Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech

Nov 15, 2014, 3:04 PM

Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech

An injury to Deshaun Watson began a painful day for Clemson as Georgia Tech returned two interceptions for touchdowns in a 28-6 win over the Tigers at Bobby Dodd Saturday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech

Nov 15, 2014, 3:14 PM

Makes me sick to see Watson go down again. We clearly have no QB and no offense. Absolutely no excuse for our showing on the field today though. Pretty inexcusable for there to be that much of a dropoff with the loss of one player.

Nov 15, 2014, 3:17 PM

Agree - one player makes that much difference? I don't get it. Morris is clearly overrated and overpaid. Bad news is that he won't be getting a head coaching job next year. Sorry to say but I look out two years before Tigers will truly be in the mix again as a GOOD team. We lose too a good bit this year and likely that Venables will be gone.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:04 PM

Collar bone, finger, knee. Does anyone see a pattern here.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Looks like we have Tommy Bowden all over again, if Swinney doesn't get rid of Morris!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 15, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Cole lost this game and it seems like he don't even care he was responsible for 13 of their points bc he sucks so bad finally they put nick in he was 4/4 he had as many completions as cole did plus cole has as many completions to gt than he did to his own #### team

Nov 15, 2014, 3:23 PM

Good point. And our D played like they did against UGA - worn out from being on the field too much.

Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech***

Nov 15, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Nov 15, 2014, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Cole is not a D1 QB. Easy to blame him here, but it looks like he doesn't even prepare for the games. It's embarrassing. He has embarrassed himself and the program. It's a rough day to be a tiger. With all of the weapons he has at his disposal he continues to be terrible.

Nov 15, 2014, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

After the Watson injury, this was quite possibly the worst QB performance I have witnessed in my 36 years of being a Tiger fan. Back to the drawing board, I have no idea in which direction this offense will go.

Nov 15, 2014, 3:51 PM

Now how do we look letting Kelly go? He should have been #1 to give way to Watson. If Watson won it from him then he would have been BY FAR the better #2. Kicking our ### for kicking him to the curb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 4:59 PM

I disagree. You cannot put up with a player totally disrespecting the coaches like Kelly did.

Nov 15, 2014, 6:26 PM

I agree. Kelly needed to go. You can't keep brats like that on your team. They rub off on rest of the team but it is unfortunate that we are where we are. I would go with Nick the rest of the year just to get him more experience. Cole's confidence is shot. Even if he had ability, which I don't think he did, he is not going to help us going forward. I mean really, we had trouble beating Wake with Cole.

Nov 15, 2014, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

It pretty hard for me to have any respect for them right now. Maybe he had a reason.

Nov 15, 2014, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

The dismissal of Kelly was right thing to do. football, like life, requires discipline.

In your 36 years you have missed a few games.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

the bowl games against cal and syracuse were far worse.

Re: In your 36 years you have missed a few games.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:52 PM

I have missed a few but not too many. I do not recall a QB completing as many passes to the opposing defense as to our receivers, not to mention more scores. The only game that I do recall being almost as bad would be the bowl game against Texas Tech.

Nov 15, 2014, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

In 60 years of watching Clemson football, Stoudt's pass (on the first pick-six) was the stupidist throw I've ever seen by a major college quarterback. I must say, though, that Morris' play call was even worse. In that situation, it had to be the the worst play call I've ever seen. Thanks, Chad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 3:52 PM

That Play was all Stout's fault. He should not have thrown the ball, but even worse don't throw it short.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:11 PM

This is not Stout's fault. He just isn't a D1 quarterback, so blame the coaches. That was clearly shown today. I can't imagine Stout will start next week. Give Nick some playing time to prove he is not is D3 qb. If coaches start Stout, they will show they have clearly lost all objectivity.

Nov 15, 2014, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Yes, it was a bad throw and a great defensive play... I'm sorry, but the fact remains. You're on the Tech 10 yard line, so the defense is jammed at the line of scrimmage... you DON'T run a "throw-back" screen with a quarterback that has an injured shoulder and absolutely NO CONFIDENCE IN HIMSELF. Morris has repeatedly said that "the whole playbook" is not available when Stoudt is in the game-- but that play is??? Come on, Chad... THINK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CCM will say....

Nov 15, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

.... just a poorly executed play...the TD was there, but I agree with you....

Re: CCM will say....

Nov 15, 2014, 4:29 PM

This entire game was poorly played. Why wait to put the third quarterback until the game is already lost. Its the lack of coaching that is killing us. To all of the Cole fans, I have news for you he cannot play dv1 football. He sucks really bad.

Re: CCM will say....

Nov 15, 2014, 5:10 PM

I regret to say that you are right my friend we are done

Nov 15, 2014, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Can't give a little credit to the DB who read it perfectly? He responded with a sprint from 15 yards back. Otherwise, the play was executed fairly well.

Nov 15, 2014, 3:51 PM

Just a terrible performance today by the Tigers. I'm sorry, but Cole Stoudt is not a good QB right now. Poor QB play + mediocre OL = A weak offense. Given Watson's apparent seriousminjury, I don't see Clemson defeating the Gamecocks in two weeks because our offense is so bad without Watson at QB.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:18 PM

Agree. We lose to USC again. Disappointing.

Worst news....

Nov 15, 2014, 4:06 PM

No contingency plan.... If you have no plan but to try and execute the same game plan with an injured and less talented QB.... Then you're not very realistic....Trying to run Stoudt probably aggravated his shoulder injury early on, and he was totally shell-shocked after the first pick-six.... Then late in the game you try to run play-action twice on third down with Tech just pinning their ears and blitzing.... Especially after Nick was getting in rhythm on the quick throws.... Now, what's the plan for SCU?

Re: Worst news....

Nov 16, 2014, 1:13 AM

The complete & utter failure of Morris & Sweeney to find alternatives this entire season tells me that the plan will remain the same. Our coaches live inside the foggy bubble of hope & dreams and cannot see the reality that everyone else does. I expect Sweeney's presser next week to be about executing a few plays better and Morris over analyzing his crappy little offense. The loss of Watson seemed to affect defense as much as offense. Can't blame D for the loss, but I was very disappointed that D gave it up in 2nd quarter. Appears we have no even halfway competent QB. Schuessler anyone?

Tigers are in big, big trouble. Tiger fans realize it, but I'm not sure our coaches do. Overall, our coaches have done a very crappy job of it this year and they need to start earning some of that nice salary, especially Morris. If he can't come up with something better in the remaining 2 games, get rid of him. Morris has been a "no show" this entire season.

8-5 after a bowl loss to Florida or some other

Nov 16, 2014, 1:39 AM

mediocre team. And another loss to the dadblame coots. How can we not have recruited a better QB than 3 and out Stoudt? Hard to believe how bad he is, compared to the way he played when backing up Tajh. I realize it was mostly mop up work against inferior players, but my goodness has he gone downhill or what? My theory is now his confidence is shot. He should have prepared himself as if he was the Number One QB with Watson's injury history. But he probably figured DW was good to go for the rest of the year and just kind of half a**ed his preparation this week. Some of that has to be on the coaches for not preparing him better.

And why have the coaches not been able to break him of his habits of staring down receivers, and throwing into heavy coverage? SHEESH...Why I oughttta.

if Watson is out, better we lost

Nov 15, 2014, 4:15 PM

Because there's no way we could be competitive in the Orange bowl without him and we don't need another embarrassment there. Stoudt has lost it mentally. Not sure he can recover.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:20 PM

This is completely unacceptable! Chad Morris is way over paid for his high school offense. Why has he not recruited a player to run his system. Stout was slated as the starter at the first of the year. Terrible judge of ability by both Morris and Swinney. The more big gamed we are in, the more it is obvious we have a HC with no prior HCING experience. We are in trouble! 6 in a row to the coots! How much longer can we live in mediocrity??? Enough already...

Nov 15, 2014, 4:26 PM

I agree we have no coaches, no offensive line, no quarterback besides Watson. If Watson is out for the SC game get ready Tiger fans for another loss. I say fire every coach except the defensive coordinator. He could coach the entire team.

Chad Kelly..

Nov 15, 2014, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Thank his childish behavior and immaturity for this. Coaches have recruited but CK's selfishness is a burden to the program. Hope we recruit better in the future...

Nov 15, 2014, 4:24 PM

Two positives from the game...defense and the game took less than 3 hours. Putting in 3rd string qb was like saying 'we give up.' Taking out Stout turned very little chance to absolutely no chance of a comeback.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:26 PM

Your out of your mind if you thought Stoud gave us any chance whatsoever.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:45 PM

Not out of my mind...I have been tested...lol I said very little to absolutely no...

Nov 15, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Are you serious ? Continuing to play Stout is insanity - doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:48 PM

We probably would have the same chance as pulling you off your couch as putting the 3rd string in...that was the point.

Nov 15, 2014, 6:30 PM

You must have more performance info on Nick being less of a qb than Stout, correct? Can't imagine anyone playing any worse that Stout did, and has done since Watson went out.

Nov 15, 2014, 6:44 PM

Stout was 3 of 11 for 19 yards with 3 interceptions, Nick Schuessler was 4 of 4 for 19 yards and no picks....nuff said.

Nov 16, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Put Nick in the first half against USC and you will be begging for Cole and calling Chad an idiot. The kid is a distant 3rd string for a reason. Cole is still gives us the best chance without Watson. Hopefully he will regroup and give a once in a lifetime performance in 2 weeks. Go Tigers!!!

Nov 16, 2014, 2:03 AM

You're dreaming man. Cole is incompetent as D1 QB. He is less than average against even poor competition. How Morris and Sweeney ever thought Stoudt would be capable is beyond me. How the heck does this player rate a scholarship, much less start? And how the heck do we wind up with ZERO competent QB?

Nov 15, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

> Two positives from the game...defense and the game
> took less than 3 hours. Putting in 3rd string qb was
> like saying 'we give up.' Taking out Stout turned
> very little chance to absolutely no chance of a
> comeback.

Wrong putting stoudt in gave us no chance to win nick was 4 for 4 cole stoudt is not a good football player he lost this game along with the coaches who put him in

Nov 15, 2014, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

What in the H are you smoking. I need some of it right now!

Nov 15, 2014, 4:24 PM

This loss is an embarrassment. Cole is just not a good qb. And I'm starting to wonder if Watson will ever be able to stay healthy. He's more than likely out for the year and he's been hurt all year long. Hurt in spring, beginning of the season and end of the season. For all the talent he has....its completely useless if he's on the #### sideline hurt.

Nov 15, 2014, 4:34 PM

Watson's skinny physique is not holding up to today's bigger, stronger, faster athletes. Not looking good for the offense's future.

Watson's injury....

Nov 15, 2014, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

In my opinion you can't feature tall skinny QB's in the running game.... Let them make plays with their feet in the passing game and make occasional break-aways with the zone read, but unless you have a tailback-sized QB (e.g. TBoyd) you can't feature the QB as RB without greatly increasing the risk of injury....

Re: Watson's injury....

Nov 16, 2014, 11:30 AM

Agreed. How many times did Crab Legs Winston run last night ? Once ? And he slid feet first to avoid a hit (unlike Watson who will fight for the extra yard with a stiff arm, hurdle, or direct hit). What the heck is Chad thinking ? Does he really believes skinny Watson is a triple option quarterback ? I see no happy ending with Watson and the Tigers if Chad doesn't adapt his coaching to Watson's weaknesses.

54-190...

Nov 15, 2014, 4:33 PM

says it all. No "O" without Watson. What happened to our O???????????

What creative headline will they have for Nov 29?***

Nov 15, 2014, 6:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Chicken Fried Tiger******

Nov 15, 2014, 6:59 PM

Nov 16, 2017, 10:54 AM

Chad Morris offense does not look so potent without Sammy and Tajh. "Where's the beef"? Looks more like spam.

Nov 16, 2014, 2:18 AM

If a "coot" is someone who causes detrimental harm to the Clemson football program, then Dabo & Morris are both "coots". I have never been fans of either of these two knuckleheads - even when we are winning games. No coach, at a major FBS program, intentionally ignores the development of his offensive line - for years - to the detriment of the program. However, Dabo and Morris have consistently failed to build a solid offensive line. If we could consistently run the ball, we would not need to have our QB running for his life on every other down. Maybe Watson would still have been injured against GT, but good teams, who can run the ball, simply put in the back-up QB and have him hand the ball off to the RBs. I hope that Watson has a speedy recovery - he is the real deal, but clearly, not built to be a running QB on this level. That why God created the RB position, so that talented QBs like Watson would not have to run the bloody ball.

With a solid running game:

(1) We would not need a good back-up QB - Stout, while dreadful, can still hand the ball off to our RBs:
(2) We would control the clock as opposed to our current pass-happy monkey shine offense, which takes only taking 40 seconds off of the clock on a 4-play drive (3 incomplete passes + a punt); & more importantly,
(3) Our defense would not be gassed like they were against Georgia & GT.

Furthermore, I am tired of some of you a$$hats calling diehard Clemson football fans "coots" when we are simply calling out the current coaching staff. If it walks like a duck & talks like a duck, then it's a bloody duck. Excluding Venables, this coaching staff is a duck.

When you lose most of your big games each year and then you finish the regular season with an a$$whipping courtesy of your in-state rival, for a record 5 straight losses (soon to be 6), then the program is heading in the wrong direction. If any of you knuckleheads are happy with the status of Clemson football, then you are frauds, just like Dabo and Morris.

Will the real Clemson football fans please stand up?

Nov 16, 2014, 2:28 AM

Since I can't edit my last post, I will call myself out in that some of my spelling / grammar was as inaccurate as Stoudt's passing against GT.

Nov 16, 2014, 6:11 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers Wrecked at Georgia Tech ]

Thank you essoclub_sae - you hit the nail on the head. When the media begins to talk about our "offense" and our "defense" or our "special teams", that's when we will know that Clemson has a good football program again. For the last 10 years, it's about this player or that player. Dabo Swinney has done a fine job of building this program back up as I recall where it was in the West, Hatfield and Bowden days. He's a great guy, recruiting some great kids - just not sure he knows how to coach football. Life coach? Check.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic