Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lineman with over 50 offers talks Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Lineman with over 50 offers talks Clemson visit

Sep 30, 2014, 7:01 AM

Lineman with over 50 offers talks Clemson visit

Offensive lineman Parker Boudreaux of Orlando (FL) Bishop Moore has over 50 offers to his credit, and he spent two days this past weekend on Clemson's campus. What does he say about the visit? Where does Clemson stand? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know we are complaining about oline now but if we

Sep 30, 2014, 8:06 AM

continue to recruit like this on the line, barring any freak injuries, this is about to change

Re: I know we are complaining about oline now but if we

Sep 30, 2014, 8:25 AM

We've been recruiting big on the O line for about 3 years now. This is the last year of the 2 and 3 star O linemen. IE Webster, Davis, and Beasley. Next year Clemson will have one of the best lines in the country that's offense and defense along with a good if great RB corps, WR group, and TE group. This team will be to tough to beat soon.

Are you saying

Sep 30, 2014, 5:32 PM

"wait till next year" I used to hear that from the chicken fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I know we are complaining about oline now but if we ]

sure agree!! HOWEVER, IMHO this comes about 10 years too late!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The story is about a recruit which was in the FIRST GRADE

Sep 30, 2014, 8:36 AM

10 years ago! Is it time to move on?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No relevance to your 1st grade statement

Oct 5, 2014, 4:55 AM

unless you wrongly assumed Poster,Tiger5, meant Clemson should been recruiting Parker B. ten years ago.

Sep 30, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I know we are complaining about oline now but if we ]

IMO, it never is too late to fix a mistake. Us not focusing more on the OL over the years, even though we have had some success and some definite improvement as a team overall, has hurt us. Glad to see us paying attention now. Not too sure, however, that Caldwell is the right coach for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 10:27 AM

We were lacking in a lot of aspects when TB left. I think Dabo and company decided to focus on getting play makers in here over linemen. There is really no point in having the best line in the country if you don't have anyone behind them that can move the ball.

I think if we focused on Oline when Dabo took over instead of WR's and RB's, we would be looking at it the other way right now and saying if we just had some talented play makers we could be unstoppable.

It takes several years to build a complete team through recruitment, especially when you are basically starting with nothing, and set the building blocks to maintain it going forward. We are in the final stage of having a complete team and the future will be great moving forward.

Sep 30, 2014, 11:49 AM

Dabo has been working to upgrade the OL since day 1... We have lost at 3 OL over the last 5 years to career ending injuries.. the first one never saw the field... I think we saved some spots for next years class because we knew we had some good ones coming several in January... I expect at least 2 of the incoming freshmen to play next year. they might not start but they will play....

Oct 5, 2014, 9:18 PM

I agree that we have made an attempt, but for whatever reason it has not developed. Get that fixed, and we will be a real force! A much bigger one than we already have become. I look for us to be in every "expert's" conversation when we get these stud OL recruits in place and somewhat mature. That has been our missing link, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2014, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I know we are complaining about oline now but if we ]

I disagree. A great OL and surrounding support group allowed even a marginal player like Buck Belue from ugay to get drafted. Granted, when he got to the next level he quickly fell flat on his ---, but he did get the sniff he wouldn't have gotten. Granted, he did have Hershel Walker in his backfield, but even he looked better since his OL was stellar.

IF, and that is a big if, we can coach them up.

Sep 30, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I know we are complaining about oline now but if we ]

We need to see these high recruits come in and get even better. I am not saying they won't, but it is essential to see that happen.

We are slow, but not real slow.***

Sep 30, 2014, 8:28 AM

Got to be a bad @ss to wear glasses like that

Sep 30, 2014, 8:58 AM

reminds me of Elis Costello

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

But can he play Wide Receiver?***

Sep 30, 2014, 10:13 AM

Coach Caldwell is a fine coach and we need to get off the hate

Sep 30, 2014, 12:38 PM

His players play their hearts out for him and recruits relate to him. He has had to deal with unprecedented injuries and recruiting priorities that focused elsewhere first as the team was being rebuilt.

Now he is finally getting some love on the recruiting front. The rewards for being patient on this front will be sweet!

Saw the board. lol. That's an old trick!

Sep 30, 2014, 1:12 PM

Kidding, hope he comes to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: New Story: Lineman with over 50 offers talks Clemson visit

Sep 30, 2014, 1:21 PM

Why only 3-star rated if he's so highly sought after with over 50 offers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I honestly care more about offers (how many and to where)

Sep 30, 2014, 1:50 PM

more so than stars. The offers are coming from people that get paid to be right. The stars come from people that have no idea what it takes to build a program.

Re: I honestly care more about offers (how many and to where)

Sep 30, 2014, 3:22 PM

No offers (yet) from Florida, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Alabama, Auburn, and many other top tier programs in the South East according to rivals.com (nor South Carolina , but we won't count them as top tier). Offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech stand out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That dude looks like he'd flat F you up***

Sep 30, 2014, 1:23 PM

Re: New Story: Lineman with over 50 offers talks Clemson visit

Sep 30, 2014, 2:01 PM

if we get 4-5 guys like this, I could lead the nation in rushing

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic