Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 94
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win"

Nov 16, 2014, 6:56 PM

Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win"

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney talked to media Sunday evening on his weekly teleconference, and he reiterated what he and offensive coordinator Chad Morris said in the aftermath of Clemson’s loss to Georgia Tech Saturday – no starter for next week’s game against Georgia St. has been named or will be named, but he thinks that senior Cole Stoudt still has everything it takes to lead the Tigers to victory. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win"

Nov 16, 2014, 6:56 PM

Coach......i got bad news cuz.

Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win"

Nov 16, 2014, 7:04 PM

I'm no football coach but I have watched our games since DW hurt his finger and there's nothing in our offense that remotely resembles hope that we can win in 2 weeks with Cole driving the bus.

I am a huge Dabo supporter, but I don't think I can stomach another game with Cole as our QB. I'd rather give Nick a chance against GA State as a building block for the coots

Hope & Change???

Nov 16, 2014, 8:51 PM

I can only surmise that Dabo "hopes" things will "change"... Sorry, coach, but it's up to you to make the "change"... and I "hope" that you will.

I have the utmost respect for you, coach, and for what you've done for the program... but it's time for you to take charge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabos blind loyalty knows no bounds..

Nov 16, 2014, 6:59 PM

"I think Cole brings everything to the offense that we need to win, but he's got to perform like he's capable of. He played well the last three years,”

he played well the last three years? what throwing screen passes and handing the ball off in mop up duty constitutes as him playing well?

Re: dabos blind loyalty knows no bounds..

Nov 16, 2014, 7:16 PM

I have never said a bad thing about Dabo on here..questioned some things but that's it. I am officially growing tired of some of the crap he spews..it's the salesman coming out..it's a bit condescending. You might have some DA's that believe and hang on everything you say Dabo, but not all of us.

Re: dabos blind loyalty knows no bounds..

Nov 17, 2014, 8:09 AM [ in reply to dabos blind loyalty knows no bounds.. ]

So you have a coach who won't publically critize his players. I say good for him. He also said no starter has been named for Ga State yet. Maybe some of you are actually Spurrier disciples. Note Dabo said "It's our job to get them ready to play". Ever hear Spurlid say that?

Message removed by Author

Nov 16, 2014, 7:02 PM

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not calling the timeouts yesterday,I totally understand

Nov 16, 2014, 7:10 PM

Stoudt has been even more horrible in the two minute drill. Now, sticking with Cole after yesterday, I do not understand. How can you not, at the very least, put the other guy in and see what happens? Can't be any worse

Re: Not calling the timeouts yesterday,I totally understand

Nov 16, 2014, 7:25 PM

You people need to realize that Dabo has his head up Coles butt. Dabo was a walk on at Alabama so he has a soft spot for struggling and challenged players like Cole. Dabo is not a football coach. He is merely a general mgr and a cheerleader, hence losing to USUC what will be 6 tines in a row. Do you see anybody after him or Chad for another coaching job? Clemson season is over. It is obvious Chad needs a superstar at QB for his offense to be competitive. I actually believe the strength and conditioning is very poor at Clemson ie all the injuries. We have lot of talent corning in and no real football coach to develop the talent.

if he loses with Nick,so be it, with Cole,fire him***

Nov 16, 2014, 8:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah it would make much more sense for him to ##### and moan

Nov 16, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

about Stoudt like people on TigerNet. That oughtta be a #### of a coaching move.

Some of you people are absolute morons.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:04 PM

How, after watching that historically poor QB performance against a terrible defense I figured he would have changed his tone.

Nov 17, 2014, 12:35 AM

That was probably the worst qb performance ever in Clemson history. The announcers said before the game that Cole Stoudt gave Clemson a chance to win in their previous four games. I see it as- Cole Stoudt gave really bad ACC teams a chance against Clemson in those games. I'm not here to throw stones at Cole Stoudt. I will always support him- I just don't understand our idiot coaches for continuing to stick with him.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:08 PM

I didn't realize dabo was blind!!!!!!!!

i realized it..

Nov 16, 2014, 7:09 PM

when after the first two games he swore cole gave us the best shot to win.even though play on the field from watson said otherwise.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win" ]

My god. What QB is he watching? Please somebody on the board talk to coach. This non sense has gone on since before the season started when he was intially named starter and we lost a freakin 4 star QB because of it. Enough is enough!!

Nov 16, 2014, 7:50 PM

Factually, we lost a self-centered,
loud mouth punk. It's too bad, since he was fairly talented and probably would have fit well in this offense. One thing you better get used to with Dabo is it's about more than the individual. He won't, and shouldn't, put up with individualists.

Nov 17, 2014, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win" ]

And how many years did any of you ungrateful-for-the-effort no-minds play college(how about high school or grammar school?!?) football? How many years coaching? You all are so negative. You bring nothing good to the Clemson program. I would say go support someone else but it sounds like you already do. YOU are the ones who lose; not Cole, not Dabo. You!

So here we have it. Here is who it will be.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:09 PM

Crack kills Dabo... Crack kills.

Re: So here we have it. Here is who it will be.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:19 PM

Guess you know all. #### the coaching staff should call you for your advise.

Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something

Nov 16, 2014, 7:11 PM

that if completely false.

gotta be the dumbest thing he will ever say in his life.
he must be watching through those orange colored glasses.
if that's our best chance we are in a world of $h!t

Nov 17, 2014, 10:08 AM

oh, I would not be sure about that, and would place a large bet if I were a gambling man that he will say something even worse within a 2 week period. he can not help him self, he likes to hear him self talk with no regard for substance.

Yep. We won yesterday, didn't we?***

Yeah, I remember a time when everyone was ready to burn Rodney Williams at the stake too. It's gonna be interesting how things turn out at QB.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:13 PM

cole couldn't carry rodneys jock

Nov 16, 2014, 7:14 PM

Hahaha. You're right about that. Rodney was a beast.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win" ]

Rodney had some bad games, but nothing like this, and certainly not as a senior

exactly

Nov 16, 2014, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt "brings everything to the offense that we need to win" ]

Yeah, that's true. He worked the kinks out before his Senior year.

Wake up Dabo.

People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under

Nov 16, 2014, 7:15 PM

the bus in public. He doesn't do that.

Did you see the dressing-down he was giving Cole on the sideline? He wasn't praising his effort, I assure you. He also pulled him out of the game at that point. THAT's what you need to judge the coach by.

But when it's done and he's in front of the media, he is not going to badmouth the players. It doesn't make him stupid or delusional. It shows some class.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under

Nov 16, 2014, 7:17 PM

Then don't say anything. What he said, indicating that nothing is that wrong, makes it worse.

Maybe MT. But don't insult our intelligence by stating

Nov 16, 2014, 7:21 PM

Cole has all the tools to win. If this is true, every QB 18-and-over in the U.S has the tools to win. And yes, Stoudt can beat Ga State ... just like any high school team can beat a 6th grade team. .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe MT. But don't insult our intelligence by stating

Nov 16, 2014, 7:24 PM

Totally agree. There are probably students on campus now in pick up games who could do better.

Nov 17, 2014, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under ]

He never said nothing is wrong. You people are way over reacting. All he said was that Stoudt brings everything we need to the table but he needs to get his head right. I don't know that he brings everything we need to win but he does have most of the physical attributes and until the last game, he didn't ever appear to panic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2021, 1:12 PM [ in reply to People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under ]

not asking him to put him down in public. that
would be wrong. asking him to admit that cole is not
best option and hasn't been all year.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:20 PM

Yep. This. ^^^^

Exactly. What do people expect him to say? Stoudt knows he

Nov 16, 2014, 7:18 PM [ in reply to People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under ]

played terribly. Dabo knows he played terribly. They both know his limitations. He doesn't need to be a little ##### about it at a press conference.

Something like: "In fairness to Cole, he has been playing

Nov 16, 2014, 7:25 PM

hurt for some time (stating the obvious) and has played with tremendous heart. I'm not saying there will be a change at this point, but we aren't satisfied with the production there and it's got to get better. Therefore we will consider all options there."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Something like: "In fairness to Cole, he has been playing

Nov 16, 2014, 8:14 PM

And there you go... a little truth and honesty. No personal attacks, because those have no place with a class act like Dabo. But please, coach, don't throw all the fans under the bus for the sake of one person. Yes, Cole has played his heart out... but you and Chad are unfairly pushing him well beyond his abilities given his injuries... you've put him in a position where all he can do is fail. Can we move on?

Re: Something like: "In fairness to Cole, he has been playing

Nov 17, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Something like: "In fairness to Cole, he has been playing ]

> hurt for some time (stating the obvious) and has
> played with tremendous heart. I'm not saying there
> will be a change at this point, but we aren't
> satisfied with the production there and it's got to
> get better. Therefore we will consider all options
> there."

Perfectly spoken and should have been the way Dabo layed it out. No coach speak, just the plain truth.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under ]

Well said, and true. One thing T net can not be accused of, in general, is having an over abundance of class.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to People!, Stop waiting for Dabo to throw bad players under ]

Exactly right. That's what a coach should do.

Lord have mercy! I respect Dabo for not throwing Cole

Nov 16, 2014, 7:20 PM

under the bus; I totally get that. But to insult his entire fan base with what we might call "coachspeak" if we are being really, really nice, bottles the mind. I realize that Cole is playing hurt, but the Cole Stoudt we have seen the past 4 or 5 games, even though it may not be 100% his fault, does not give us what we need to win against good teams, and unless he heals up a lot between now and then, we won't win against the coots with Cole. Please. The scary thing is that he may in fact be the best QB we've got.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree ST. When Dabo goes in 1 yr or 5 yrs, we will move on***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not scary, sad.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Lord have mercy! I respect Dabo for not throwing Cole ]

No excuse for that, really.

That we need to beat GA State

Nov 16, 2014, 7:21 PM

I couldn't even read this crap past the slide back to Cole when asked about Nick. Makes me sick.

I did read the injury stuff.

Three and out Stoudt***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:22 PM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I guess three and out is better than pick sixes***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:30 PM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I say we give Nick a chance.***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:23 PM

Except, well, actually winning***

Nov 16, 2014, 7:26 PM

Nov 16, 2014, 7:35 PM

OMG. How far up his A$$ can Dabo get his head? Come on, coach, in the light of day can you possibly say this guy is your best chance to win against decent competition? Be a little compassionate... he doesn't have a chance. Were you in Atlanta on Saturday? You've really painted yourself into a corner on this one.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:43 PM

Dabo, for crying out loud. You're not a political hack sworn to support a candidate. You're a football coach. Look at the evidence and call it like it is. Stoudt has NOT done a good job. This kid is a whipped puppy, and it's not your job to support him. It's your job to put a winning football team on the field. Why are you so afraid to say "it's not working" and try something else?

This bs = OBS drunk on his coaches show

Nov 16, 2014, 7:45 PM

Sign of insanity....

Nov 16, 2014, 7:49 PM

Keep making poor decisions expecting different results...time to try something different. Cole is NOT up to the task at hand.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:52 PM

I must be on the wrong site, because this is obviously for coaches that know a lot more about football and our players, than our own coaches do.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:54 PM

Wow! Talk about having blinders on. Dabo you need to wake up, stoudt will get us killed against the coots.

Re: Expected comments

Nov 16, 2014, 7:55 PM

As usual just as expected coach speak. Just simply say the Tigers don't have a QB to win with ( and don't count the weak sisters of the ACC ). Just say the OC is out of his league especially in big games. Just say that we have the weakest conditioning program in the country. Just say that you, as the HC, can't get the job done.

Re: Expected comments

Nov 16, 2014, 8:13 PM

You know if our third string qb doesn't play next week a lo, we have no experience at qb next year as a back up or starter either Since Cole started watching one receiver, the defenses job got easier and our production dropped and ints are going up. Easy to figure out. Nick gives us the best chance for the rest of the season, if Watsons out. Will never know why Watson wasn't slinging the ball instead of running it. If I was coaching that is the last thing my qb would be doing. Carrying the ball in the right hand with guys pulling on that hand to get the ball???? Really? Not letting backups play is killing us once again.

Just say you are a coot --- then LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!!!***

Nov 16, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Expected comments ]

Nov 16, 2014, 8:02 PM

PASSING Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G

Cole Stoudt 145-235-8 61.7 1444 5 69 144.4

Cole needs to take care the ball - turn overs kill.

Stoudt Has NOTHING The Clemson Offense Needs

Nov 16, 2014, 8:06 PM

Stoudt Has Personally Scored More For Opponents Than He Has Clemson, If He is Injured SIT HIM, if He is Healthy And This Lousy Then Sit Him. Either Way He Has No Business on The Field. Sorry if The Truth Hurts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 8:19 PM

Daddy stoudt must be paying an awful lot of money to iptay.... Just saying..... Newsflash mr. swinney, we lose to the coots again this year for the 6th straight year under your watch and your services may not be needed any longer.... Veneables was the only coach who was coaching yesterday and I think would make an excellent head coach.

Quack....***

Nov 16, 2014, 8:21 PM

Too Much Redbull Does Terrible Things To The Brain ....

Nov 16, 2014, 8:22 PM

He's kidding, right?

Dabo stole that line from Paul Johnson's press conference.

Nov 16, 2014, 8:26 PM

nm

Stout has proven Choke 3 times over

Nov 16, 2014, 8:27 PM

You can practice better all year and still choke in every game
I'm starting to think Kelly had a right to lose his sh--

If we lose to USC 6 strait and Stout is the qb then DS should be out
Put coach V in the block C hat and let it ride

Same excuses different game

Nov 16, 2014, 8:41 PM

Cole has proven to me something: that hes worse that Kyle Parker and Will Proctor combined! He can't even throw simple slants, or flat passes to the rb! He reacts slow to the play making it seem slow to develop! Heis release is so slow and his arm is not strong enough to throw a deep ball accurate! Can anyone count how many under thrown deep balls that our Wrs had to bat down! Cole has like a 5 TD to 8 interception ratio which could be worse! A lot more were batted down or dropped by the defense! Maybe Dabo is trying to calm the minds of his kids and brainless fans but i know football and i know we are in trouble come the USC game if we do not find a confident Qb who doesn't cringe under pressure! Because USC will blitz all night as always! My take: give Nick a chance this week to show us what he has!

Missing What Cole brought

Nov 16, 2014, 8:56 PM

Dabo if he had anything he must have left it on the bench , was not used in game ..

Nov 16, 2014, 8:52 PM

Oh brother.... Love coach Swinney but I think he may have hit the bottle a little too much.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well well..

Nov 16, 2014, 8:55 PM

Maybe now all the Quackers will wake up and see what arrogance this coach show. Wow, what has he been watching this year!

Dabo should just #### about Cole. Because he is wrong.

Nov 16, 2014, 9:06 PM

Cole is not good, and should not be the starter ever again. Don't throw Cole under the bus, but don't spew a bunch of BS about him either.

Nov 16, 2014, 9:11 PM

...Man, Dabo , You gotta know that these words are just gonna inflame the fan base, especially after THAT performance! I also realize that it's wrong for you to throw your players under the bus! I would be disappointed in you if you did! It would make you look SO much like Slurrier! (Like you are EVER gonna read this, or ANY other post here in T-NET) However, Players ARE people first, and will be long after football is done. I honestly HATE this for a young man like Cole! As the cameras showed him on the sideline, not too long after YOU RIPPED him a new one (Yeah, The cameras caught THAT too), He looked like a whipped pup! The look of defeat was ALL over his face, can't fault him for that, as I know he never wanted ANY of this to happen! Although, ALL we have to go on is what HE has SHOWN us. He HAS been a team player, and patiently waited for his CHANCE, UNlike another former Q.B., who could NOT keep his mouth shut!, and that has GOT to count for something, BUT! I'm like one of the other posters here, It's better to say NOTHING, than say THIS! We KNOW what we SAW!!! "BEST IS THE STANDARD" is NOT just a motto! It's what Tiger Nation EXPECTS!!!For all intents and purposes, Cole just doesn't resemble "Best" at this point! While its recognized sometimes, Tiger Nation DOES have an "Investment" in this thing too! It's commonly known as "Discretionary Income". We CHOOSE to support this program with dollars that could EASILY be used elsewhere in life. While most of us posters on here are nothing more than "Average Joes" and working stiffs, I like to think most of this fan base has a good idea, by now, what "Winning" football looks like, especially in games where there's as much or more to GAIN as there is to lose. And what the offense showed, outside of the drives that DeShaun was in there, was anything BUT! And yes, We know that we've been snakebit by injuries on offense. I'll give Nick a pass, as I doubt he got many reps at ALL in practice, But I don't see how in the world that he shouldn't be given HIS chance NOW. You won't have the task of trying to help him get his "Confidence Back"! Just prepare him to NOT turn the ball over, and get it in the hands of our PLAY MAKERS! Having said that, I wish Cole well, now and in the future, and I thank him for "Getting us through" in games against LESSER challenges, BUT!!!...THIS fan base CAN NOT stomach ANOTHER performance like THIS in two weeks, against "you know who"!!! THIS fan base is TIRED of coming up SHORT in games against our bigger rivals, MOSTLY & ESPECIALLY "Them"!!! Thanks, For listening ( As IF)...

Re: comment - Manning - 5 interceptions today - 5 -

Nov 16, 2014, 9:19 PM

That's 5 interceptions from a PROFESSIONAL!
I don't think I need to say more.
ALL IN...
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 9:58 PM

Nick missed protection and did not check it down. If that is all Dabo can find wrong, then play him! At least he did not throw 3 int's and 2 for pick 6's! I have been a suporter of Dabo, but he needs to get his head out of his ars. At least with Nick playing we go into next year with 2 QB's with game experience. The axe fell at Florida and the domino effect will now begin. UF has fooled around with non-proven guys as head coaches in the past. It will be interested in seeing how serious a program is when it makes a change and really wants to compete for championships. Just saying...

Nov 16, 2014, 10:19 PM

Most of the crap I'm hearing or reading, is not coming from Coach Sweeney, but from you morons who obviously didn't play the game. Everything he said was spot on. First of all, he plainly admitted Cole was terrible Saturday. That's not suger coating it. Secondly, he made it clear next weeks starter isn't certain. That's not having his head up anybody's butt. Third, Stoudt has demonstrated he can play good at times. Dabo clearly knows we have very little options right now and we may have no choice but to play him. So why destroy any confidence he may have left when we're most likely going to need him.

And comments like "we've got students walking around campass who can play better" just shows what a bunch of adolescent, mama's boys some of you are. Grow up and act like men. Dabo's got got a class of good recruits watching how he treats his players and I can bet you nearly all of them appreciate his words. Anyone in the know, has enough sense to understand our coaching staff knows Cole is limited, but shattering any self respect the young man has left won't do anyone any good. And saying nothing is about the same as throwing him to the curb. Coach Sweeney's remarks today is the only option he has to get Stoudt mentally on track. You Sunday morning sissies may not like it, but we're gonna most likely need Stoudt, even if Schussler starts the next two games.

All these comments about Sweeney leaving and firing coaches is bulls$it. We have more wins and records broken lately than in school history. Our staff has proven they can utilize talent. And they've put our team in a position to win week in and week out. Recruiting is tops. This staff is putting everything into place to compete at the highest level. USC has had a good run but Spurrier will go down as one of the best and he's had unbelievable Tallent. Wins over OS, LSU, AUB and UGA over that five year stretch proves Dabo's doing something right.

We're weathering a storm that no one saw coming. Sure, every team deals with injuries but I want some of you morons to show me one top 30 team this year that has had to constantly reshuffle players and positions like Clemson has. Let's see what happens when our team is healthy. I'm confident we have everything in place to right this ship. No thanks to some rats who jump at the first sign of adversity. So glad Coach Sweeney has class and integrity. Even in his words.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree w/ the first part but......

Nov 17, 2014, 7:49 AM

WHEN will things BE in place instead of GETTING in place - not having a good backup is a problem in Jervey. Spouting off about Cole makes you raise an eyebrow esp in light of the decisions made in UGA /FSU game.

Again, at some point the has to rest at the top and there be some accountability.

Nov 16, 2014, 10:34 PM

Oh my God, this only means that Dabo has regressed back to when he first became our HC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 11:03 PM

I think Mr. Radakovich should remind his football coach that recreational marijuana has yet to be legalized in South Carolina; toking up before a press conference sets a bad example for our student athletes.

Wake me when this nighmare is over*

Nov 17, 2014, 7:37 AM

nm

True,and this week he will be driving him to practice in a

Nov 17, 2014, 7:55 AM

golf cart.

The only explanation is that Dabo is trying to keep Stoudt

Nov 17, 2014, 9:57 AM

from having a complete mental breakdown. Otherwise I cannot imagine a sane person watching the films and coming to that conclusion...you would have to be such a glass-is-half-full type of person that it is unhealthy.

I've got a real problem when coach-speak rivals retardation.

Nov 17, 2014, 10:56 AM

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: New Story: Idiot***

Nov 17, 2014, 10:58 AM

Don't bogart that joint my friend

Nov 17, 2014, 11:05 AM

Pass it over to me
Roll another one
Just like the other one
You've been hanging on to it
And I sure would like a hit

Seems they've been hanging onto the qb too long

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

well, that settles it....***

Nov 17, 2014, 11:09 AM

Nov 17, 2014, 11:37 AM

I don't understand the reasoning in Dabo's statement"Stout brings everything to the offense that we need to win". Saturdays loss was the worst QB play that I've seen in a long time. The defense in the prior 4 games have kept it close enough for Tiger wins with great special teams and field goals. Cole is not executing in any phase of the offense on anywhere near a consistent basis. I feel sorry for him due to playing with some sort of injury, but his play has finally caught up with the whole team. I firmly believe it is time for a change for 3 reasons. 1) Nick will be our back up QB next 2 years. Getting the start next 2 games will give him a lot of experience to carry forward to Spring Camp and next season. There have been a lot of posts stating he has no viable experience in game setting. Only way to gain game experience is to play other than mop up. 2) Heaven forbid, if Watson does play at USC or in bowl game, and gets hurt or does further damage to knee, we have no QB for spring. Granted, Tucker Isreal will be in camp, but has zero experience.with current offense. If Watson is healthy and available for Spring, you have 2 QB's familiar with the system to build on. Cole has filled in when needed and done the best he can. Time to think about the future, and Cole will not have any eligibility left after this season is over. 3) -The only people that know what Nick is capable of is Nick and the Coaches. The only way to find out is start him at GA State and see how he performs in the first 3 or 4 possesions.

Nov 17, 2014, 12:03 PM

Dabo has to say what he did in case D.W is not ready to go against S.C.
The Clemson coaching staff has to stop using Watson as a running back if he is
to survive for three or four more years and stay healthy.

Re: That tells me everything that I need to know.***

Nov 17, 2014, 12:23 PM

Nov 17, 2014, 1:23 PM

"What? Does he carry the equipment now?" -Per Eric

Nov 17, 2014, 3:01 PM

Stoudt is not the only problem. Our pathetic O-line missed blocks on the key pick six in the first quarter. You can't let defenders run unblocked next to the RB in the flat when you are running a blind screen - it defeats the purpose. Sure - Stoudt should have thrown the ball out of bounds when he saw that the play had been blown up, but there is plenty of blame to go around.

Run + da + ball.

Nov 17, 2014, 3:17 PM

Just to clarify - Stoudt played awful. No argument there, but it's never always on the QB - especially with our non-existent running game and weak O-line. If I were the O-line coach, I would start to question how badly our O-lineman want to compete. They are just awful and that is not an opinion - the Tigers are ranked 112th out of 124 FBS school in rushing yards per attempt (3.4 yards per carry) - Inexcusable. Job well done, Coach Morris.

Yeah Dabo, blame it on us for being critical

Nov 24, 2014, 3:37 PM

Im sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the way hes coached!

Replies: 94
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic