mean clemson orange). Stay in state. You'll be glad you did.

Dec 9, 2014, 11:49 PM

Sadly, they do lose many to arrest. It says a lot about how closely Mark Richt really looks into character prior to signing (seemingly not one bit). He does get rid of some of them after they get into trouble (most are repeatedly troublesome prior to dismissal), but he will pull the plug, especially if it's one he isn't using. It helps when they over-sign.

Dec 10, 2014, 4:31 AM

> Sadly, they do lose many to arrest. It says a lot
> about how closely Mark Richt really looks into
> character prior to signing (seemingly not one bit).
> He does get rid of some of them after they get into
> trouble (most are repeatedly troublesome prior to
> dismissal), but he will pull the plug, especially if
> it's one he isn't using. It helps when they over-sign.

Dug..you are full of it.

yeah but by that time look at all the time and energy that

Dec 10, 2014, 6:26 AM

you've wasted when you could've been building something special with a guy that wants to succeed as much as you do.

Re: yeah but by that time look at all the time and energy that

Dec 10, 2014, 10:50 AM

They had just ignore that and continue to do what they think is okay. They have no good excuse for not amounting to much. Plenty of cash, plenty of rabid fans, great facilities, weak side if their conference, etc.

Dec 10, 2014, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: out of state, out of mind ]

Coming from you, that is a compliment. Maybe I am FOS, but that relates to you quite well, I'm sure. I didn't say anything that isn't true. He does sign a bunch of problems, and it happens regularly. He does get rid of some of them, after the problems have been exposed over a period of time, but many have gone on for a while, and the part that really gets to most of you is that he has done so little with so much for so long, and you seem to be happy with it. Fine with me. Now you may want to go on back over to your own board where they don't know the difference. Your "dog", and over here we do know how to spell dog, won't hunt over here. Bye, bye little fellow.

Dec 11, 2014, 10:50 AM

> Coming from you, that is a compliment. Maybe I am
> FOS, but that relates to you quite well, I'm sure. I
> didn't say anything that isn't true. He does sign a
> bunch of problems, and it happens regularly. He does
> get rid of some of them, after the problems have been
> exposed over a period of time, but many have gone on
> for a while, and the part that really gets to most of
> you is that he has done so little with so much for so
> long, and you seem to be happy with it. Fine with me.
> Now you may want to go on back over to your own board
> where they don't know the difference. Your "dog", and
> over here we do know how to spell dog, won't hunt
> over here. Bye, bye little fellow.

It's Richt's fault 18 year olds make bad decisions after signing? Give me one example when CMR's discipline wasn't swift and just......seems you have "many" to pick from. You can kick him square in the nuts over his coaching but he's been spot on when discipling players. Would you define "so little" for me? When was the last time your tigers were 5 yards away from playing in the natty? But yes....10yrs w/o a SEC title is starting to suck. How's Dabo doing? And he doesn't have to play an SEC sechedule....just a bunch of .500 teams. Good Luck with Okie.......Dokie?

Dec 11, 2014, 1:40 PM

You know that I have told the truth, and it seems to bother you. I couldn't care less, and no, I won't go back and look up the instances for you You know he has had many, many discipline issues with players. My point was that he sure seems to pick a lot of guys who suddenly go bad after getting to Athens. You can rest assured that many of the ones he has run off were not 1st offenders, and many of the transgressions are kept internal, as they should be, until they finally get exposed with a dismissal. As for his being "close to a natty", the last time I checked this isn't horse shoes. One could say that we were 3 plays away from winning the game agains you this year, without a QB which was our biggest obstacle . Woulda, shoulda, coulda. By the way, we have faired pretty well against your mighty sec, even though our guys are expected to study, to graduate and to be good citizens. Bye bye little fellow. Come back over when you get something worth discussing.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic