Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables pleased with effort as defense pitches a "shutout"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,804

New Story: Venables pleased with effort as defense pitches a "shutout"

Sep 7, 2014, 3:51 PM

Venables pleased with effort as defense pitches a "shutout"

Clemson's defense didn't allow any points in Saturday's win over South Carolina, and the Bulldogs failed to post a play in the red zone. What does Brent Venables say about the effort? How will the defense handle the challenge of Florida St.? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did not have a lot of confidence after that Jawga 4th Qtr

Sep 7, 2014, 4:16 PM

But after seeing Fla St struggle to keep the Citadel from moving the ball on them and the struggles they had with Okie St, I am feeling better. our boys will be wanting revenge, and I am hoping the they are " not impressed with us". Mistake free Ball is what we will need from our boys

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: I did not have a lot of confidence after that Jawga 4th Qtr

Sep 7, 2014, 5:23 PM

Our guys has to come out and show Crab legs that he owns no part of Clemson. And that we came to make/set the rules on his play ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 6:11 PM

Clem by 4..... count it!

Sep 7, 2014, 6:15 PM

The 4th quarter in Athens was a valuable lesson for this defense. They learned that they are the strength of this team and that they have to play the whole game hard . ...no more losses this season, and we will see what happens in the "playoffs"

You sir have very little knowledge of defense

Sep 7, 2014, 9:23 PM

It is very much depends on offense moving the sticks . Flipping the field, resting the d for just a second .. You go count the 3 and outs we had the second half ... 15 net yards sir... The Seahawks couldn't keep an offense with those backs at bay with the field position they were givin... Get back to me if you get the count on 3 and outs ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You sir have very little knowledge of defense

Sep 7, 2014, 10:31 PM

Agreed. No matter how great a defense is, you can't hang them out to dry by leaving them on the field, whole halves at the time. Especially not in that heat.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:33 AM

I agree that the offense has to keep the defense off the field. Georgia won and deserved to win but the defense has a lot of potential if they are not on the field for an entire half of football.

Sep 8, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: You sir have very little knowledge of defense ]

Exactly right.

Amen

Sep 8, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to You sir have very little knowledge of defense ]

and the last possession of each 1st half the last 2 weeks, makes me wonder if Dabo can game managed with a defensive mindset. At some point, defensive scheme is as much about limiting the touches that the offense gets. That includes clock management on offense.

Sep 8, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I did not have a lot of confidence after that Jawga 4th Qtr ]

If our OL folds again and throws the game on the back of our D, the result will likely be similar to that in Athens.

1 of best defensive performances ive ever seen***

Sep 7, 2014, 6:15 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,804
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic