Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wayne Gallman: "When I have my opportunity, I am going to take it"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Wayne Gallman: "When I have my opportunity, I am going to take it"

Sep 2, 2014, 7:01 AM

Wayne Gallman: "When I have my opportunity, I am going to take it"

Freshman running back Wayne Gallman didn't shy away from the hard questions Monday, and he told the media that when he finally gets his chance to be a major cog in Clemson's offense, he is going to run with it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Wayne Gallman: "When I have my opportunity, I am going to take it"

Sep 2, 2014, 7:38 AM

Hopefully Gallman and all the other young talent that wants to prove to the coaches that they can contribute to the team, will be given more opportunities in the upcoming games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't sound like his confidence is shakey

Sep 2, 2014, 7:41 AM

Chad. You've been saying he is a violent runner since he's been here. We needed that against Georgia. Give him the #### ball.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: He doesn't sound like his confidence is shakey

Sep 2, 2014, 9:25 PM

He would have had no blocking.

I'm guessing that you are glass half empty kinda guy

Sep 3, 2014, 12:36 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look, if the Seniors are stinking up the field .....

Sep 2, 2014, 7:42 AM

Might as well let the "little ones" play. Heck, after those dropped passes in the beginning of the game, I think they should have put Daniel Rodriguez in. The guy has had rockets and mortars and AK-47's fired at him, he would NOT have been intimidated by a bunch of Georgia "student-athletes"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down

Sep 2, 2014, 7:53 AM

That's the only reason he wasn't playing much Saturday. I think we'll see heavy doses of him Saturday, so they can see where he is pass protection wise

Then dumb down the ####### offense.***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 AM

Then dumb down the ####### offense.***

Re: Then dumb down the ####### offense.***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:07 AM

Could they have dumb down the ####### offense anymore than they did the entire 2nd half. I really don't think so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then dumb down the ####### offense.***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

DJ Howard didn't look that great in pass blocking, he missed a ton of blocks. Surely Gallman cannot be any worse than Howard blocking, the same maybe, but not worse.

Re: They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down

Sep 2, 2014, 8:10 AM [ in reply to They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down ]

It did not look like anyone on offense had pass protection down the second half

Re: They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down

Sep 2, 2014, 8:22 AM [ in reply to They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down ]

I didn't see any RBs staying in to help with pass protection late in the game, which of course was the play calling and a main part of the problem.

could have been the case..

Sep 2, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down ]

but I think it is more that Morris?Swinney are afraid to play younger guys when there is a comparable veteran available.

You put the best talent on the field and go with it.

Re: could have been the case..

Sep 2, 2014, 1:50 PM

I wouldn't call some of the veterans comparable

He couldn't have done any worse that what we saw in the 2nd

Sep 2, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down ]

half. He also said he didn't miss any assignments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has 2 weeks and a cupcake game to learn it.***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:24 AM [ in reply to They aren't sure that he's got all the pass protection down ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Look, if the Seniors are stinking up the field .....

Sep 2, 2014, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Look, if the Seniors are stinking up the field ..... ]

And he wouldn't have been shaken by the noise their fans were making. He has been surrounded by louder and more deadlier noises than a bunch of butt licking dogs fans can make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Wayne Gallman: "When I have my opportunity, I am going to take it"

Sep 2, 2014, 7:58 AM

I didn't see much from Howard. He runs between the tackles with his head down. He also missed several blocking assignments. Play gallman.

What's The Problem???? ----

Sep 2, 2014, 8:32 AM

If these young Tigers
know at least 15 good plays
really well then let them
show it. What was the point
of them coming in January if
nobody knows what to do with
15 or more plays that they are
supposed to know by now? Who is
at fault for that?

Put the man in.

Sep 2, 2014, 10:09 AM

Running back is not rocket science. It's also not rocket science to know that we have no running game with Howard in the game.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It says a lot to recruits also when UGA used 7 true freshman

Sep 2, 2014, 10:21 AM

and we do not trust ours to do anything. Who was the last true freshman to come in and get early and often playing time since Sammy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaq Lawson, Korrin Wiggins, Kearse last year on D

Sep 2, 2014, 10:23 AM

Venables doesn't seem to mind playing true freshmen. He seems to trust them well enough

Re: It says a lot to recruits also when UGA used 7 true freshman

Sep 2, 2014, 10:25 AM [ in reply to It says a lot to recruits also when UGA used 7 true freshman ]

The only thing with Sammy was he was coming in after a few years when recruiting had been down and we really did not have any depth at WR. If Sammy came in right now who knows if he would see the same type of playing time as a freshmen as he did due to the increased depth of skilled WR's. Watson is the next Sammy and will see plenty of PT this year even splitting time with Cole.

Sammy would be in the 2-deep rotation and probably...

Sep 2, 2014, 11:17 AM

...would still start game 1 on this team. name any WR on the team right now that starts ahead of Sammy as a true freshman. Not Peake(coming off injury), not Humph(lacks Sammy's separation), not Hopper(inconsistent and unfocused), not Williams(flashes brilliance but not as consistent as Sammy), not Scott or Kitt or Priester(none of them start).
We have depth and talent, but that talent is largely unproven at WR. Sammy would still be the #1 WR even if he were a true freshman today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sammy would be in the 2-deep rotation and probably...

Sep 2, 2014, 11:50 AM

Talent wise I completely agree with you that even as a True Freshman Sammy would still be more talented than any WR we currently have on the team. The only reason I could see Sammy not "starting" if he came in today is due to the way Dabo plays seniority first and he would be in the same boat as Scott, Kitt, and Priester.

For the record my comment was not any way a knock on Sammy, he is IMO the best WR to play at Clemson and is my favorite Tiger of all time, but passed on the way seniority plays a role in our current depth chart.

Re: Sammy would be in the 2-deep rotation and probably...

Sep 2, 2014, 4:44 PM

the only reason why i disagree is because the coaches would have no choice but to play Sammy significantly or start him because he is still minimally a head above our current receivers, whereas before, Sammy was head AND shoulders above everyone else except Nuk. i didn't read it as a knock on Sammy, but maybe just a bit too much credit to current receivers given where they stand as of today.

I hope he does, he certainly should get lots of carries this

Sep 2, 2014, 11:10 AM

week

Key statement made here by this young man:

Sep 2, 2014, 11:48 AM

"No missed assignments". What I would give to be a fly on the film room wall and see all these "31" missed assignments we've heard about. Who they were, how they happened, and were they really just that, or was it truly a speed/talent differential.

Sep 2, 2014, 11:57 AM

Let Gallman play. He ran hard the one running play he had. He got 5 yards running into the teeth of the defense. The other backs looked like Bala Rina's dancing back there.

SO GIVE HIM HIS OPPORTUNITY

Sep 2, 2014, 12:02 PM

DJ Howard sucks.

At some point they must give these guys a chance

Sep 2, 2014, 12:08 PM

when you have young players that are confident in themselves and are saying let me show you what I can do, as a coach at some point you have to show you trust your players and give them a shot.

Look at what UGA's freshman RBs did

Sep 2, 2014, 12:12 PM

Chubb and Michel both looked great against us.

Look at what Gurley and Marshall did as freshmen 2 years ago, and Isaiah Crowell the year before that.

At Clemson look at the impact CJ Spiller and James Davis had as true freshmen at RB. Playing them didn't hurt our team our their confidence.

Re: Look at what UGA's freshman RBs did

Sep 2, 2014, 2:02 PM

It's easy to say that now...but if you remember...the weren't even touching Gurley when he ran...we laid a few licks on Sony and Chubb...then they got tired

I mentioned that the Defense was tired when i saw Jarrett having trouble catching his breath in the 3rd qtr. I noticed most of the team was panting the same way. I think that was when the UGA OL realized we were tired and relayed the info and they basically just ran the ball from then on out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course Gurley was better than Chubb and Michel

Sep 2, 2014, 2:05 PM

My point is that they were ALL better than DJ Howard while our highly-touted freshmen got 1 carry (Gallman) and zero carries (Choice) between them.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic