Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Confidence Lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

New Story: Confidence Lost

Nov 15, 2014, 5:32 PM

Confidence Lost

Clemson's offense lost more than a freshman quarterback Saturday afternoon - the injury to Deshaun Watson left the group shaken and without confidence. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Confidence Lost

Nov 15, 2014, 5:40 PM

Gallman said it. "He has to get better". Problem is he can't.

Actually he said Cole has to do better.***

Nov 15, 2014, 5:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

exactly he cant. he doesn't have what it takes.

Nov 15, 2014, 5:47 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a team deflate so dramatically after the loss of one player. Not just the offense--the defense seemed like they lost their edge as well. I don't think anybody in the world thought we had a chance to win without Watson. We now have no offense. Period. I realize that some QBs are more physically adapted to run certain offenses, but how is it that we have only 1 QB on our roster that is able to run our offense effectively? Is it the players? Is it the offensive scheme? Is it execution? I haven't blamed Morris for the struggles this year, but he is getting paid more than almost any coordinator in the country. He needs to figure it out. That is what he gets paid to do. I can understand that your star phenom QB is injured, but at this level, you can't afford to put an offense on the field that can't muster any more production than that.

Nov 15, 2014, 6:11 PM

It is a viable question. The loss of Kelly really hurt. Why did he have to be such a freaking jerk and blowhole. Left us with 2 guys that cannot run this system.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly may have thought that he was much better than Stoudt?

Nov 15, 2014, 7:05 PM

He was right and he was pissed that the coaches were to blind to see it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly may have thought that he was much better than Stoudt?

Nov 15, 2014, 7:34 PM

> He was right and he was pissed that the coaches were
> to blind to see it.

That's exactly what happened. But to Kelly's discredit--he couldn't wait for the opportunity that would certainly have presented itself, to show his skills..he decided "he" was the one who made position decisions. Look where it got him--a long road back to Division I. Look where it got us, a season on the brink of disaster.

Kelly was pi$$ed because he threw a bone-headed pick in the

Nov 15, 2014, 7:39 PM

spring game and got some criticism for it from Morris. And the coaching staff was right: Kelly was an arrogant little prick who needed to be booted off the team. The only thing worst than having Stout trying to give the team some chemistry would be having a Prince of the Universe back there, throwing with one hand while tweeting swag out with the other.

Re: Kelly was pi$$ed because he threw a bone-headed pick in the

Nov 15, 2014, 8:58 PM

Yet Cole throws bone headed picks repeatedly in real games and gets defended by the coaching staff. It is a double standard with Cole in tiger town right now. He has had too many free passes and excuses made for him.

Nov 15, 2014, 9:04 PM

Yup. I wonder why Cole gets a golden pass on everything. What is this kid doing to get this special treatment? I don't get it.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:03 PM

I don't think Stoudt got a pass on everything, he was performing better in the spring.
Also, he did lose his starting job so no pass there.
Folks I know around campus have pointed out that Kelly was a
real jerk around campus as well. Arrogant, entitled, a
real piece of work. I'm guessing it was just the overall picture
of the person that didn't fit in with how Dabo wants
the program to be run.

Y'all keep forgetting that Jim Kelly was thought to be -

Nov 16, 2014, 10:21 AM

Pretty much on his last legs. What if Chad Kelly promised him he would be starting for Clemson if he would make it back to see him? And after the spring game, he was fairly certain he wouldn't start. You can't fault a 20 year old guy for being a little distraught during those times. Dealing with your hero potentially on his death bed when you are far away from home for the first time would break a lot of people, Yeah, he had some issues before, but the straw that broke the camels back was around the time of the spring game after news of his uncle was public. The same ones of you saying that that kid couldn't be helped are probably the ones gearing up for church right now, where you can talk about what a waste that kid was to society. Go ahead and listen to the preacher teach about forgiveness, but it will ruin your whole world if you actually practice it.

Re: Y'all keep forgetting that Jim Kelly was thought to be -

Nov 16, 2014, 11:58 PM

As a Christian I just hope Kelly understands that we have only so many chances in life. It appears he is doing very good where he is at. Sometimes when you have a hard reality check ... it makes you a better person. It appears this young man took his licks that way and is doing good where he is at. Sorry he is not with us, but that is our reality.

Re: Y'all keep forgetting that Jim Kelly was thought to be -

Nov 17, 2014, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Y'all keep forgetting that Jim Kelly was thought to be - ]

I have read so many negative comments. Listen we are Tigers and we take our licks when we get them..then we are there when the next game is there. Lets go fans and support the whole team. Yes we have had a bad time but it could have been worse than it was. Go Tigers, and give the defense credit it could have been worse. A lot of the problems was our team lost heart when Watson got hurt. Georgia Tech was just plying better than we did. We have been spoiled the past few years with the same HC, OC, and DC. Come on guys and let the Tigers know we are behind them and we have their backs.

But...

Nov 15, 2014, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Kelly may have thought that he was much better than Stoudt? ]

there is a right way and a wrong way to voice your opinion to the coaches...and he chose the wrong way and has paid dearly for his mouth. this was not his first rodea and then he had another offense after that

Kelly could be a star right now if he has waited for his

Nov 16, 2014, 2:51 AM [ in reply to Kelly may have thought that he was much better than Stoudt? ]

and not ran off

Re: Kelly could be a star right now if he has waited for his

Nov 16, 2014, 11:52 PM

So true. Sometimes it is hard to wait.

Top 10 ugly loses

Nov 15, 2014, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

That had to make the top 10 loses that I've seen. Everyone has been given Cole all of this props about coming in and saving the day. Today he finds out why he is a bench player. If the Tigers had been playing teams like GT the last few games, this would what it would have been. Teams wins ball games, not just the defense. Cole is a senior and make stupid mistakes like he did today. Each one one of those interception, he kept his eyes on the receiver all the way. If it was me, I would the coaches I don't want to hurt the team any longer. Very disappointed and angry. Dabo needs to get handle on this team. The way I see it, we're done. There's no way that we will win the last game, it ain't going to happen. What worries me, is that we start losing recruits.

Well said and true.....season is done......

Nov 15, 2014, 7:10 PM

and these crazy trick plays that lose yardage or even the ball at times have to be rethought. Pathetic play calls and execution. I know Cole Stoudt is a great Tiger that gives his all but he has never looked like a Division I QB to me from the first game on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt we lose recruits over this...

Nov 15, 2014, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Top 10 ugly loses ]

If anything, our Oline recruits (arguably some of the most important) see an opportunity for immediate play...

Re: Top 10 ugly loses

Nov 16, 2014, 2:44 AM [ in reply to Top 10 ugly loses ]

I am done. Cole is an odiot. You are a moron if you don't see it. Cole sucks

Nov 15, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

This team is lost right now. We will win this saturday but lost to SC again this year. I am so tired of the same excuses year after year after year. Its old news. Dabo needs to fire some coaches, starting with the offensive line coach.

From the player comments

Nov 15, 2014, 6:02 PM

sounds as if Cole is still the starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: From the player comments

Nov 15, 2014, 10:10 PM

if hes still the starter my coot tickets are available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: From the player comments

Nov 15, 2014, 10:11 PM [ in reply to From the player comments ]

Someone please tell me ... When was the last time clemson was held to just 6 points

Put Robert Smith at QB***

Nov 15, 2014, 6:14 PM

Nov 15, 2014, 6:24 PM

Lou Holtz summed it up today at halftime; it's the coach's fault for being so thin at QB. Sad that Chad Kelly's non-criminal behavior resulted in dismissal while there are felons currently starting on other teams. At least we have our dignity!

Nov 15, 2014, 7:24 PM

yep...we have to decide whether we are running a bible school or a football program.

Nov 15, 2014, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

Who gives a s##t what Holtz has to say

Nov 15, 2014, 6:42 PM

Sweeney Statement After Georgia Tech Game...

I'm sticking with Stoudt it's what I'm about and now as all the world can see
I can't coach my way out of a wet paper bag and...I like slow white boys like me !!!

Yep!***

Nov 15, 2014, 7:11 PM

Nov 16, 2014, 3:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

LOL....COOT go home....PLEASE!!!

Nov 15, 2014, 6:49 PM

It's way past time for Chad to understand the purpose of a RUNNING BACK!!

Nov 15, 2014, 6:57 PM

how about Clemson sucks ###?

hahahaahahahah

Well past time!***

Nov 15, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Confidence Lost ]

Good. It'll hurt less when 6 in a ####### row happens.***

Nov 15, 2014, 6:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It could be 10 in a row before Spurrier retires and we win***

Nov 15, 2014, 7:13 PM

Stoudt is all about "WE" when he should Say "I"

Nov 15, 2014, 7:13 PM

What he meant was #### happens and you are stuck with me. Now if I can get back to may hair

Under statement of the year!

Nov 15, 2014, 7:14 PM

nm

Depressing that our only Div I QB is an injured freshman***

Nov 15, 2014, 7:16 PM

Re: Depressing that our only Div I QB is an injured freshman***

Nov 15, 2014, 8:46 PM

Yep, #### poor recruiting. Can't keep promising these kids that they won't have to come in and win a job. We are basically saying we will hand it to them when they get here by not recruiting more than one that year. Watson is special, no doubt. But still have to have depth. I bet you Alabama doesn't say, if you come here, we won't recruit another at the position for a year or so.

Only option now is to run the wildcat......no other options***

Nov 15, 2014, 7:18 PM

Nov 15, 2014, 8:35 PM

I, too, have "lost confidence." But my loss of confidence is in the offensive coaching staff. I only hear alibis... and what I want to hear is a solution. What I EXPECT to hear from an offensive coordinator who makes over $1MM per year is what he's going to do about the problem that we have on offense. I know that we have a wonderful freshman QB who is injured... what I want to hear is what we're going to do going forward to overcome the problem. I think Mark May said a mouthful at halftime of the Tech game when he said "Chad Morris needs to step up..."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why blame OC only? Not HC? No OL or QB, but nepotism scholly

Nov 16, 2014, 1:14 AM

Seems like the OC AND the HC deserve some blame. The OC is working with a roster that has no depth at QB and a weak OL. Dabo's roster management has been lacking.

Dabo has been on staff for 11 years and HC for 6 years, but the OL is perennially marginal, if not a liability. How many years does it take to figure that out?

Clemson took no QBs in 2012 or 2013 but took 3 QBs taken in 2011, creating depth-chart log-jam frustrations that likely contributed to QBs leaving and being booted.

And, e.g. Dabo gave a nepotism-schollie to the assistant strength coach's son, DJ Greenlee even though no other D1 school offered DJ. The kid is walk-on caliber. Give Larry Greenlee a raise and let him pay for his kid's tuition. Schollies are too valuable and Greenlee's schollie could have certainly been better used on, e.g. an interior O-lineman or QB.

Maybe Dabo & Morris need to better manage their QBs-- massaging their egos a bit and managing their expectations so they don't transfer, throw fits, get booted, etc. Seems like they've lost more than their share of QBs recently (McNeal, Roberts, & Kelly)

And what's up with the clock management? Why didn't Dabo take time-outs at the end of the 1st half to preserve some time for a final drive?

Re: Why blame OC only? Not HC? No OL or QB, but nepotism scholly

Nov 16, 2014, 6:18 AM

All good points. Never mind the poor decision-making and execution by CS, I still think CM was out of his mind for calling the throw-back screen in that particular situation... and with a quarterback whose self-confidence is non-existent. I'm just frustrated with his cliches that "we didn't execute the play well" and "we just have to get better" and similar ones. He needs to come up with a solution... or Dabo does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you like what you've been gettin

Nov 15, 2014, 8:57 PM

At least 3 years ago should have changed entire coaching staff. More smoke has been blown up the fans butts that cigarettes on tobacco road. Morris was schooled, again by a 2nd rate defense. His future? Go back to Texas high school football. Offense line? Never seen such weak sisters before. They have as much attitude as a Barbie doll. Slow off the ball and no strength at all. I knew this game would be the one that would tell me what we would do with the "chickens" again. I now have my answer. It just kills me to say here come number 6. I've said it before, Dabo is not the man, he will never be the man but if you continue to like what you are getting then by all means go ahead.It's unreal to me that top 10 recruiting classes continue to be brought in but there is a failure, a breakdown, an inability to put it together. Bottom line, it's not and can't be done. I think it's way past time for all the coaching staff to come clean with everyone and admit their failure. The manly thing to do is to simply resign. I say the gig is up and to stop pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and to quit telling everyone what you think they want to hear. Again, resign.

I have faith the Dabo will fix it. unlike you, i HATE

Nov 16, 2014, 8:31 PM

Spurlid. Dabo has class -- Spurlid, not so much.

Please exit this site, cooter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 9:02 PM

Think I'll throw up if I have to hear "high six"next year....

thank Chad

Nov 15, 2014, 9:42 PM

First of all, running 4 every other play is ridiculous. Especially after losing him already, and his first game back. And the Lou Holtz commentary regarding it being, "inexcusable as a major program to only have one viable QB..." well thank you Ms. Chad Kelly. Thank you Dabo for upholding the 'right'' way in raising our Tigers. Get well soon DeShaun! Go D!

Nov 15, 2014, 11:11 PM

But really is it to late to call chad
Kelly. Momma always told me never be to proud to say 'I made a mistake".

Nov 16, 2014, 12:18 AM

Cole Stoudt may not be the worst QB in Clemson history...But he sure is close!

proofread plz

Nov 16, 2014, 12:34 AM

Thx

Sure fire way to score more points on offense!

Nov 16, 2014, 5:41 AM

Let's put our defense on the field when we have the ball. Somebody can toss the ball backward to one of our DB's so he can pretend he's made an interception and can try to return it for a TD. I bet we could get more yards this way and there won't be anymore pick-six's.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:00 PM

Schuessler should have a shot.

After all--what have we got to lose other than another game by putting him in to face what could be a much more challenging opponent than we think? Anyone who assumes that Georgia Southern will be a pushover should take a look at their record against a couple of good teams. Right now, they're 8 and 3 against some second-level teams, but then lost to NCSU by only one point, and they lost to Georgia Tech by only four points.

We've heard over and over from Dabo that "It isn't on Cole". I'll admit that our offense has been decimated by injuries, but the truth is that those who still dress out each week seem to perform better under Watson than under Stout.

And I acknowledge that Stout has been playing with a hurt shoulder, but not on his passing arm. The other shoulder isn't why he routinely throws interceptions. Those are results of lack of down field vision, concentration, and scrambling ability. Don't force it; throw it away.

So, let's give Nick a shot and see what he can do. Perhaps if he knows that his coaches are supporting him, he may unwrap whatever skills got him on the squad to begin with, and energize a demoralized offense.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:49 PM

I am all for giving Schussler of shot. I swear he can't do any worse. Let him play all of the next game to build his confidence. Then maybe we have a shot at beating the chickens the follows week. because unless Watson is back.......we are screwed!

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic