Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets

Nov 10, 2014, 1:00 PM

Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets

The return of quarterback Deshaun Watson means that offensive coordinator Chad Morris can open up his playbook. How simple has the offense been? What does he say about the offensive line? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets

Nov 10, 2014, 1:20 PM

I hope we can make a 3rd & 1 this week. No matter who quarterbacks we still have to block somebody.

Nov 10, 2014, 3:45 PM

Widhorse, the only reason I didn't give you 25 "thumbs up" is because the system doesn't allow it. Great post!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

Phenomenon Deshaun don't like playing from under center so, 3d and 1 is really 3d and 6....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

We need to quit putting a solo back on short yardage when there is 7 or 8 in the box and the back is a sitting duck. Add a blocker or two backs who the defense has to guess who is going to get the ball. Running north and south is also much better than east and west. Another issue is hit the short turn in pass on short yardage situations.

Re: Important for Watson to know and Morris to know

Nov 10, 2014, 1:25 PM

I would think that after his injury, after rehab, after not playing that he now understands to go ahead and get down when contact is made and live to fight another play. Seems to me the coaching has been pounding away at this hopefully. Also, yes, open the playbook, play to win and turn it all loose. Don't be afraid, outplay and OUTCOACH your opponent.

Re: Important for Watson to know and Morris to know

Nov 10, 2014, 1:52 PM

Amen, play to win not to lose. Go Tigers

Hope we can locate the touchdown plays - that would be good!***

Nov 10, 2014, 1:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope we can locate the touchdown plays - that would be good!***

Nov 10, 2014, 4:27 PM

He did...and both times the ball was dropped... remember the toss play to Artavis! Didn't Gallman drop it the week before. What about the play to Leggett that Cole underthrew for the 2nd time this season. That's 4 TDs right there that was missed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 PM

QB draw

U heard what he said, he's gonna run deshawn until he gets hurt again. He doesn't weigh 225 lbs. he can't take a lick like tajh. This ain't high school like when he would run over people. Mark my words.

Nov 10, 2014, 2:49 PM

He did not say that at all. What article are you reading?

Nov 10, 2014, 3:14 PM

He said with deshawns running ability, it would compliment gallmans running. Can't u read between the lines?!?!? Morris calls a QB draw every set of downs. U must not watch to many of our games.

Nov 10, 2014, 3:26 PM

I have seen every game we have played, which has nothing to do with you guys reading into these articles things that are not there. I will confess that I am always concerned to see Watson run knowing that Stoudt is his backup. I guess some readers just want to play devil's advocate and look for things that the coaches did not say in their interviews.

Nov 10, 2014, 3:31 PM

Well when (if) u watch the game Saturday, count how many times deshawn runs compared to our running backs or even the number of pass plays. Then figure the odds of him getting hurt in this spread offense.

Nov 10, 2014, 4:29 PM

You said that Morris said that he would run Watson until he gets hurt again. Your words. All I said was that Morris never said anything like that, period. Read the article and show me where he said that, please.

Nov 10, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

You shouldn't have had to simplify anything with a fifth year senior at QB who was "your guy" in the first place. Injury or no injury. Every team has injuries to deal with. Without better play from the offense Tech will be hard to beat even with the improvement the defense had made. Start Watson, who this staff should have known was the was the best to begin with, and call the game like you are playing to win rather than trying not to lose.

Nov 10, 2014, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

The article associated with these postings!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2014, 3:08 PM

As simple as our offense has been, we've moved the ball fairly well. My main concern is, and this is not dependant upon who is playing QB, we have no identity when it comes to redzone offense. We can't live entirely off big plays forever. At some point somebody needs to step up to be the go-to guy in the redzone, and Chad needs to figure out how to get them the ball.

Nov 10, 2014, 3:44 PM

The qb roll out to the TE always seems to be open...Maybe with deshaun in at qb the ball wont be thrown into the dirt in front of a wide open tight end. Cole has blown this play multiple times.

Agree 100%

Nov 10, 2014, 6:19 PM

For some reason Cole is absolutely horrible at those throws. He missed a TD on that play against wake forest and FSU. Seems like every time we ruin that play the TE is always open. Don't know why it was so hard for Cole to throw a 5-10 pass. Kinda reminds me of Boyd his first year starting and how it was hard for him to make the sideline screen throws to Sammy

Nov 10, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

You are absolutely right. Stoudt is just not very accurate on the move.

Nov 11, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris hopes to open the playbook against the Jackets ]

Yes, QB needs to choose the safe, easy pass sometimes to keep drive going and we have a tendency, especially Cole did, with locking in on one receiver instead of looking away or scanning the field. That is a big issue with our QBs.

Nov 10, 2014, 5:45 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. How's that?

It's all about execution

Nov 10, 2014, 8:09 PM

Georgia Tech has about 4 plays and they put up silly numbers when they have the right players. If the players execute the plays then Morris looks like a genius. If not, he doesn't. Pretty simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's all about execution

Nov 11, 2014, 12:19 PM

We are too predictable sometimes running same plays out of same formation and not choosing the safe pass or run when we need to keep a drive going.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic