Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gurley, 'Dawgs manhandle Tigers in second half whipping
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Gurley, 'Dawgs manhandle Tigers in second half whipping

Aug 30, 2014, 9:23 PM

Gurley, 'Dawgs manhandle Tigers in second half whipping

Todd Gurley rushed for a career-high 198 yards and accounted for a Georgia record 293 all-purpose yards as Georgia physically whipped Clemson in the second half Saturday night. Photo by Dale Zanine / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Gurley, 'Dawgs manhandle Tigers in second half whipping

Aug 30, 2014, 9:30 PM

So disappointing. Couldn't establish a run game. Defense rolled over. Lost the field position battle from the word go.
No adjustments from the defense- felt like Steele was in charge again.
Dual QB system clearly didn't work.
Didn't target Legett once.
Beasley was a non factor.
Ugh....

Our D was hung out to dry

Aug 30, 2014, 10:26 PM

by a million dollar offensive coordinator who was apparently out of his league after being sustained three years by Sammy Watkins. So sad, and embarrassing. Very little creativity, same plays called twice in a row, no passes to Leggett, who was the main story of both camps, and a quarterback who had no one open or couldn't get it to them.

I got sick of hearing about how Pruit is such a genius, but apparently our offense was no match for his schemes. We were clearly out coached.

As for the defense, they didn't show me much either, even before the second half debacle. I guess this is why we play the games, to see what we really have, instead of listening to all the prognostications and hot air.

I want to see what happens if Watson starts against SC State

Aug 30, 2014, 9:32 PM

Nothing to lose there. He's the man we need for our offense. I like Cole, don't get me wrong, that first drive tonight couldn't have been much better, but Watson is the future of this program, and he's got a bright future ahead of him. Wont hurt us any if we were to start him instead.

With all that said, good job UGA, you outcoached and outplayed us in very way tonight. Best of luck the rest of the year, and I hope you really let Gurley loose against USC.

Re: I'd like to see what happened if Rob Spence didn't call the plays in the 2nd half***

Aug 30, 2014, 9:40 PM

We can start V Beasley at QB vs Sc State

Aug 30, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to I want to see what happens if Watson starts against SC State ]

Not trying to disrespect the bulldogs but that is the truth.

I think we will continue to see a 2 QB system for the next few games at least. Neither Cole nor Deshaun looked obviosly better than the other tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugh

Aug 30, 2014, 9:33 PM

Why burn the redshirt if you're not going to play the kid? Stoudt had nothing in the second half, yet Watson didn't get two consecutive series all night. Then especially once the game is out of hand, why is Stoudt still out there? Super frustrating... I don't think that makes us win... But jeez once you burn the red-shirt you have to play the kid.

Re: Ugh

Aug 30, 2014, 9:36 PM

Though I agree Watson looks like the guy to go with, it is not like Stoudt for to show much with run run sack punt. run run sack punt..run run..u get the picture

Re: Ugh

Aug 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

*got to show

Aug 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

credit this loss to the O line. Couldn't maintain a drive long enough to rest the defense. Gurrly (and any/everyone else) could run over the D once they had been on the field so long

Aug 30, 2014, 9:38 PM

Dabo needs to fix this in a hurry or we won't win against the SC state Bulldogs either.

Chad no Offense Morris thanks and enjoy your Million plus salary. You sure earned it in Athens tonight.

Any fans that make the trip to Tallahassee are stupid. Better off buying oceanfront property in Arizona.

Coots time to laugh tonight

Aug 30, 2014, 9:41 PM

TAMU guarantees that USUCK won't be laughing

Aug 30, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gurley, 'Dawgs manhandle Tigers in second half whipping ]

Laugh away coot

two steps forward three back, repeat

Aug 30, 2014, 9:41 PM

Speechless...can anyone explain why we were so anemic in the second half? Or what we were doing on defense...seems to me we need more than SC State to right this year. Fortunately this is game one, we will see in two weeks...go CU!

Re: two steps forward three back, repeat

Aug 31, 2014, 1:11 AM

Any of you ashamed about the defense obviously don't know anything. Why were we in the game after a third quarter of no first downs? Solely because of the defense. By the end of the game they were exhausted after the offensive futility. Although I do feel like they gave in at the end, they carried us for over a quarter. Confused about how good and bad the receivers looked in the first half and how horrid they were after halftime. No tight end targets? Incredible

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 10:08 PM

Best play calling I've ever seen by a High School coach to kill a defense. Does Chad actually get paid??? Should have changed entire coaching staff a minimum of 2 years ago but no, now we're stuck again for another year. The game Headline should be "Men against boys" and that in reference to the coaching staffs.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:15 PM

Can someone please explain to me in detail why Deshaun was pulled after the TD drive? Did Dabo receive some unnecessary insight from Spurrier in the offseason? I need answers man. ###

We should be ranked in top 20 to 30

Aug 30, 2014, 10:30 PM

Our QBs were very average. Accuracy of Cole and Deshaun wasn't anything special. They each had a couple of excellent throws and a bunch of underthrows. Williams dropped a couple of passes which didn't help Cole early in game.

Joe Gore got his a$$ whipped all night by Floyd which didn't help Cole or Watson. Rest of O-line showed up and neutralized UGA D-line most of game but didn't make many holes.

Cole makes me nervous running ball without any power...he's no Tajh Boyd. Only RB that ran with power was CJ Davidson. Hopefully Choice and Gallman can add power to running game.

I don't remember any passes to the TE's. What's up with that?

Defense spent a lot of time on field cause offense couldn't sustain many drives. They were really tired but it looks like they missed a lot of tackles early and gave up in the 4th quarter. UGA O-line created some huge holes. UGA had a RB committee...fresh backs...we didn't....mostly DJ and CJ.

Special teams were disappointing...missed FG (-3 points), KO return run back for TD (-7 points), punt return team didn't block UGA cover team resulting in poor punt returns.

Regardless, love Clemson University and will stick with coaches and players thru good times and bad times. Go Tigers!!!

Re: We should be ranked in top 20 to 30

Aug 30, 2014, 10:56 PM

Rest of the O-line showed up?!?! Did you watch the same game? Our ENTIRE O-line was horrible by the second half, because the dumbest coach in college football believes it's ok to go into a game with 8......let it sink in........8 freeking O-lineman! I know everyone has a love fest with Dabo, but tonight is proof that he is NOT a head coach/decision maker. Five years of ignoring offensive lineman in recruiting has caught up with us. THAT is why you didn't see the tight ends being used, they, AND the running backs had to be used as blockers. Now everyone in love with him can tell me how great our future recruiting class(2015) is gonna be. Thanks for finally catching up.

Re: We should be ranked in top 20 to 30

Aug 31, 2014, 12:07 AM

Vintiger81,

Take two ExLax, 125 mg Prozac and see me in the morning.

"Showing up" grade is C+ to D+
"Horrible" grade is D to F (e.g., Joe Gore)

Sure, O-line needs a lot of work but they are not horrible.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:33 PM

Honestly, this loss is due to the o-line. Not stout or the defense. The defense played their hearts out until they were just plain exhausted. Neither stout nor watson could show what they were made of cause the geogia d-line was in the backfield the entire second half. Youve got to protect your qb and give him a chance to make plays and keep the defense off the field so they can rest.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:16 AM

Will FSU miss Pruitt? Will Clemson take advantage of the FSU D that allowed OKSU to be so successful moving the ball post Pruitt? And OKSU stopped the FSU rush, can Clemson do likewise? Surely Winston will not pass for huge numbers vs the Clemson secondary, OKSU DB's were horrible

Aug 31, 2014, 10:14 AM

Stoudt was not the problem. Dropped passes that would have prevented 3 and outs were. Some of the drops were due to good defensive plays, but top teams make the play. Clemson had no playmakers on the field last night. (But Watson did look very good).
Howard ran like OJ Simpson...when he played for the 49ers! (I know I'm dating myself, but that is what I thought of when I saw dancing, tip-toeing, running straight up, etc).
"Running back by committee" = coach code for "our running backs aren't very good". (See UGA for how "running back by committee" should work. Every committee needs a chairman).
Defense looked good through the 3rd for the most part. Most of UGA good plays until the 4th were just that, good play by UGA, and Gurley. Unfortunately, everyone will remember the arm-tackling and missed assignments of the 4th...those plays will make the highlight reel and promos for upcoming GA games for the rest of the year.
Special teams? Time for another cup of coffee.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:06 PM

So much for the defense carrying the team. Don't get discouraged. Clemson fans; Georgia is as good as anyone in the nation!

"questioning manhood" was a bit strong, David

Sep 1, 2014, 6:59 AM

They weren't able to adjust to their adjustments after the half, and their punter nearly played a perfect game.

Just a bit too personal and a bit much.

Sep 1, 2014, 10:15 AM

Anyone know where I can find the play count (run vs. pass) for the game, broken down into halves?

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic