Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Final fall camp nuggets, including the emergence of Boulware and Choice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Final fall camp nuggets, including the emergence of Boulware and Choice

Aug 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

Final fall camp nuggets, including the emergence of Boulware and Choice

Fall camp is over and the Tigers are working on the opener against the Georgia Bulldogs. Here are a few observations from fall camp, along with some thoughts about Adam Choice avoiding a redshirt. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good article, as usual***

Aug 22, 2014, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't help but think we will see a lot of Crowder

Aug 22, 2014, 11:53 AM

this season. With Shaq Anthony gone both Crowder and Maverick Morris almost have to get up to speed to keep depth in the roster. Or so it seems to me. And I suppose there will a small amount of shifting around G and T.

Re: Can't help but think we will see a lot of Crowder

Aug 22, 2014, 10:43 PM

I hope Crowder plays at right guard most of the Georgia game, and Davis at left guard. I just do not feel that McClain has the mental framework to be productive. I hope the coaches pull him as soon as he exhibits his inability to play.

sorry Mr Hood your statement about the RB's is wrong

Aug 22, 2014, 12:52 PM

You said that if Brooks did NOT get hurt then Clemson would have gone into the season with just 3 running backs. That is factually and logically wrong. You forgot about Gallman thus there would have been 4 backs. Also, from a logic stand point, if There had only been 3 and Brooks gets hurt and you replace him with Choice then you still only have 3.

Other than that mistake, it is still a good read and I think you do great work. Keep it up.

Message removed by Author

Aug 22, 2014, 1:15 PM

Message removed by Author

Brooks actually was the lightest of the RBs though

Aug 22, 2014, 1:17 PM

Howard and Davidson are quick backs but Gallman, Dye and Choice are power backs. All of them were at or above 200lbs except for Brooks.

In what universe is DJ a "quick back"?***

Aug 22, 2014, 2:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't a mistake..you read it wrong

Aug 22, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to sorry Mr Hood your statement about the RB's is wrong ]

That wasn't a mistake....you read it wrong. I said they had three backs who were similar in body type in Howard and Davidson and Brooks - slender, shorter guys. Gallman is taller and heavier, and Choice gives them a second guy who has the potential to be more of a power runner.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I re-read and see where I could read it wrong, however

Aug 22, 2014, 1:52 PM

I don't thing they are similar in body type at all. Brooks is more similar to Sammy in body type than either Brooks or Davidson. Brooks looks bigger than his weight suggest and Davidson looks much shorter than his listed 5'10. Brooks can't keep the weight on and although he is listed at 199, I bet his playing weight is closer 194ish, it's all muscle.

As I said in the subject line, I do see where I misconstrued what you originally wrote. I do apologize, and I do always enjoy reading your articles and look forward to your future insights. I am a sports photographer for several upstate publications so I do appreciate how hard you work and effort you put in. Thanks again.

Re: Wasn't a mistake..you read it wrong

Aug 22, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Wasn't a mistake..you read it wrong ]

Then i read it wrong too. Maybe it could have been said better ??..

Also for literary purposes..Should be an "a" after avoid, and should say "i hate the brooks injury" as opposed to "i hate the injury brooks". I would give good ol Dave the benefit of the doubt that we read it wrong, but with all these other errors, iiiiidk

Swinney said Thursday evening that freshman running back Adam Choice would avoid and redshirt and play this season, a necessity because of the injury to Brooks. I hate the injury Brooks - he's experienced and has the best hands of any of the running backs

Re: New Story: Final fall camp nuggets, including the emergence of Boulware and Choice

Aug 22, 2014, 1:08 PM

I'm sure there is a reason Davidhoodsteele, but why is it that Pagano's name is never brought up. Hobby has said on a number of occasions that it would be hard to keep Scott of the field. But when you media guys do your talking with coaches, no Pagano mentions. Also there is NEVER no D Rod mentioning either when he has said that he works very hard to be more than a war survivor story. The media is always talking about the guys on our team that even Oregon fans know will be starting and playing for Clemson. Its pretty ### sick that you guys only know about our elite players that the whole world knows about, and how good they are. Be the first and talk about the other guys that are a important part of Clemson FB also. They came to Clemson to play and to be a part of the Clemson family, but are always left out and treated like distant cousins of the Hero's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Final fall camp nuggets, including the emergence of Boulware and Choice

Aug 22, 2014, 1:19 PM

Pagano's name has been brought up quite a bit in some of the scrimmage notes - but he has been working with the third team guys and our time with the coaches has been limited so far in fall camp. Sometimes it's hard to get them to stick around for more than ten minutes. And of course, we can't ask for Pagano because he hasn't played in a game and therefore isn't available for interviews under Dabo's rules. As for Daniel, we got him twice or three times in camp and ran the video stuff and the nuggets, but the players that are brought to us are sometimes at the whim of the coaches and SIDs.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 1:37 PM

More control I guess.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice article and insight!***

Aug 22, 2014, 1:12 PM

Spot the ball!! Win or lose, I'm ready to watch the Tigers

Aug 22, 2014, 1:12 PM

play UGA!!

Re: Spot the ball!! Win or lose, I'm ready to watch the Tigers

Aug 22, 2014, 1:37 PM

Yep, lets kick it off!!!

Aug 22, 2014, 1:43 PM

Thanks for mentioning Crowder. Probably one of my favorite players. I hate that he isn't starting yet, but before he leaves CLEMSON, we will hear his name a lot. If we have players that are beating him out, then we are way better on the OLine than I can even believe. We might have a dadgum great season in the making.

I love to see Tony Steward finally making his mark at CLEMSON, but I'm looking forward to Boulware doing some serious damage.

Gonna be a fun season I think.

Y'all help me out- which RB is the 20 something bulldozier?

Aug 22, 2014, 2:39 PM

My feeble mind can't keep up.

Crowder is going to be the the starter***

Aug 22, 2014, 3:05 PM

We will be constantly guessing as to who is in the backfield

Aug 22, 2014, 5:14 PM

On a bright note, regardless of whether any of our backs are of the caliber we've had in the past, we will constantly have a pair of fresh legs back there...

Wow, there sure are a lot of English and Journalism......

Aug 22, 2014, 5:37 PM

teachers on here today. Thanks for the nice article David. I always enjoy reading your articles and never have a problem understanding what you mean. I hate the Brooks injury too. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, there sure are a lot of English and Journalism......

Aug 22, 2014, 6:27 PM

Lots of poor diction as well***

Aug 22, 2014, 11:21 PM

Mile Davis had 22 yds on 15 carries , right ?
Not to focus on the Coots because this is a fine article ...but I don't want them getting a millimeter more than they deserve these days. Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 23, 2014, 12:19 AM

Great article David. I enjoy your insight and your thoughts. Keep up the good work and reporting.

Aug 23, 2014, 11:39 AM

Thanks for keeping us informed, David. I sure hope I used that comma properly. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic