Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game

Sep 28, 2014, 6:59 PM

Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said that a number of factors contributed to Clemson's anemic rushing attack Saturday. What does he say about the run game? What is the latest injury news? What does he say about special teams? Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game

Sep 28, 2014, 7:09 PM

Surprised we didn't hear anything on Peters. I thought he had a great game. But that's why I'm not a coach, Lol.

I agree, he was playing lights out...***

Sep 28, 2014, 8:53 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pass-pro was decent but run-blocking was dreadful. Same old.***

Sep 28, 2014, 7:23 PM

Re: Pass-pro was decent but run-blocking was dreadful. Same old.***

Sep 28, 2014, 7:42 PM

I completely agree with you. Our OL has not pushed anybody around since DF was the coach. I keep getting my hopes up every year that we will get that fixed, and every year, including this year, I am very disappointed in the lack of push we get on run plays. I'm so hopeful the new commits for the OL will develop into a real strength. If they do, we will be a very special team. I do admit that some of the hurries Watson had were the result of a whiff by the back or TE who was supposed to pick someone up, but missed the assignment, but that had little to do with the lack of push on running plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on Dabo's comments

Sep 28, 2014, 7:47 PM

The Tigers won the game by 31, played with intensity for 4 Quarters, have solved all of the coverage woes on special teams, only had real minor glitches during the 2nd half Defensive collapse and he is SO PROUD and giddy about the performance. Based on the HC's words, the players probably believe all units played great. NOT!!!

Re: Based on Dabo's comments

Sep 28, 2014, 7:49 PM

You are correct your coots did collapse at the end. That is why you lost.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2014, 7:57 PM

Not a Shamecock ######! If you think last night's performance will win games over the next few weeks, then you are sadly mistaken. UNCheat has talent but they are not a good football team! Their defense is horrible!

Sep 30, 2014, 11:59 PM

Try enjoying the win. When or if we lose another I will still get over it. Some of you people have zero in life except a bunch of kids playing football. Even when they win you still are not happy. You are either a coot or a miserable little prick.

Sep 28, 2014, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on Dabo's comments ]

Not a Shamecock ######! If you think last night's performance will win games over the next few weeks, then you are sadly mistaken. UNCheat has talent but they are not a good football team! Their defense is horrible!

Sep 28, 2014, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on Dabo's comments ]

don't think I will have to listen to the garbage next week, what are you wearing that orange for. don't have to tell them I got cloths at Riches and Belts, not like you guys who got your gamecoot clothes at Miracle Hill.

Sep 28, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Based on Dabo's comments ]

You must be reading different comments than I am.

Re: Based on Dabo's comments-Thinking same thing.

Sep 28, 2014, 9:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 28, 2014, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Based on Dabo's comments ]

Do you honestly think the coaching staff doesn't recognize what needs to be corrected?? You should get Dabo your number so he can call you for advice. I'd much rather have a coach that highlights the positives rather than dwell on the negatives. Maybe you would rather a coach like Slurrier that routinely throws his staff and players under the bus, Dabo has too much character to come out to #### and moan. If that's what you need, watch Spurrier's show. Otherwise, enjoy the positives and let the coaches do their jobs.......Negative Nancy.

Re: Based on Dabo's comments-Your first TU

Sep 28, 2014, 9:26 PM

Let me give you your first TU!
Good post...
GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 28, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Based on Dabo's comments ]

You could have used "Silly Sally" then we'd really have fun

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you a girl?

Sep 28, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Based on Dabo's comments ]

You seem like a girl.

Re: Are you a girl?

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18 PM

Far from it. But Shane is cute girls name! Question for you and all th Sunshine Pumpers: have you ever worn the silks? And Pop Warner doesn't count!

Re: Are you a girl?

Oct 1, 2014, 12:00 AM

Yep and we lost lots of games as well. Get over yourself.

Sep 28, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Based on Dabo's comments ]

Well coach I suppose your comments would be along the lines of "Well we sucked in every facet of the game. We didnt have a running game cause everyone is a dumba$$, except me--our defense sucked in th 2nd half cause everyone's a dumba$$ except me and we only hung 50 points on UNC cause everyone is a dumba$$-except me! It was all I could do to keep from slitting my wrists!' Think that about covers it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that you Steve?***

Sep 28, 2014, 10:28 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Sep 28, 2014, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Based on Dabo's comments ]

I agree. I thought we looked very average against a team that had 70 hung on them by ECU. I'm not sure what game Dabo was watching. NC State now looms as a major challenge. Our OL is, as ever, dreadful.

LOL. How bout them Tigers?!

Sep 29, 2014, 12:33 AM

Nice choke job, ####.

Re: New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game

Sep 28, 2014, 10:34 PM

We don't have a run game. We don't want a run game. It's pretty obvious what we spend our time on in practice - deception. I can't think of one team with a good run game who runs the ball east west constantly. Maybe I missed a few but I can't come up with 1 right now. Maybe Watson will be good enough to overcome this.....

UGA has one for sure with their 4 all star RBs***

Sep 29, 2014, 9:18 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game ]

> I can't think of one team with
> a good run game who runs the ball east west
> constantly.

Well, that's good, because Death Valley is a unique stadium in that it's oriented East-West.

Wonder if the lack of pistol formation is part of the issue.

Sep 28, 2014, 10:41 PM

We seemed to use it somewhat effectively last season. Thought that was going to be a permanent part of our offense...maybe not.

I'm ready to see Mr Caldwell go

Sep 28, 2014, 11:29 PM

Whether we show him the door or he finds it himself. No improvement in that area of our team for... well... since he's been here. Buh-Bye.

No way we win out with our OL

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18 AM

As far as the pistol goes,, maybe that's something in the play book that Watson hasn't mastered yet. I'm just guessing, but we haven't seen it much at all, if any, when he's in.

Re: No way we win out with our OL

Oct 1, 2014, 12:01 AM

Your OL is awesome. Rest of your coot team sucks donkey #####.

Sep 29, 2014, 10:55 AM

I'd like to see them using number 40, Kurt Fleming more. With some good coaching, I think he could make a big improvement in their running game.

Sep 29, 2014, 11:01 AM

O line definitely needs work on run blocking. Did fairly decent job keeping them out of back field. Maybe mix in a draw a or delayed hand off to mix it up. RB screen worked somewhat. Goal line suggestion, take a fan favorite from Danny Ford's trickery book. Find the biggest and meanest Defense or Offense lineman and put him in as chief hole creator in front of running back to create Mack Truck size hole for running back to go thru ( Fridge or Micheal Dean).

Sep 29, 2014, 11:02 AM

O line definitely needs work on run blocking. Did fairly decent job keeping them out of back field. Maybe mix in a draw a or delayed hand off to mix it up. RB screen worked somewhat. Goal line suggestion, take a fan favorite from Danny Ford's trickery book. Find the biggest and meanest Defense or Offense lineman and put him in as chief hole creator in front of running back to create Mack Truck size hole for running back to go thru ( Fridge or Micheal Dean).

Sep 30, 2014, 5:47 PM

This is a major issue. Dabo says after watching film the oline played great. He saw nothing bad on film. ### is he watching? Kalon Davis said the same thing, that after looking at film they played really well. I've watched that game three times and was embarrassed by the effort and missed blocks. This is why it NEVER improves! Because they (Dabo) praise their players for mediocre performances. Players take the personality of the coaches who lead them. This should explain alot.

Sep 30, 2014, 6:17 PM

^^^^^ some people just don't get it tough to figure out at times I know a lil too simple for ya.....

Oct 1, 2014, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Sunday Night Film Review: Swinney discusses problems in the run game ]

Why don't you go back and count the number of holes that our backs didn't run through. The OL can only make a hole,they can't carry the ball through it as well. Glad we have such great coaches on Tnet. I wish our staff was half as smart as you guys.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic