Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 102
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt

Sep 22, 2014, 9:21 PM

Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt

Chad Morris told the media Monday morning in the WestZone that it never crossed his mind to put quarterback Deshaun Watson under center with the Tigers facing short-yardage situations on the goal line and late in the game in a fourth down situation. The reason? Trust. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about

Sep 22, 2014, 9:25 PM

Watson. He sounds like Spurrier. His a$$ needs to be fired.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God lord man, he answered the question

Sep 22, 2014, 9:30 PM

He answered it truthfully. I'm more mad that they didn't put Cole in to run the sneak than I am about Morris telling the truth.

Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:37 PM

You want have to worry much longer - CM has already been in discussions with SMU for head coaching job

Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about

Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Sounds like one of those moral victory type of speeches,if you ask me.
Yes,I know your not asking me,but I'm telling you anyway.
Hey Chad.We lost.
So what are you going to do to fix that?

Sep 23, 2014, 2:50 PM

Moral victories are for losers. We lost a game we should have won. It is what it is. A loss.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

stay up there with your yankee buddies

Sep 22, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

good old greenwood is alive and well. smfh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

IMHO he did not have to say " I did not trust him" talking about under center

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 9:53 PM

good old tigernet dissecting every syllable our coaches utter. nothing like a loss to bring out the scum fans and lordy do we have a bunch of those.

I think some posters anticipate the coaches' interviews

Sep 22, 2014, 10:34 PM

more than the games. I'm sure the coaches have a fun time reading some of the comments.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Wow. Just wow. How can people on this board say the mistakes cost us 20 point and then say Morris had a dumb game plan? The two together don't make sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 10:29 PM

Agreed. It's a complete flip-flop in reasoning mid argument. The gameplan was solid... Bottom line. We were actually playing offense in the 3rd and 4th quarters. However the lack of a W simply is the result of costly mistakes. No fault to Chad. As a coach you do not make decisions with the possibility of failure in mind. You simply expect the guys to execute. Chad shouldn't alter his play calling at goal line because the center could "maybe" snap the ball 20 yards behind Watson. They had practiced shotgun, perform the shotgun. High snaps are inexcusable... They are a mistake that cost a game, but not a factor that should weigh into goal line play calling. It is all too easy to criticize coaching effort in hindsight. I am 100% behind the coaching decisions Saturday. But I am disappointed with the mistakes of several players... But hey, that's football. Correct mistakes. I hate to see Clemson family so divided after a loss as painful as this. We all want answers for why we didn't beat them. We aren't going to get one that makes us happy or makes it easier to let the game go. We need to band together, support players, coaching staff, and trust that our coaches can get this done. If we win out and finally beat the #####, this will seem a very distant memory

Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Miorris' comments about

Sep 22, 2014, 10:43 PM

There are times you don't need to start a play by moving it back 4 yards. 2nd down at the 1-foot line is one of those times. This is very basic. They will correct this, but a QB sneak has a very high percentage of getting 1 foot. Bad snap or not the play from the gun opens a possibility of losing yardage when the D is packed in.

Sep 22, 2014, 10:58 PM

Can no one spell ?

Sep 23, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Miorris' comments about ]

High pecentage formation. The percentage of errors are greater that close to the goalline. 7man front 7 possible errors with one mis assignment. 9man 9 errors possiblity. That includes turning around and handing it to a runningback. Doesn't hurt to weigh or reduce the percentage of error in a game of high magnitude.

Sep 23, 2014, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Coaches wasted a lot of time with Cole. Now they are scrambling. I thought the game plan was pretty solid Didn't like a few of the calls on the goal line. Everyone who thinks Chad should be fired needes to take a deep breath and think about who is going to replace him. He is one of the best in the business. Just like Dabo is one of the best in the business at recruiting. Notice I didn't say coaching.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:24 AM

Who is going to replace him how about ECU's Laurence Riley. He runs HUNH but can adjust based on personnel and the defense. Most of all just like our defense coach Veneables he takes accounatbility to coach um up. Morris for 4 years has taken zero responsibility/accountability. He read a playbook from Malzone and is essentially the Sean Foley of college footbal more image than knowledge

Sep 23, 2014, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

We have a great coaching staff. While watching the game with a family member, I felt uneasied and flinched everytime the ball was snapped high. Each time dicussing and pointing out each high snapped throughout the game. After the snap mishap, each snap was chest high instead of shelf reaching height. I notice that he took a little off each snap and they hit his numbers each time.
Timming deterrence each time this happen. Gives the defender and extra step or another second to recover from a block. I brought out the same feeling and dicussion about how our runningback carrying the ball with one hand from beginning to end of a each carry. Both situation came to past before the game was over.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:12 PM

Why wasn't DW taught to handle Under the center snaps? That's coaching (or lack thereof). And now Morris blames
DW? BNS.

Sep 23, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

It was Jimmy's and Joe's, not X's and O's that cost us that game. And they did it about 6 times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honesty really irritates you, huh?***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

What? What comments are you even talking about?

Sep 23, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

That he didn't trust him under center? So what? Are you worried that Watson's feelings are going to be hurt? Good lord everything else said about Watson has been the highest praise, and then one comment about him struggling to adapt to something he's never done before offends you?

Do you feel sorry for Stoudt too? Should we give him the job back so we don't hurt his feelings? Good grief.

Re: What? What comments are you even talking about?

Sep 23, 2014, 11:51 AM

Yeah bro, its a culture of butthurt. Ignore them....

Sep 23, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Nothing like a knee jerk reaction from an increasingly dilusional fan base. If Clemson fired Morris he would be out of work for 12 seconds. What he's done for us over the last few years is remarkable

Sep 23, 2014, 9:23 AM

I'm old and retired and never played college football. Fire CM, give me the job with all the same TALENT and watch me win em all. He's a choker and a loser!

Sep 23, 2014, 9:31 AM

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Sep 23, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

I hope you're kidding?

Sep 23, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to I'm appauled and disgusted by Morris' comments about ]

Agree. To but the blame on a freshman quarterback that played his heart out is totally classless! Morris trained him. He should have given him and the team the best chance of winning. He could have played Stoudt if needbe.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:14 PM

Exactly, they didn't train DW to handle the under center snaps. That's poor coaching.

Re: New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt

Sep 22, 2014, 9:31 PM

If Morris ever starts the no talent Stoudt again, he is totally insane. I'm sick of this pee wee football thinking at Clemson.

Best timed pass of the night

Sep 22, 2014, 9:38 PM

Stoudt to Scott.

I truly hope you are coot impostor as your pulse tends to

Sep 22, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt ]

indicate. How you can call Cole "no-talent" is beyond me. He is talented and devoted to our University. Get behind all the players. You are a no-talent poster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignore the coot.***

Sep 23, 2014, 12:04 AM

Re: Ignore the coot.***

Sep 23, 2014, 2:58 PM

Right on!! Let's organizes a coot hunt. Is that anything like a snipe hunt?

Re: New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt

Sep 22, 2014, 9:31 PM

that's right shift all the blame to the players ..you're right it's a matter of trust I no longer trust you to make the correct calls . I love this team and I love the effort they put out ..they deserve a coach who has their back not sticks a knife in them !

Sep 22, 2014, 9:32 PM

Relax john madden.

Sep 22, 2014, 9:44 PM

You relax debbie downer

Sep 22, 2014, 9:34 PM

How about QB power from the shotgun pistol/shotgun...

Not hb 28 ISO

Sep 22, 2014, 9:35 PM

qb power was used to get 17. Come on chad

Sep 22, 2014, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt ]

You get that off madden?? Morris said we were gonna run power when Norton snapped it over his head. Wouldn't have mattered what the call was on 4th 1 in OT. They blew our line off the ball. I would have liked to seem play action bootleg and throw it to mike or a delayed TE. Or before we wasted the timeout, we should have known whether or not we were gonna go for it, tried to get them to jump by hurrying to the line and freezing the play. Then call TO if they don't jump. That way you make a better decision and exhaust all possibilities.

Re: Never thought about under center??????

Sep 22, 2014, 9:36 PM

Surely you jest Chad. Was there ant thought about putting Stoudt under center? Have only heard excuses with no owning up to bad decisions.

This translates to "I messed up"

Sep 22, 2014, 9:38 PM

That's ok we all do. But don't suggest putting DW under center is out of the question. Nine year olds take snaps under center. Add it, just in case. May never need it again, but add it. Please.

That said, Chad and Brent had a great game plan Saturday night and I think we will turn this season around big time.

You and I aren't at practice

Sep 22, 2014, 9:40 PM

I've heard of several Q.B.'s having difficulty under center. Tim Tebow in the NFL comes to mind.

Excuse me ppl***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:47 PM

We didn't have to be under center! why is this conversation on being under center!

What play did we use to go up 17-10. What play did u know was comin last year on 3rd/4th and short. QB POWER.

What I'm sayin is if we're going to be in pistol , at least run qb power. Get your big boys in there get a hat on a hat and see what happens

We're talking about the snap over the QB's head

Sep 22, 2014, 9:48 PM

Which doesn't happen under center.

Pretty sure the play call doesn't matter when the snap lands

Sep 23, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Excuse me ppl*** ]

on the 25 yard line. lol

Some things are hard but worth it

Sep 22, 2014, 9:48 PM [ in reply to You and I aren't at practice ]

Put in the work. A QB sneak or two on 2nd and goal at the 1-foot line and we beat the #1 team in the land Saturday night.

Uh, put Stoudt in for one play then.***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to You and I aren't at practice ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Sep 23, 2014, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we have a failure to communicate....

Sep 22, 2014, 9:52 PM

Watson says: "“In high school, I didn't do it too much. We were straight shotgun. I was bigger than everybody else so I could just get the ball and run straight ahead and get five or six yards. At this level, it's a whole new ballgame. It's something I have to work on, to be honest. We did a little bit in fall camp. It's something that Coach Swinney challenged me to work on this week, throughout the season and during my career.”

Morris says: "As of last Thursday, we fumbled the snap under center in short-yardage situations with him at quarterback. We've got a quarterback sneak in our game plan and our system. Had we known what the outcome was going to be- we would have done it differently (well DUH!!). I didn't trust him."

Follow up question - why did Watson go under center in OT?***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:55 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Follow up question - why did Watson go under center in OT?***

Sep 22, 2014, 9:59 PM

Shoulda put Fleming in. I know the fumble in the sc st game hurt him but he is a big boy

Strangely, I think this is the most whining I've seen on

Sep 22, 2014, 9:55 PM

Tnet. Everybody, calm the freak down. We lost. Let's not try
to find something wrong with every single thing. Morris was
honest. I'm sure that that wasn't news to Watson. He probably knows it more than anyone.

Get your panties out of their everlasting wads.

Re: Strangely, I think this is the most whining I've seen on

Sep 22, 2014, 10:03 PM

its not whining but righteous indignation that our multimillion dollar offensive coordinator pulled one the biggest bungles anyone has ever seen
..and refuses to take one ounce of responsibility for it $%&&#@!

Here we have a most alarmist post calling for calm!

Sep 22, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Strangely, I think this is the most whining I've seen on ]

People stating what we may have done different is ok. Relax. Chad called a great game. Some of us think an under center play or two may have helped. We could be wrong, but it's ok. Coaches get things wrong too. No biggy. I'd be willing to bet the coaching staff in hindsight would love to go back and run a sneak or two on the drive where we came away with no points from 2nd and goal at the 1-foot line. That's football, doesn't mean they aren't great coaches. They are.

Trust? To take a snap under center?

Sep 22, 2014, 10:10 PM

That is crazy. How do you not trust a lifetime QB to take a snap under center? Great players do things they never practice, they do things in games that don't work in practice because. They can do that at critical times because they are great players - call whatever play you believe is the right play in the situation and let them play!!! Otherwise Dabo please step in!!!

Easy

Sep 22, 2014, 10:11 PM

He didn't take any snaps under center as a high school player. Did you not read the article?

speaking of trust how does Watson

Sep 22, 2014, 10:19 PM

trust Morris ..now that his coach has laid the blame at his feet ..Dabo absolutely needs to step in and take control of Morris's Ego

Did you read the article?

Sep 22, 2014, 10:20 PM

Watson says he's not comfortable under center (paraphrase).

Morris says Watson's not comfortable under center.

Why is this an issue. They seem to agree.

Re: Did you read the article?

Sep 22, 2014, 10:37 PM

The issue is that they are not comfortable. Need to fix that. I guarantee they know this. And will correct it.

That is also mentioned in the article.***

Sep 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

Re: That is mentioned -DANG, you want people to READ it.

Sep 23, 2014, 12:34 AM

DANG, you want people to READ it. LOL.
:)
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

REALLY?

Sep 23, 2014, 7:56 AM

I wonder if he is "comfortable" being chased by an FSU defensive lineman and throwing off his back foot down the field 20 yards from our own 15??? if not he just shouldn't do that should he? You guys are too much - his response is aimed at the general masses of idiots and you buy that - can't take a snap under center (belly laugh!)

Geez, put your other 6'4" 225 QB in for one play to

Sep 22, 2014, 10:19 PM

sneak it or handoff even.

Exactly! - unless all that talk about having 2 good QB's

Sep 22, 2014, 10:43 PM

was either lip service, or they just didn't think of it.

clearly shows they're trying to hang on to their jobs long enough for Deshaun to figure it out for them and save their hides.

Definitely put Stoudt in there for the goal line situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2014, 10:36 PM

Frankly, this is just Morris trying to cover up his terrible play calling. Plain and simple -- Morris lost this game -- not the players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "under center" play is fundemental

Sep 22, 2014, 10:53 PM

Since days of yore the QB's have been taking the ball from the centers hiney ... its actually more reliable then the 5 yd snap from the center

Except the QB we had in the game

Sep 22, 2014, 10:54 PM

Probably hadn't taken a live under center snap since middle school.

YES IT IS! Call the Best Play You Have for the Situation

Sep 23, 2014, 8:02 AM [ in reply to The "under center" play is fundemental ]

Call the right play and a great player will respond. Even Payton Manning will run the ball to win the game!!! It's a game played with imperfect people, it sucks we seem to dumb down our whole offense when the game is on the line.

They are not being honest with Stoudt

Sep 22, 2014, 11:19 PM

Morris and Dabo have no intention of playing Stoudt again unless DW gets hurt. They just don't want Cliff to quit the team which would put the team in a huge bind not having a back up. This is why Stoudt is being kept from the media. I don't like this and it's not good for recruiting and really unfair to CS to string him along. He's not as talented as Watson so just be straight up with him. They should have told Stoudt to transfer somewhere last year and he could be starting for another team. They knew that watson would start most games this year all along and Stoudt gets screwed. This is the kind of thing Spurrier does in coot land...not at clemson.

Stoudt has started the 2 biggest games of the year

Sep 22, 2014, 11:22 PM

You act like a career back up can just transfer and start automatically. Heck, if he hasn't graduated he would have to sit out a year and then play. Ask Jacob Coker how much greener the grass is on the Alabama bench.

Re: Stoudt playing.

Sep 22, 2014, 11:54 PM

Stoudt would have been the starter and remain the starter if he transferred to VT in January. He will not get another chance to play at Clemson for any meaningful minutes unless Watson breaks an arm or leg. The boy should spend his time working on his Masters and a future job.

No guarantee of that happening

Sep 23, 2014, 12:06 AM

Also, you can't transfer inside your own conference, if I'm not mistaken. No way Clemson releases him to V.T.

Re: They are not being honest with Stoudt***

Sep 23, 2014, 12:24 AM [ in reply to They are not being honest with Stoudt ]

Re: They are not being honest with Stoudt

Sep 23, 2014, 12:30 AM [ in reply to They are not being honest with Stoudt ]

They had no way of knowing how good Watson would handle the adjustment from high school to college at the most high profile position on the field. Not many true freshman QBs can handle that. Heck, not too many RS freshman can either. I don't think they handled the situation wrong. They planned for the good (Cole playing well enough to win and bringing Watson along as the year progressed) and the better (Watson was exceptional)

Re: They....with Stoudt. based on TNET news they are

Sep 23, 2014, 12:50 AM

The bottom-line, you NEED two or more great QB's. If you remember DW was hurt in the spring. Crap happens from time to time, and you need someone to step in without missing a beat. Remember Cole had to step in for TB when he got rattled. ..Or maybe one is just having a mediocre game. Remember when Cole came in and tossed, what was it.. something like 25 of 27 attempts? That's pretty dang good. People were calling for him, after that. You just can't please everyone, as Rick Nelson used to sing.
Thank you for your post.
ALL IN FOR MY TIGERS!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was against SC State. Cole never came into a game

Sep 23, 2014, 8:00 AM

because Tajh got rattled. He came in once in 2011 when Tajh got hurt against BC at home, but we had like a 3 score lead already.

MO got to GO! Can't even beat the Coots and now he is bashin

Sep 23, 2014, 5:10 AM

the only person who can help us beat the Coots. Terrible call that cost us the FSU game

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack

Sep 23, 2014, 9:02 AM

smh

Yeah, but it did sail over his head.***

Sep 23, 2014, 7:52 AM

Well, I'm glad the coaches are

Sep 23, 2014, 8:28 AM

Finally with the rest of us on Watson starting. Duhhhh. If he started Saturday night , we win. If he started against Georgia, it would have been a closer game. How about the kicking game? Does he still have a scholarship this morning? He has talent, but chokes during the games. Hello?

Sep 23, 2014, 8:40 AM

That's a cop out, and everyone knows it. Look, I have no problem going from the shotgun in that situation. It's been very successful for us in the past, and hindsight is 20/20 of course.

With that, it's complete BS that he says he made that call b/c of Watson's deficiencies.

Would you not consider the first snap of overtime having the game on the line? I certainly would b/c a fumble there would essentially end it with their kicker. Guess who was under center on that play? Morris didn't seem to have trust issues then.

Why didn't Coach train Watson under center in the spring?***

Sep 23, 2014, 8:47 AM

Re: Why didn't Coach train Watson under center in the spring?***

Sep 23, 2014, 3:14 PM

Very good question.

I didn't read through all of these responses, so this may

Sep 23, 2014, 8:50 AM

have been brought up, but I'm 99% sure he took a snap under center earlier in the game. So if he didn't trust him under center, why do that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 23, 2014, 9:07 AM

Stoudt would have been best QB under center at that time, but because he sat the balance of game after Watson got it - would have been too predictable. Get creative with the play calling Morris. And watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ymriMhoj0&sns=em

Watson needs to practice under center

Sep 23, 2014, 9:45 AM

because the NFL won't touch him if he's purely a shotgun QB.

Re: Watson needs to practice under center

Sep 23, 2014, 10:04 AM

That should have been a priority in practice since he enrolled!! Aren't coaches supposed to coach?

Re: Watson needs to practice under center

Sep 23, 2014, 3:16 PM

Another good question.

Sep 23, 2014, 11:30 AM

Morris lost the game with bad calls and wants to blame the players.

Sep 23, 2014, 12:17 PM

OMG, get over it already. We've run short yardage from the gun before and no one complained.

We outplayed FSU.
We out-coached FSU.
We were the better team.
Unfortunately, crucial errors cost us the game. If we capitalize on any 1 of those errors, we win the game.
Did I mention we were double digit underdogs on the road vs the #1 team in the nation? Why are they #1, because they found a way to win...we didn't.

We'll be OK.

Sep 23, 2014, 4:02 PM

Then why not let Stoudt go under center at the 1 yard line. Problem solved.

Sep 23, 2014, 6:59 PM

Because Stoudt is too predictable. That's why. Never would have gained an inch.

Sep 23, 2014, 11:44 PM

Manup, reach deep within, look your quarterback in the eye and guarantee a yard. FOLLOW ME! Old School-Mash Mouth Football is required at some point in a game. COMING YOUR WAY AND MAY THE BEST MAN WIN. If one of our lineman, if not all of them can't reach down or within, and guarantee our qb a yard. Then we don't deserve to win, better long a National Championship. This must and has to be EARNED when the opportunity present itself again, each, and everytime. THIS A MUST TO REACH (NC) STATUS.

Sep 23, 2014, 4:02 PM

Then why not let Stoudt go under center at the 1 yard line. Problem solved.

Sep 23, 2014, 6:58 PM

How many think Watson would even be here if Chad Morris wasn't the OC? Just curious. Remember Proctor, Harper, Korn need I say more?

Some of the fans are borderline mentally challenged.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:18 PM

Just like the coaching staff.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris talks short-yardage, Watson starting and mindset of Stoudt ]

It would have totally telegraphed our play.

Sep 23, 2014, 7:43 PM

You have had DW on campus for 9 months and he either cannot take a snap from center or Coach doesn't trust him? Sounds pretty screwed up either way.

Sep 23, 2014, 9:09 PM

DW got here in January, went through Spring practice, the Spring game and summer workouts. Now I don't get big bucks to be a coach, but Morris said that we have a QB sneak in our offensive arsenal. So why having an all world QB coming in early---in January, wouldn't you be aware that he needs work at handling the ball under center? Wouldn't your work him like he$$ on that during Spring practice? Wouldn't you arrange for him to work with one of the centers over the summer, taking at least 100 snaps day? In fall camp, wouldn't you have him taking at least 50 snap under the center per day? I'm not a coach making over 1 Mil a year, but I have common sense. Why wasn't this done?? It obviously wasn't, and now we're paying the price. And, Dabo saying "That's just who we are makes no sense. How well has that worked out for us so far----against UGA and FSU? Aren't coaches supposed to coach, or are the just here to collect big salaries?

Replies: 102
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic