Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy

Sep 6, 2014, 9:11 PM

Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney chided the media during his postgame press conference for not giving respect to starting quarterback Cole Stoudt, and said that Stoudt will continue to be the starter. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree!

Sep 6, 2014, 9:21 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I'm sorry I can't agree.

Sep 6, 2014, 10:35 PM

Watson is special and the players respond better to him that I have noticed. He's a better talent and he's better for this offense. Cole is stale and plays not to fck up. I'm on the Watson bandwagon 100% and I've seen MANY QBs come through this institution like you. You heard boos today when Watson wasn't out there. Folks, he needs to be playing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

not a matter of respect,matter of best chance to win***

Sep 6, 2014, 9:23 PM

Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy

Sep 6, 2014, 9:23 PM

I think it is pretty clear from listening to the interviews with both Dabo and Morris that Dabo is the one that is holding Watson back from taking the starting job already. I think Morris knows that his offense requires a true dual-threat QB like Watson to operate at peak efficiency and that Stoudt - as good as he is in his own right - is simply not as good as Watson for this offense.

I think both coaches know that Watson is a more talented player, but Dabo just isn't ready to hand over the reigns to a guy who didn't "earn" it yet while Morris is trying to respect the authority of the head coach and protect his offense based on the limitations Stoudt has as a player in a spread offense.

I think there are going to be some closed door discussions between the two after watching this game film and taking a closer look at the play of both guys. I'm sure in live action it looked like Stoudt did nothing to lose the job, but Watson did everything to deserve to play more. I say Stoudt continues to get the nod against FSU, but expect a quicker trigger and prolonged action from Watson if Stoudt struggles early. I just hope it doesn't cost us a chance at a W.

agree 100 %.***

Sep 7, 2014, 5:19 AM

Sep 7, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy ]

Well stated.

Dabo please leave your emotions out of it...

Sep 6, 2014, 9:28 PM

You're snapping at reporters for asking legitimate questions about our QBs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo please leave your emotions out of it...

Sep 6, 2014, 9:31 PM

He went about 10% Mike Gundy for a second.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:32 PM

after he read all these posts on Tnet, now he is feeling a little heat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Dabo could care less what posters think on an

Sep 7, 2014, 7:26 PM

internet website.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Dabo please leave your emotions out of it... ]

He doesn't like to be questioned. He should be used to it.

Sep 6, 2014, 9:36 PM

Tell'em Coot!!

Go Tigers!!!

Deer Dabo ..

Sep 6, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Dabo please leave your emotions out of it... ]

You never ever ever allow the press to choose your QB. Especially the fans and the idiots on Tigernet.

Stop feeding into the madness...

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Oh no!

Sep 7, 2014, 8:11 AM

a voice of reason!

Sep 7, 2014, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Dabo please leave your emotions out of it... ]

Dabo is simply taking up for his QB. Which is what a good coach does. Great job Dabo, I remember when all the fans wanted to see 5 star Korn. He has brought this program a long way from a coach who put in Korn to try and save a job. That coach even new Korn was the wrong man for the job! Go Tigers!

Why not back off!

Sep 6, 2014, 9:43 PM

Why don't all you guys BACK-OFF and let the guys play it out. There are positives and negatives in both to work out. It is a shame that so many fans are showing their butts by disrespecting Cole on the field--It shows a lack of class in the fans.

Hey Rookie!

Sep 7, 2014, 8:17 AM

This is no place to interject reason!

Please allow the masses to enjoy their drunkenness in their ignorance...

Thank you!

Re: Hey Rookie!

Sep 7, 2014, 10:26 AM

Toooo funny!!! #OrangeNation

Re: Why not back off!

Sep 7, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Why not back off! ]

Good point! #OrangeNation

Re: Why not back off!

Sep 7, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Why not back off! ]

On the money! Why would any head coach not start the QB that he feels is best for his team? COMMON SENSE!

sorry dabo,,,

Sep 6, 2014, 9:58 PM

but you disrespected Watson by saying.."as soon as we make that switch and Deshaun has a bad game". "he has played well , outside of one series (at Georgia"

why not mention that Stoudt had some bad series, too???

That didn't sit well with me either...***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:03 PM

Re: That didn't sit well with me either...***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:13 PM

Well let's see. Hmm, Cole Stout has four years up on Deshaun. He is still behind the power curve. Stoudt almost had 4 picks today, 4, and that's against SCSU. If we go down to Tallahassee and he does that. FSU will pick him and score. That's a fact. Stoudt is a pocket passer, limited runner, slow on the release, and not very accurate on the deep ball. Dabo gets on live TV and Stoudt this and that. Fact of the matter is, IMO if Stoudt plays down in Tallahassee we will loose. That FSU secondary will eat him alive with his sporadic throws and slow feet.

Boo Hoo!***

Sep 7, 2014, 7:29 PM [ in reply to That didn't sit well with me either...*** ]

Re: sorry dabo,,,

Sep 6, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to sorry dabo,,, ]

Don't be a shallow minded idiot, dude. Dabo, Chad & everyone else has been very respectful to Deshaun AND Cole. The reason Deshaun is playing as a true Freshman is because they have respect and faith in him. The coaches know much better than any fool on Tnet who second guesses any move the coaches make. Chill and let them continue the process. Be Glad we have Two capable QBs and quit all the bitching and moaning!

dude...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:13 PM

I am a shallow minded idiot because I have my own thoughts?

And who gave you the right to tell me to quit bitching and moaning. Last time I checked, your name is not on my birth certificate.

If they have so much faith and respect in Watson, why does he not play more? The coaches have created this controversy all by themselves and are now mad at the fans and media for questioning them. Best thing dabo could do is keep his mouth shut. He is making it worse

BTW, I am a dudette

Boss!***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:17 PM

Re: dude...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to dude... ]

If you are a "dudette" then that explains all of your comments..thanks for clearing that up!

lol...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:52 PM

is that the best you have? SMH

Or do you mean that some dudettes know more than some dudes about sports? I thought that was what you were saying. Thanks for clearing that up.

Re: dude...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: dude... ]

How sexist can a person be? Wow! Join us in the 21st century! Lol! Why must there always be personal attacks?! State your mind, & list some facts! Berating someone over the internet is just plain.....childish! We are all Tigers here!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahhh...don't worry about it...

Sep 6, 2014, 10:59 PM

he is just upset that he had to make his wife a sammich at halftime of the coot game

Re: ahhh...don't worry about it...

Sep 6, 2014, 11:05 PM

It's the ignorant, angry posts that keep me from being more active! It's quite sad actually! I thought your point was valid! Mmmm...sammich! Lol!

Re: ahhh...don't worry about it...

Sep 8, 2014, 9:01 AM

Both of you sound like little children

its very simple and Dabo can't say it

Sep 7, 2014, 6:58 AM [ in reply to dude... ]

Out of respect for DeShaun. He simply doesn't have much of the playbook down yet which severely limits Chad's play calling. UGA figured it out in the second half.

When Watson gets enough of the playbook down, he will be the starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: its very simple and Dabo can't say it

Sep 7, 2014, 10:24 AM

Are you stupid? You seem stupid.
None of what Dabo has said has been out of respect for Deshaun, in fact some of what he's said has been pretty disrespectful. Like the comment about having a "bad drive" against Uga...because he had ONE three and out, which cole had like TEN of consecutively (at least) and also the "what about when deshaun has a bad game what will people want then?" Deshaun has done nothing to prove that he doesn't deserve to start, and the way I see it he's no more likely to have a bad game than cole. Cole already had a bad game, now give the the freshman that you burned his redshirt opportunity already his chance.

As for the play book comment. Did you freaking see our play book with cole as the QB? We had two plays. Pass to the line of scrimmage, and DJ howard run. Deshaun had more variety in the plays in just the short amount of time he was on the field that game

Sep 6, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

We have two QBs. One who only threw only one pass caught beyond the 1st down marker in the whole UGA game (and he needs to write a thank you card to A. Scott for coming back to the ball and catching it around a defender) the other threw more passes caught beyond the first down marker in one drive in that game.

Sep 6, 2014, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

Dabo it's either blind loyalty to a senior or you are as blind as Ray Charles. No disrespect to Stoudt intended,but it is so obvious that Watson has more talent and can run this offense . He is our best hope at qb to beat FSU. If we get routed by FSU with Stoudt at qb and no Watson,the loss is on your stubborn head Dabo.

Sep 6, 2014, 11:55 PM

lol...I just got new glasses 2 months ago, so it ain't me

Sep 7, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

Well put. Dabo doesn't tolerate having his opinions being questioned very well, and I question his ability to really evaluate talent. But with a victory over mighty SCSU, he's king of the hill----until weekend after next.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:03 AM

Oh look slum pup disagrees with Dabo !! Go away coot

Sep 7, 2014, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

lol any fool on tnet or any analyst or NFL hall of fame qb's or CAM NEWTON........any these guys...have no credibility at all either! bahahhaha this is laughable...DABO is waiting for FSU to make Cole Lose or win the Job and for Watson to save or lose the day. Just my perspective.

Sep 7, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

That is right on. Can you imagine Tigernet if Kelly was still on the team? And if Watson becomes the starter, as soon as he throws his first pick, these so-called experts will be screaming why are you playing a freshman.
It amazes me that we have so many fans who know more than the coaches, but none of them have a high-paying job coaching football. Do these guys actually think our coaches don't want to win?

BOOM!!!

Sep 7, 2014, 8:59 AM

What a great dilemma. I personally think Cole is a good quarterback that could start at 95% of D1 schools. I think Watson is electrifying! Perhaps Watson only has a portion of the playbook down. Imagine if he is in for 3-5 strait series and the opposing D-coordinator has memorized Watson's song sheet. So, if Cole is the game manager and Watson comes in to spice it up, well, good luck opponents. It is embarrassing that fans are acting like spoiled brats at games. BTW, I know it was SC State, but how about that dang DEFENSE?!

Sep 7, 2014, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: sorry dabo,,, ]

Well!! I wouldn't have put it in those words...but you point is certainly valid! Take care. #OrangeNation

Watson hasn't played bad yet, Stoudt has***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:51 PM [ in reply to sorry dabo,,, ]

Sep 7, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to sorry dabo,,, ]

When Watson had that bad "series" At U GA, I seem to remember that our OL had collapsed by then, and he had no blocking whatever.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:06 AM

And neither did Cole or did you not see that?

Sep 6, 2014, 10:24 PM

Dabo tends to talk too much.

Sep 7, 2014, 5:21 PM

If Watson is playing better than Stoudt the limited amount of time he is playing, then maybe he should be our starter. This is why we don't win. Dabo is not a good manager. He is too worried about giving senior playing time even when they are not playing good. It was the same thing last year. There were times when Boyd should've been benched, but wasn't and we lost as a result. I know Stoudt has waited for his time, but if he isn't producing yards or making bad decisions, then bench him. Overall, he is a good QB, but DeShaun seems like he is proving that he is even better. He runs the ball more effectively and is making the throws.

Sep 8, 2014, 9:07 AM

This is why we don't win? LMAO Dabo has won a few

Capon

As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post)

Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM

Cole Stoudt will be the starter against FSU for two very good reasons: 1) As the vet he knows the playbook inside & out incl. some trick plays saved for FSU. We will need them as heavy underdogs, and 2) just as importantly, for the coaches, fans & players, Cole Stoudt is the designated sacrificial lamb if things go south against FSU as they did last year. He is expendable as a senior, he is a team player, and he knows it.

To expound further, if we are not competitive against FSU, instead of our fans kicking around Dabo and Chad for a week, our coaches will name Mr. Watson the starter against UNC on Sun or Mon following FSU. Bows & arrows will be returned to quivers, recriminations will be put on hold, there will be renewed anticipation and hope in Tiger Town. There will rebirth with the collective goal of winning out in the ACC and smacking down the Chickens.

Yes ... Cole is in some tough shoes, but IMHO this is the unwritten deal. And from Dabo and Chad's perspective, it is justifiable and strategically makes a lot of sense. I am ready to pull hard for both Deshaun and Cole for this season and for Deshaun for two more great seasons. Here's hoping our Tigers find a way to throw a monkey wrench in FSU's dominance on 9/20. Lots of season and strategery ahead. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post)

Sep 6, 2014, 10:32 PM

Y would you throw away a game that defines your season. The defensive players that came back deserve better than that. If we beat FSU we are in the drivers seat for one of the 4 spots in the CFB season.

He's not saying we will try lose. He is saying that IF we

Sep 6, 2014, 10:39 PM

lose, it is better that Cole started the game, so that they can then justify starting Watson the rest of the year. Makes sense to me.

That's just wrong.

Sep 6, 2014, 10:36 PM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

Plain out and out insult by defamation. Dabo would never change QB's to take the heat off himself.

Personally, I think Dabo is holding back playing DW more to give FSU more to worry about. If FSU hasn't master defending the option-read we'll all get a gut full of DW. If they are successful handling DW then we'll see more Cole.

Right now I'd say DW has 80% of the playbook hidden from the general public. We've seen the rest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's just wrong.

Sep 7, 2014, 1:38 PM

DW has been here since January, went through Spring training, the Spring game, through Fall camp, and played this system in HS. I'd guess he has the the play book down by now. I like and respect Cole Stoudt, but DW is by far the superior, more gifted athlete.

Sep 6, 2014, 10:52 PM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

Hope for what? All goals worth achieving will be off the table! The ACC title hopes are gone! The at large Big Bowl hopes are gone because Louisville will claim that spot this year! The coaches job is to put the best 11 on the field. They are refusing to put one of the most gifted athletes I have seen since Scam Newton! Cole has poor footwork, poor recognition, slow slow slow release, and terrible accuracy anything over 8 yards. Those passes Cole telegraphed, and under threw will be pick 6's vs FSU. Dabo has always been loyal to seniors to a fault! I have Coots telling me they can't believe Watson isn't starting! I bet the old ######## would start Watson! Once again I'm left saying "just wait 'til next year" for the 33rd year in a row! I am honestly as frustrated at Dabo as I was at Hatfield for taking a NC climber team & going 10-2! Or, memories of Tommy West. -shivers- -shakes- Oh, it's going to be another embarrassing outing! I hope and pray I am wrong! Maybe Dabo is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes?! :/

Good grief....

Sep 7, 2014, 7:47 AM

One of the most talented players since Cam Newton? All in a couple of series and plays? I am saving this one for WHEN Deshaun Watson has a bad game (as everyone does) and the same posters start calling for Dabo's head for "what idiot coach plays a true freshman" statements.

Message was edited by: Tiger8693®

Re: Good grief....

Sep 7, 2014, 7:55 AM

just think if Kelly was still on the team...

Sep 7, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

I'm afraid you are right.

Sep 7, 2014, 1:02 AM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

1. I highly doubt there are any "trick" plays we are holding on to for FSU. Morris may change up some formations and motion but the plays are the plays. If he had some sure win

Sep 7, 2014, 1:09 AM

Plays I think we would have seen them at GA.

2. Nothing I have seen says that stoudt knows the play book inside and out. Neither the play calling or the execution of plays when cole is running things would suggest that. Look at the difference in the play calling and execution between when cole is in and when Watson comes in.

3. No one cares how long cole has been on the team in relation to any playing time he has "earned". The Best QB needs to be playing and that's the fact about it. It is becoming ore clear with each time he touches the ball that Watson is better than cole and if dabo cannot get his seniority blinders off and recognize that then he is doing the fans and more importantly the team a huge injustice and failing them as a coach.

To add to your ######

Sep 7, 2014, 8:43 AM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

we start to stink it up a bit in Tallahassee, Sean comes in, saves the day late, or pulls us close at the end, and comes in to UNC game as the starter.

Re: To add to your ######

Sep 8, 2014, 9:10 AM

who is sean

Sep 7, 2014, 9:12 AM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

Well, that is a fine stategy. If you are a civil service executive staff. But my friend, this is football, and perception isn't crap, Check marks in the "W" column is everything. Heck, your star player can be an alleged rapist and crab leg thief, but if he is winning, well, yippe-i-o-kia.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to As per ###### ... it's on Cole (Ref: earlier post) ]

Excellent post!!! #OrangeNation

Sep 7, 2014, 12:31 AM

Just being honest here.....Cole threw 3 balls that should have been picked into triple coverage....his es-capability is non-existent, CS is not reading the Defense and is only looking to Williams or the long ball to save the day...2 balls he should have just thrown away and another he almost threw a pick when is safety valve was wide open right in front of him......On the other hand Watson come in Cold and is on fire.......goes perfect nearly every drive he is in and can add the duel threat factor....To me it's a not a difficult situation.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:34 AM

Wow. #OrangeNation

The truth is in the stats alone and you can't argue numbers

Sep 7, 2014, 12:50 AM

And they include the georgia game.Cole stoudt is 38-60 with 1 touchdown 1 pick and a 126.9 qb rating. Deshaun watso on the other hand is 10-13 with 4 touchdowns 0 interceptions and has a 316.6 qb rating. How is this even an argument? It's painfully obvious he's better and it's painfully obvious people are getting their emotions caught up in this. Deshaun watson has out shined cole stoud in every aspect and he's played like 1/3 the time. Stats don't lie.

Yep stats never lie. Rob Spence was awesome.

Sep 7, 2014, 12:57 AM

I think Deshaun Watson is a better QB too... but stats can lie.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth is in the stats alone and you can't argue numbers

Sep 7, 2014, 10:39 AM [ in reply to The truth is in the stats alone and you can't argue numbers ]

On yesterday, I read that it seemed like the coaches were running easier plays for the freshman QB.Even with that, the kid is not incoherent and he's not afraid to run. Finally, in case no one has been looking, Deshaun is a lot quicker...and faster. Cole is not a bad quarterback, but he doesn't seem to be go as Deshaun (obviously). However, I'm sure the coaches will do what's best for the team. Take care.

RESPECT STOUDT, START WATSON.***

Sep 7, 2014, 12:54 AM

Sep 7, 2014, 1:24 AM

What BS as this is going to cause, is very, very, very, limited play of Watson if this continues. Dabo has shown a stubbornness about himself in the pass. And if some fans keep showing their ignorance through disrespecting one of Clemson's players, he will stop it by just playing one QB, and that one QB will be Cole. If we were losing games solely because of Cole's performance, then our coaches should turn to Watson to help us out, but we're not. What an embarrassment for the fan base as a whole if this was truly happening today. Cole has paid his dues, and disrespecting him at this stage in his playing time is totally uncalled for. Shame on the ones that has participated in such a frivolous uncouth representation of the Clemson fan base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 8:40 AM

I'll gonna get kicked off for saying this but whatever, in all the Clemson games I've watch I've never seen the camera on any players family more than the Stoudt family. Now think of all the stars we've had over the years...Dabo is in bed with the Stoudt family. I don't know if it's a Booster thing or just because his daddy was in the NFL but I don't like the statements I'm hearing out of Dabo. We always hear about "competition" well I guess DW is going to make one hell of a NFL quarterback out if Stoudt. Feel free to destroy me, I don't care lol.

Yes, because Dabo tells them who to...

Sep 7, 2014, 8:44 AM

show on camera.

What a ####### joke.

Re: Yes, because Dabo tells them who to...

Sep 7, 2014, 8:50 AM

Lol!

Please say you aren't stupid enough to actually believe

Sep 7, 2014, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Yes, because Dabo tells them who to... ]

that!

Sep 7, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy ]

Did you watch any games the past couple of years? Had the camera on Momma Boyd and Tajh's brother a lot.

Sep 7, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy ]

You make some good points.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Stoudt deserves respect, no quarterback controversy ]

Great comment! #OrangeNation

Sep 7, 2014, 1:51 PM

Can you not respect someone and still objectively recognize that they have significant limitations as a player?

Sep 7, 2014, 10:03 AM

Dabo IS exactly right. He is the coach. I read one time where a coach said if you listen to the fans to make coaching decisions, you will be sitting in the stands with them. The most popular player is the backup QB. Most of the comments are from folks who never played sports on the college level. With that said, Watson is a superb talent and will be the starting QB by mid season.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:47 AM

Great comment! #OrangeNation

The FSU game

Sep 7, 2014, 11:05 AM

will tell us a lot. Both guys will play and both will be with the same OL playing against a top defense. Let's see what happens. Hopefully, BOTH will b e great!

Half the teams in college football would like to be in our position as far as QB's go. I bet our old buddy Urban wishes he had this problem. With Miller gone, they are very ordinary.

Yes he may, but......

Sep 7, 2014, 1:27 PM

Yes Cole may reserve respect but at this time his not the better QB. It's just a fact. We've went through something similar like this before with the 2 before Tajh. They both had good Jr. year but a poor Sr. year. The last time it was Tajh who was sitting on the bench. I was Cole fan but now realize that he's better as number 2 than a starting QB. So, we will fight this all year because it's Dabo is going to be hard headed again. Number 1 rule of football, put your best athlete at QB spot. Watson could possibly be the best QB that Clemson has ever seen. I believe he will be.

Re: Yes he may, but......

Sep 7, 2014, 6:01 PM

Typing the on the phone. I meant "deserve".

If Watson's hot hand/dual threat keeps #1 FSU on their toes

Sep 7, 2014, 1:28 PM

and gives us a better chance to win, then he obviously needs to play. He seems to be more confident in the long ball. It's really not that complicated.

Sep 7, 2014, 7:18 PM

It seems the fans most popular player on probably 90% of the football teams in America - pro, college, or HS - is the backup QB!

The offense seems to have better chemistry with Watson...

Sep 7, 2014, 9:20 PM

The crowd gets into it more and the players play harder. Even the play calling seems to be better with Watson in the game.

I respect the coaches, but the offense functions better with Watson at QB. I saw it with my own eyes last Saturday. It was obvious.

Deshaun just looks more fluid.....

Sep 8, 2014, 8:34 AM

When he is out there. I did see some bad passes from Deshaun but I saw four passes from Cole that would have been picked if we're playing any other team, and that was just in the first half. Best chance to win is with the freshman.

Sep 8, 2014, 12:21 PM

Very well said cutiger250. Could not agree more

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic