Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting"

Aug 31, 2014, 9:01 AM

Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting"

Georgia ran the ball at will in the fourth quarter of Saturday's 45-21 win over Clemson, and defensive coordinator said the thought of a team having that kind of success against his defense was "disgusting." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got tired... Simple. No help.***

Aug 31, 2014, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They got tired... Simple. No help.***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:23 AM

absolutely! with ZERO help from the OFF the Def did all they could but????????????????the O/L continues to be PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 1:48 PM

Ol is indeed "pitiful,' something some of us have been expressing for some time.

Go tell Morris his 15 yds of offense is disgusting

Aug 31, 2014, 10:31 AM [ in reply to They got tired... Simple. No help.*** ]

Not to mention 3 and out .. Over and over .. Put the blame where it goes ...tha station runs outta gas when it's the only 1 in town ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

(15 yds second half) meant to ad***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what some of you think Chad Morris was supposed to do

Aug 31, 2014, 10:51 AM

In that second half, they were continually backed up, with momentum swinging hard and heavy. You don't wanna risk a pick 6 there for sure, but with our OL blocking the way it was, I am not sure anything they called would've worked. Cole didn't have time to make the quick passes off of 3 step drops, no way would he have had time for anything to develop vertically. To me, this whole thing starts and ends up front on the OL. It was as p$@& poor an effort as I've seen in a long time. You're def not gonna be able to run it under those circumstances. Sure the play calling got conservative there in the second half, with the blocking up front, I'm not sure anything would have worked

What he DID do wasn't working. Why keep at it?

Aug 31, 2014, 12:24 PM

Like you say he was talking about field position and being conservative. Well, it you are going to run it and your offense is already frustrated from so many 3 and outs, try something else! How about if you want to stay conservative and run, try something besides pause, and then up the middle? Or try Gallman or Choice a few times. Why not toss it out to McCloud on the edge more than once?

It was the repetition of plays and Pruitt's stacking the box as a result that killed any chances.

Re: What he DID do wasn't working. Why keep at it?

Aug 31, 2014, 1:51 PM

With no OL, nothing he could have tried would have worked.

Re: I'm not sure what some of you think Chad Morris was supposed to do

Aug 31, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure what some of you think Chad Morris was supposed to do ]

So what I'm hearing you say is this, UGA was that much better than our guys. B/c if that is what the real deal is, going into FSU with any hopes of keeping respectful is totally out of the question. But personally I just don't believe UGA was that much better. They were only in one position that I saw, and that is at RB. Everything we done would have worked if we were better at RB, and we must get a lot better at RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 1:53 PM

Whaaaat?? Their offensive line was lights out superior to ours. At another level.

Sep 1, 2014, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure what some of you think Chad Morris was supposed to do ]

Seems that 45-21 proves Ga a lot better than us. Dogs looked like a top 3 team while we looked like #26 or #28 team.

The offensive play calling in 2nd half was among the worst I've seen. Chad Morris should take the blame for this one.

Re: They got tired... Simple. No help.***Practice

Aug 31, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to They got tired... Simple. No help.*** ]

Could all of the indoor practices have had an effect on them running out of gas in the 4th quarter? It was plain to see the tank was empty.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:54 PM

No. Our pathetic OL put the entire game on the D's shoulders against a truly elite offense.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: They got tired... Simple. No help.***Practice ]

Seriously.

We now will question whether indoor vs outdoor practicing. Or live vs thud tackling in practice? Or finesse vs tough players/schemes?

The game was lost for multiple reasons but mostly it was due to poor gap coverage and being outblocked by a line and outplayed by a great running back corps.

Toughen up Tigers. Get better quick.

Aug 31, 2014, 3:55 PM

@sadmba If you'll check my post I wasn't suggesting that's what lost the game. I was questioning if practicing indoors could have contributed to them looking like they were tiring towards the end of a hot, humid game.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to They got tired... Simple. No help.*** ]

Ol line was what is is---mediocre. Broke down completely in the second half. I felt bad for or QB's and RB's---no blocking. OL couldn't pass protect or pick up blitzes. As a result, the offense was pathetic in the second half. Two major players on the OL playing at least 30 lbs. under their effective playing weights. This threw everything on our defense---game over. UGA did what I predicted and ran right at a vastly underweight Vic Beasley, and essentially took him out of the game. I doubt he'll gain the 30 pounds he needs by the Fla. State game, and we won't magically create an OL in two weeks. That game in Tally will be ugly.

Precisely. All facets have to work together.***

Sep 1, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to They got tired... Simple. No help.*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting"

Aug 31, 2014, 9:18 AM

Hard to defend when our D guys are exhausted driven by conservative play calls by Morris which led to continual 3 and outs.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:19 AM

As bad as our D was, it wasn't their fault. One second half first down.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 9:18 AM

True, but lack of offense lost this one. No playmakers on offense.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:51 AM

Everyone that posted their prediction of the outcome of the game, including myself , were wrong. There was to much hype that the defense was one of the best in the NCAA. I have very strong belief in the defense that they are top shelf. The offense, on the other hand, is very lacking. I don't know if the suspensions hurt us, but it is very evident that the play calling was very conservative to say the least. Dabo decision to leave a very flat Cole Stout in the game was not a good call. Multiple 3 and outs dictates time to try something different. Watson should have been inserted in the game to at.least try to get things going again. Adam Choice and the tight ends should have been " deployed " to see if that would change the scope of the game. But as we all sit here and micro analize last night on this forum, it is plain and simple, we got our butts kicked by the Dawgs. It all falls on the decisions that the Coaching Staff made and we can' t do a doggone ( pardon the pun ) about it. Hope fully, they will make the necessary adjustments and move on with the rest of the season one game at a time. Nothing can be said or done to change what happened last night. GO TIGERS !

Aug 31, 2014, 11:52 AM

In regards to morris coming out and saying stoudt is still our guy and I am confident in him going forward? That is a crock of shi* because if he had some much confidence in him then why all the conservative play calling in the third quarter? The game was not over then... Georgia did not blow us out in the third quarter it was the fourth quarter when all the damage was done why? Because we never moved the ball and kept going 3 and out in the third quarter when it was 24-21 and the defense melted with not being able to rest. The blame should not be on the defense it should be pointed squarely at morris and his lack of a game plan. Watson should have been allowed to play more in the second half when it was obvious stoudt was lost. Morris showed zero confidence in stoudt and the reason why watson should be given the reigns from this point on. Winston was given that opportunity last year with florida state and I think that turned out to be a pretty smart move on their part.

Aug 31, 2014, 12:04 PM

how do you get -1 points?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 2:00 PM

You've got to have our OL to accomplish that.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting" ]

Winston was a RED SHIRT freshman, and not a true freshman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 2:44 PM

Well Winston did sit a year, but it was behind a STARTER in EJ Manuel. Stoudt was Boyd's BACKUP for the same amount of time as EJ started at FSU. If you think for one second that Winston would sit one day behind Cole or the like as a true freshman, then you have no understanding of the game and what it takes to win at this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 10:53 AM

Why is it that I wouldn't have an understanding of the game if I don't agree with your opinion. Opinions are like ########, and everybody has one. Then there is those that believe theirs is the perfect one.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables: Clemson's fourth quarter was "disgusting" ]

No "adjustment" can magically replace a pathetic OL. Dream on

Aug 31, 2014, 12:28 PM

I'm so glad one of our coaches get it. Kind of hard to ask Jenkins to bring down Chubb and Tabkersly to bring down Gurley on the edges of our defense. It wasn't all on the defense but they certainly could have played better at points. I think we really missed Corey Crawford. I thought he was our best run defending DE.

Aug 31, 2014, 12:43 PM

Our offence really made our defense really look bad. Terrible offense schemes. Why did they wait till late when we was getting handled to put the young man back in. They should have played more and earlier. At least we would have had another aspect of a run game.

You'd think our D had never seen the toss sweep before.***

Aug 31, 2014, 4:48 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic