Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers squeak out late victory after fourth-down goal line stand
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers squeak out late victory after fourth-down goal line stand

Oct 11, 2014, 7:19 PM

Tigers squeak out late victory after fourth-down goal line stand

Clemson's defense held on fourth-and-goal with time running off the clock, and the Tigers escaped a potential upset by defeating Louisville 23-17 in Death Valley Saturday afternoon. Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers squeak out late victory after fourth-down goal line stand

Oct 11, 2014, 7:37 PM

Defense wins ballgames, Offense makes you look good. Our defense most carry the torch for the next few games until the offense finds some type of rhythm, or until D. Watson returns.

Watson's injury...

Oct 11, 2014, 7:39 PM

what does this mean to the remainder of the season; makes me wanna throw up.

Sorry.

It is a one game season. Nothing else matters to me

Oct 11, 2014, 8:37 PM

Get him healthy for scar

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a one game season. Nothing else matters to me

Oct 11, 2014, 9:49 PM

+1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something has to change.

Oct 11, 2014, 8:01 PM

I don't believe I've ever seen a game with so many stupid decisions by a coaching staff. I know some of you are saying "dude we won the game" but want about next time. Have they not learn their lesson about the shotgun on the goal line? You never go on 4 down like that in a defensive game, NEVER. We should have lost that game. Chad must change the runner plays to something that works. So freaking upset with those idoits. Coach V is the only one that's earning his pay.

Other than short yardage ineptitude, what specifically

Oct 11, 2014, 8:40 PM

Did the coaches screw up. I think we are all upset with the inability to take a snap under center and get a millimeter, but what else?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than short yardage ineptitude, what specifically

Oct 11, 2014, 9:22 PM

Never take a gamble on 4th down in a defensive game, never. Make them earn ever inch.

So it is not "so many coaching mistakes", rather it was ONE

Oct 11, 2014, 9:57 PM

Mistake?

Why does a win feel so bad

Oct 11, 2014, 8:12 PM

Watson?

Re: Why does a win feel so bad

Oct 11, 2014, 8:26 PM

Why does the win feel so bad? Well, if you are one of the many who was convinced in our superiority, you will have lost confidence in seeing that a no name school can actually have a defense and that our offense, even with the boy wonder isn't an irresistible force. Add to it that Watson is hurt and out for weeks isn't going to make you feel better.

If you are one of those fans who can begrudgingly acknowledge that schools outside the south can play some ball too then you are simply left with the recognition that we had to squeak one out to get a W.

Welookedmgoodmlastmweek, but that was the first time we did. Otherwise, our offense is weak,me specially our line. And we have to live with this for the rest of the year.

Oct 11, 2014, 8:46 PM

Shut your Kentucky redneck pie hole and drink some more nasty, rot gut Kentucky, Rick Patino sweat Bourbon and worry about your thug basketball program, quit pretending to be Clemson fan! Oh yeah, your pasty white coach can't ride a bike.

Oct 12, 2014, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Why does a win feel so bad ]

Good points. Lost one of the top QB's in the country, and the utter ineptitude of our OL
was again exposed. How badly did UVA beat Louisville? Can't recall.

Oct 11, 2014, 9:01 PM

When are our coaches going to figure out that we cannot go for short yardage situations from the shotgun?

Oct 11, 2014, 11:48 PM

How many times does CNN try the same thing and it not work. I believe Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I'm sure we'll lose to SC again because of his ridiculous belief that we should do everything opposite of what has worked... again.

Oct 11, 2014, 9:11 PM

Everybody back off the ledge. Louisville is number one in the country in defense. Clemson is in the top give. My prediction was CU 20 Louisville 17. Clemson dropped to a 7 point favorite. Yes, there could have been better calls at times. Will be 10-2.

Oct 11, 2014, 9:57 PM

Our defense was great today. So proud of how they took control of the game. This was one tough game... as most expected it to be.

So proud of you guys. It was a rough outing for the offense, but they came through. I know there will be a lot of things that will be said... I just think of it this way ... if I can do better, then I need to be down on the field playing. Keep our guys focused on getting better each week and support them when things does not always go the way we want it to.

Deshaun, I just hope your hand will heal quickly, thank you Cole for being there for us. That was one good defense. Come on Tiger fans ... keep that loud noise going against Boston College. Lets show the other teams that Death Valley lives up to its name.

Let's take one game at a time. Tigers ... "Believe in yourselves and each other. Believe and Execute." We're young but we're growing up fast. Goooooooooooo! Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So proud of the Clemson Fans. They sounded great. I know I'm using a lot of greats today ... but I think it is appropriate for this game, again Go Tigers!!!

My Thoughts from London

Oct 12, 2014, 3:03 AM

1. Cole Stoudt played well considering he had a shoulder injury and was limited. It didn't help that the O-line didn't give him much protection. Yes hit hurts that Watson is out but I am confident in Stoudt.

2. The shotgun again on 4th and Inches and then running up the middle into the strength of the defence didn't make much sense (that was putting it politely) I remember so many times in the past where teams would burn Clemson on a short yardage play by a quick pass to the outside that would go for 50 yards.

I read someone on the boards said it felt like a Bowden game. It had a different feel I think because the offence was looking to the sidelines a lot and there wasn't much tempo, the defence played great but they also looked confused right before the play. which reminder me of those past teams. Luckily when the ball was snapped they knew what they were doing.

My HUGE beef was on the reviewed sideline catch where they called the receiver out and upheld the decision drove me crazy. You can clearly see the turf getting kicked up from his foot so that would mean contact, SO I don't understand how anybody didn't see it.

Re: My Thoughts from London

Oct 12, 2014, 10:11 AM

Stoudt certainly didn't play well. Please. Post like yours remind me of the Bowden Days and the constant praises we would hear about Cullen Harper.

We really miss Chad Kelly right now more than anything and Watson can't get better soon enough.

I would see what our third string QB could do in practice right now.

Oct 12, 2014, 4:16 PM

Probably gonna get slammed on this, but oh well. 1) Good thing Louisville's DB's can' t catch a football or 3 and out Stout would have thrown 4 picks instead of one. 2) Why are we still in the shotgun inside the 5 with a QB that can take a snap under center? 3) When is our Offensive Co-ordinator genious going to accept the fact that Choice and Fleming are the best we have at RB and actually start them. Proof is in the 4 qtr with Choice actually gaining some good yardage. Stout being injured is a factor, but where's Nick and the transfer? Play all of them til you find someone that can move the ball on Offense ! Hats off to the defense and special teams, ie Humphries and Lapik. They Won the game. Defense and Special Teams as a whole should get game balls for an absolutely stellar game!!!

Oct 12, 2014, 4:32 PM

One other thing I left out on above post. Why, all of a sudden, and where did the rugby style punt come from? Been wondering when it would bite us in the you know where. We'll it happened. Punt the ball without all the tricks and pin them back deep instead of out of bounds 1st and 10 at midfield.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic