Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clawson on Clemson D: "it's going to be a challenge making first downs"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,337

New Story: Clawson on Clemson D: "it's going to be a challenge making first downs"

Nov 2, 2014, 7:01 AM

Clawson on Clemson D: "it's going to be a challenge making first downs"

On paper, the matchup between Clemson’s third-ranked defense and Wake Forest’s dead last offense is a mismatch, and Demon Deacon head coach Dave Clawson told the media Wednesday that he thinks gaining a first down will be a struggle for his team. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No 1

Nov 2, 2014, 7:34 AM

Total defense after this weekend*. No offense to wake but doubt they will knock us off the top spot

Re: No 1

Nov 2, 2014, 8:21 AM

Correction we are no 2 as Wisconsin jumped us after holding Rutgers to 139 yards.

Re: New Story: Clawson on Clemson D: "it's going to be a challenge making first downs"

Nov 2, 2014, 9:04 AM

Its crazy how some of these coaches interviews have theri team losing a week before they play. Where is the confidence in your own team? Just asking. We aleady know we're going to have a great game!

Re: New Story: Clawson on Clemson D: "it's going to be a challenge making first downs"

Nov 2, 2014, 10:18 AM

I think that if a coach had some way convinced their team like a Wake team with MUCH less athleticism, that they would win. I believe the trust would be forever lost for that coach after the game. I think he is right by telling them that anything could happen, but it probably won't. Just don't take the whopping laying down. I would tell the Wake team to give everything they have to give, fight with everything your heart allows you to fight with, and hold your head up high knowing when the bell rings, you gave it your best. Jim Grobe had some good competitive FB teams during his time at Wake. He had teams that gave us all we wanted a many of times, and he had a team a time or two that just kicked our A$S, but that was the Wake of the past with a Jim Grobe as a HC. If anybody is interested, here is a good piece on Jim. Wake was a very tough out for us when Jim was the Captain of Wake Forest!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24656518/jim-grobe-regrets-not-taking-nebraska-job-staying-at-wake-forest

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clawson? Jimmy Clawson?

Nov 2, 2014, 10:31 AM

He transferred to WF? I thought he graduated 8 years ago? I thought Coach Grove was a man of integrity. Very disappointed in him!

What? He ain't the coach there anymore? I need to start keeping up with WF football.

Not!

~JKB

Lame.***

Nov 3, 2014, 8:58 AM

Nov 2, 2014, 1:08 PM

Our defense is getting a lot of reps no thanks to our inept offense and I'm starting to get concerned about wear and tear. Based on our past three scores, our offense is trending towards a score of 13 against Wake. So here's hoping we can hold Wake to 10 points.

Clemson wins with a field goal in the closing seconds and Stoudt gets the game ball.

Clemson 13
Wake 10

PS

Watson ties things up in the Third Quarter with a TD and is pulled after that.

Right Cocklover***

Nov 2, 2014, 1:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 2, 2014, 1:47 PM

Don't get me wrong, but Clawson has done what a lot of HC's do. They.look at.their opponent as a whole. Senior starters and.2.deeps are part of the equation. I also worry about another post as that said he was worried about wear and tear on our D. Good point considering the amount they have been on field. The offense has not been very.productive, except to score enough points to win with help from Lapik. Hopefully, with the time off, Chad has come up with a scheme to help move the ball. The well needed time off has helped heal the " bumps and bruises" and hopefully get some people back from injury. Give DW another week to heal. Let Nick come in if Cole can't move the ball.

Nov 2, 2014, 1:53 PM

"Clemson has 20 seniors on their two-deep. A lot of those guys are on the defensive side of the ball, 11 of them are in defense."

Dave, come on now, that's literally as close as you can get to 50/50 without being exactly 50/50.

Re: Many? Any?

Nov 2, 2014, 7:44 PM

i doubt they make many, if any against us. We are very gifted on defense this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,337
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic