Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Nothing to play for? Think again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 5,620

New Story: Nothing to play for? Think again

Sep 27, 2014, 10:14 AM

Nothing to play for? Think again

The prevailing sentiment among a lot of Clemson fans following last Saturday’s heartbreaking loss to Florida St. was that the season was, for all intents and purposes, over. Think again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Nothing to play for? Think again

Sep 27, 2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks for being the voice of reason, David. Those type of fans can get quite ridiculous. Thankfully, they're not the majority. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2014, 7:58 PM

I pay those fans not one bit of attention. Those are the ones that if the NC is out of reach, they will b!tch and moan the rest of the season of how we blew our chances at something that only two teams in America can play for. Our time will be coming soon I do believe. But we have plenty of games to play showing our march to the top, and I'll be very happy and please to watch it all unfold. Goooooo Tigersssssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2014, 10:28 AM

I agree. Besides, Ja-mouth Winston may not be done yet. FSU could have a couple of letdowns. You never know. How many times would T Bowden's team have won division if they had just taken care of business?

exactly

Sep 27, 2014, 10:54 AM

what are they supposed to do?
Cancel the rest of the games and give the money to charity?

Go Tigers!

Thanks David

Winning every remaining game w/Watson

Sep 27, 2014, 10:55 AM

As a freshman QB is well worth watching. Plus, if the Coastal continues to be the mixed up mess it has been, we could very easily return to the Orange Bowl. In a perfect world we would get another SEC opponent. Being able to go 2-1 against ranked SEC teams is also well worth watching.

Re: Winning every remaining game w/Watson

Sep 30, 2014, 2:29 PM

Under that assumption, the gamecocks would be ranked at the end of the season. I'm not sure that's a good assumption.

Great article David!! - With that said...

Sep 27, 2014, 11:03 AM

The negative ninnies and all there "but, but, but".... Crap, needs to get a grip!!

NO ONE expected us (this year) to be undefeated or make the "playoff" anyway after losing Tajh, Sammy, Martavis, Cat Man, etc., and were expected to lose to FSU, so it IS INDEED a rebuilding year for us. There is no shame in that...at all!

If your a Tiger fan, things are looking up!! The "Air assault" Deshaun era starts tonight!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great article David!! - With that said...

Sep 27, 2014, 1:23 PM

I'm not one of those negative ninnies as you stated...but I don't care what the outside world expects of Clemson....We ARE good enough to beat UGA and FSU but didn't get it done....in no way shape or form should you or ANY Clemson fan feel content with losing to ANY team....we have the talent and the coaches....just need to execute. With that being said....this true blood, orange bleeding Clemson fan is still excited to watch my beloved Tigers play EVERY game and hopefully win out and compete in a great bowl. GO TIGERS

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, disappointed

Sep 27, 2014, 2:38 PM

And yes we are good enough to have own bot AT Georgia and AT FSU. But losing those 2 does not minimize at all what this team can still achieve. I think many good times are still ahead.

Sep 27, 2014, 11:04 AM

All we have left to do is beat the coots and we better get it done this year

Sep 27, 2014, 11:22 AM

Hello 10-2, beating the coots to end the streak, another Orange Bowl appearance and win, 4th straight 10 win season and 3rd 11 win season in a row...

Enough said. Plenty left on the board to accomplish!

Totally agree

Sep 27, 2014, 11:30 AM

while I do agree there's a lot left on the table; Our OL must get a lot better.
With the talent we have at RB, we should not be struggling running the fb.

If Clemson and FSU run the table we will go to the

Sep 27, 2014, 11:49 AM

Orange Bowl just like last year. A chance for an 11-2 season and a BCS victory and a long awaited win versus Scar. That would be a VERY good season. Plenty to play for.

Re: If Clemson and FSU run the table we will go to the

Sep 27, 2014, 12:10 PM

No more BCS. But ya the season is just getting started guys and we have one he!! of a team to be proud of and I think we'll all take another 11 win season and a #### stomping! This is a transition year and the future is lookin bright.

"If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry

Sep 27, 2014, 1:56 PM

Christmas" - Dandy Don Meredith

IF our D were not gassed in the 4th qtr against UGA and IF we'd just gone up 2 scores at any time against FSU and IF we had a placekicker and IF Chad Morris didn't have brainfartitis in big games, then yes, THEN we'd have a lot to play for indeed.

As is, this season is about building around #4, getting ready for next season, and beating the coots. And that's really it. Nothing wrong with it, as we get to see the building process around a young man who, should he stay healthy, may turn out to be the best QB ever at Clemson. He is fully deserving of wearing Fuller's #4.

If that's a load of crap, then pass the bed pan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry

Sep 27, 2014, 8:07 PM

So what you're saying is that, a season ending with us ranked in the top 10 nationally isn't worth playing for. If so, I firmly, sternly, and unequivocally say bull F-ing chit!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame espn and internet for this mentality that

Sep 27, 2014, 2:52 PM

season is over the 3rd week.

They start naming final 4 and Heisman in preseason and once a team loses they're out.

bull crap. A football season is 12 games for a reason and 10-2 could be another BCS bowl.

Before the internet and espn, that was a great yr and you celebrated.

enjoy each game and when it's over decide if it was a good yr or not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2014, 2:56 PM

Great article David! I was one of those fans saying the season is over and there was nothing to play for. But, you have opened my eyes and if you look at the big picture this will be the start of something special. Watson now will be getting all the first team reps in practice that he was not getting since he was deemed the back up. He is only going to get better each and every week he practices with the starters and plays. The defense will only get better, especially in the secondary as the season rolls on as well. The limited time he has played so far this season you can see the difference in the team as they play with a lot more energy & intensity when he is under center. I really believe that if watson stays healthy we will be hitting on all cyclinders by the time the chickens come calling in November. Who knows florida state looks like a much different team so far this year versus last and maybe they spit the bit a couple of times this year? I agree the future is bright with all the young talent we have now and what is coming in next years class and beyond with the recruiting we have been doing! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Well, there's no....

Sep 27, 2014, 3:37 PM

Real Championships to play for just hopes of winning out, beating SC, and winning a bowl game which neither are guaranteed....btw the season started August 30th and we are unranked at 1-2. I'm not off the bandwagon, just accepting where we are. Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2014, 3:39 PM

Good job on the article. I look forward to watching the young players grow and gain experience. I look forward to watching the defense play lights out with a chip on its shoulder. I look forward to beating the chickens, and winning out. I am hopeful for another prominent bowl matchup for more exposure for the program, and to aide in recruiting efforts. And although unlikely, I am hoping that FSU drops two conference games. I would be extremely excited to watch the Tigers play for another ACC championship.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

FSU vulnerable so ACC title 12-2 possible... & 11-2 not bad!***

Sep 27, 2014, 5:22 PM

Agree David but

Sep 27, 2014, 5:29 PM

If we finish with a loss to USuC, this season will be horrible. The ACC is so bad that winning some conference games garners no real excitement or sense of accomplishment. Of course we want to win them all but beating Wake, BC, Cuse, et all just doesn't rev me up much.

Beat the old ball sack and this year is a tremendous success.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree David but

Sep 27, 2014, 8:23 PM

IF, if a bull frog had wings, he wouldn't bounce on his A$S. If, if the coots don't bring their best game played of their season to DV, they will get bounced on their A$S and sent back to cootlumbia with their A$SES battered and bruised. There is not, and will not be a 6 straight against us in the coots future through the path of Death Valley. It won't happen!!!

oh goody anothe ten win season..

Sep 27, 2014, 5:31 PM

and bowl game that means absolutely nothing..while fsu adds another conference title to their case..you play to win championships point blank.fact is the only game that matters is usuc now.

Sep 27, 2014, 5:45 PM

Great article David.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, the prevailing attitude..

Sep 27, 2014, 6:05 PM

The seasons over. Obviously. We all think so.

I agree with this. Right on!***

Sep 28, 2014, 12:24 AM

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Replies: 27
| visibility 5,620
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic