Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney, players say strength and conditioning paid off in "weight room battle"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney, players say strength and conditioning paid off in "weight room battle"

Oct 18, 2014, 9:42 PM

Swinney, players say strength and conditioning paid off in "weight room battle"

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said his team won Saturday's "weight room battle" against Boston College, and Tiger players said that Clemson's strength and conditioning program prepared them for these late-season battles. Photo by Mark L. Baer / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STS isn't gonna lik this..... :)***

Oct 18, 2014, 9:49 PM

Re: STS isn't gonna lik this..... :)***

Oct 19, 2014, 2:35 PM

No question our defense has things pretty well under control, but I cannot accept the assertion of Batson's prep as an unqualified truth. I would be much more likely to embrace this if we had the same success in the trenches on offense as we have had on defense. Clearly Batson is not simply disregarding the team, and I have perceived improvement, but Clemson should not struggle on the line with any team and we are not yet there.

Not struggle with ANY team? ANY?

Oct 20, 2014, 6:48 AM

Not the #1 team in the country and defending Nat Champs?

Not the team in Athens that outrecruits us almost every year?

Noone, nobody, ever?

BC has always been good on the LOS, just lack speed and playmakers.
Louisville was left a very good cupboard of def players from Strong, who knows a thing or two about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney, players say strength and conditioning paid off in "weight room battle"

Oct 18, 2014, 10:04 PM

When you need to say your sc program is good after a game its time to re evaluate.

Yeah, if you have to tell people it probably isn't true.

Oct 19, 2014, 8:49 PM

If you have a hot girlfriend, you don't have to say "I have a hot girlfriend" people just know.

If you have a cool car, you don't have to say "I have a cool car" people just know.

If you're bigger and stronger on the field, you probably don't have to say it... people just know.

I don't know jack one way or the other... but my eyes tell me the o-line has been abused in every game this year and for the better part of the last 10 years... The defense has been stout this year though, I'll give 'em that.

Great post! Literally LOL'd.***

Oct 20, 2014, 1:37 AM

Re: New Story: Swinney, players say strength and conditioning paid off in "weight room battle"

Oct 18, 2014, 10:13 PM

This is exactly how Danny Ford's teams won ball games. Many of those were ugly ugly wins but got the job done by focusing on overwhelming defense but fielding just a little better than adequate offense.

And that success started and ended with monster weight/strength/conditioning training year round.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Batson!

Oct 18, 2014, 11:03 PM

Wait, wut?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why didnt we hear from Oline

Oct 18, 2014, 11:51 PM

you know Region, Battle , Gore ?

Re: Why didnt we hear from Oline

Oct 19, 2014, 8:58 AM

They were too busy getting married, eating cookies,but most importantly, talking about their " BEARDS".

Lets ask Dabo where our stash of these are

Oct 19, 2014, 12:05 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11121315/florida-state-seminoles-coach-jimbo-fisher-use-gps-technology-win-national-championship

Maybe "Coach" Munson knows. and by the way FSU has been using them for at least three years.

Re: Lets ask Dabo where our stash of these are

Oct 19, 2014, 2:00 AM

That was a really good article. That Is some really cool tech they got going on. I would love to see Clemson implement something like that. You can tailor everyone's workload and promote even more of the healthy competition that makes players better.

I wonder why they haven't rigged Winston up

Oct 20, 2014, 7:15 AM

with a shock collar that automatically senses when he's getting ready to do something stupid?

I don't think there is a shock collar built for continuous

Oct 20, 2014, 10:58 AM

use. Just sayin'.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets ask Dabo where our stash of these are

Oct 19, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Lets ask Dabo where our stash of these are ]

Clemson actually did start to use the same GPS system, Catapult, I believe it's called. A number of schools began using it this year following FSU's success with it last year.

Oct 19, 2014, 2:14 AM

That strength training video was BADASS!!!!

OL so strong CU ranked 115th in YPC! 90th, 4th down rate!

Oct 20, 2014, 2:47 AM

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/national/index.html

The OL gets almost no push and opens few holes. Same old song. CU is averaging 3.23 YPC-- one of the worst in the nation (115th out of 128 FBS schools). I wonder if Dabo ever watches the OL run-block. Maybe that explains why he goes for it (rushing) on 4th & 1 despite having the 90th ranked 4th-down conversion rate nationally.

When Morris was OC at Tulsa, he had the 15th ranked rushing offense (5.25 YPC) and the 13th ranked pass offense. That Tulsa OL opened up some serious holes and even ran for over 200 yards on Notre Dame. Maybe Morris could hire an S&C staff for the offense and Batson can train the defense since those guys seem fine.

You meant, skrong, right?***

Oct 20, 2014, 6:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OL so strong CU ranked 115th in YPC! 90th, 4th down rate!

Oct 20, 2014, 4:53 PM [ in reply to OL so strong CU ranked 115th in YPC! 90th, 4th down rate! ]

Weight lifting is a mentality, But if the D-line is strong enough so is the O-line The strongest guys on the team are on the o-line we do not have the warrior types on the O-line and You don't have to go all the way back to Tulsa for Morris's highly ranked offenses, Ellington and Rod had good years rushing. our o-line is just guys being scared to screw up and not playing full speed. I have always thought that. The best oline we had in years was the o-line during the brawl and that was because those boys were a bunch of big tough rednecks that loved the fight. You gotta love to brawl if you are going to play in trenches. I forget his name but the big white boy that played right guard last year he was a brawler not the best technique guy but loved the fight.

Agree but CU 70th & 73rd in YPC, '12 & '13. Not good.***

Oct 20, 2014, 8:14 PM

Re: Agree but CU 70th & 73rd in YPC, '12 & '13. Not good.***

Oct 20, 2014, 8:35 PM

Your point is always accurat I am just pointing out that just because a player is highly rated in high school at oline is easy when your 6'5" 280 you very seldom have to play another your size. We have got to get some big junk yard dogs that can get nasty because nasty spreads. You will understand this! Dabo has got to stop Preaching the nasty out of these boys he has to find a balance to where they maintain nasty for game day. Tebow was the best at this they have to figure out a way to turn the nasty on.

Agree. Need to recruit nasties, not just bigs. As they say..

Oct 22, 2014, 12:40 PM

If it don't bite as a puppy, it won't bite as a dog.

These words, and 3rd down shotgun formations, do not jive.

Oct 20, 2014, 10:59 AM

And I don't mean Death Valley Disco type of jive...

Oct 20, 2014, 3:24 PM

I think we recruit really freaky athletes on defense, O line, not so much. We don't seem to ever add size or develop the O-line. I know several players that haven't gotten any stronger since highschool really.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic