Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brooks' injury leads to questions in the running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Brooks' injury leads to questions in the running game

Aug 20, 2014, 7:21 PM

Brooks' injury leads to questions in the running game

The injury to junior running back Zac Brooks robbed the Clemson football team of its second-most experienced running back? Does that mean one of the freshmen will avoid a redshirt? Can Tyshon Dye make it back in time to help? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lot's of good questions

Aug 20, 2014, 7:31 PM

Will we get any answers before game day is the real question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

We will when the 2 deep comes out

Aug 20, 2014, 7:51 PM

We'll be fine.

Re: lot's of good questions

Aug 20, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to lot's of good questions ]

Flemming is our natural answer to Gurley. He's been here through Spring training and played in the Spring game. I think maybe Dabo is keeping him under cover before the UGa game. Hey guys, he's 233 pounds, has track speed, and the athletic ability to play professional baseball. And by now, he knows the system. IMHO, he will be our top RB. Adam Choice will be the backup. Just my opinion.

Walk-on who hasn't played football in a while...

Aug 20, 2014, 9:41 PM

Taking the #1 spot?

I certainly hope not. That'd mean things are pretty dire.

Re: Walk-on who hasn't played football in a while...

Aug 20, 2014, 10:28 PM

Every year there are Freshman RB's who light up their team's stats. We have much talent on our roster. The RB position should not be an issue. Getting enough playing time for all of them probably will be more of an issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2014, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: lot's of good questions ]

Great points! There are many who only see a half empty glass. I see a cupboard that is overflowing!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slumdog Natural Replacement For George Michael***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: lot's of good questions ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 20, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to lot's of good questions ]

Kurt Flemming will be the answer.

Re: New Story: Brooks' injury leads to questions in the running game

Aug 20, 2014, 8:21 PM

You got two Frosh over 200lbs and a bull in Fleming, I say if they can hang onto the ball let em run till the cows come home! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This injury honestly doesnt hurt our chances

Aug 20, 2014, 8:23 PM

Sincerely feel bad for brooks but this was 1 position where we could afford injury
Plus not convinced he brought anything different to the table

Re: This injury honestly doesnt hurt our chances

Aug 20, 2014, 8:36 PM

I hate it for him, but always said he should have played
WR or DB. Too small to be effective as a RB.

Zac Brooks...

Aug 20, 2014, 10:36 PM

will be missed as he had EXPERIENCE...he will be missed. I hope he recovers very well and plays as a Tiger for a couple more years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zac Brooks...

Aug 20, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: This injury honestly doesnt hurt our chances ]

had EXPERIENCE...he will be missed. I hope he recovers very well and plays as a Tiger for a couple more years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiot***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:00 AM [ in reply to Re: This injury honestly doesnt hurt our chances ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't know. We really need somebody else to step up

Aug 21, 2014, 7:59 AM [ in reply to This injury honestly doesnt hurt our chances ]

quickly and be ready to go. I've never been too comfortable with DJ Howard running the ball. He runs wayyyy too high and exposes himself to hits. IMO that's an injury or fumble waiting to happen.

Aug 20, 2014, 8:47 PM

No doubt, Zac needs to switch to WR.

If we get desperate, Dorian O'Daniel was a pretty highly regarded RB in HS. Perhaps we could switch him over to other side of the ball to provide some depth.

I suspect Gallman will surprise many & shine brightly.***

Aug 20, 2014, 8:53 PM

Agree 100%. He was the best RB in the spring, and I expect

Aug 20, 2014, 10:18 PM

that will continue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I suspect Gallman will surprise many & shine brightly.***

Aug 20, 2014, 10:31 PM [ in reply to I suspect Gallman will surprise many & shine brightly.*** ]

He should be quite an asset, and we have many RB options on this squad, for a change. Of all the positions, this is one where we do have many options, IMO.

Aug 21, 2014, 5:27 AM [ in reply to I suspect Gallman will surprise many & shine brightly.*** ]

Ever since I watched the paw drills on video before the 2013 season, Gallman has been the guy I'm looking forward to. I think when all of the smoke clears, Gallman will be the go-to guy.

Agreed, I think Gallman shines this season.

Aug 21, 2014, 10:07 AM

Wayne Train!!!! Whoo Whooooo!!

Aug 21, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I suspect Gallman will surprise many & shine brightly.*** ]

Thoroughly agree with you Razz!

I really hate this for Brooks...

Aug 20, 2014, 9:14 PM

...the young man has been plagued by the injury bug his entire time at Clemson. The coaching staff has to have serious concerns for his durability at this point. With the stable of young backs coming in this season and next, it would not surprise me to see him lost in the shuffle.

Aug 20, 2014, 10:23 PM

Certainly, we will miss Zac Brooks, but we have a great stable of very capable RB's to call on. I feel better about the running game than I have since we had C.J. Spiller and James Davis in the same backfield (with a "mad scientist" O.C. who couldn't figure out how to maximize either one of them). We have much RB talent, even if one of them is a Freshman. Choice does know how to throw a pass, too, which brings on a bunch more options for a DC to have to plan for. Don't fret! We have many weapons!

I HAVE A SOLUTION. Well, maybe.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:24 AM

It has occurred to me that DJ Reader is NUMBER Eligible to take snaps in the back field as a FULLBACK.. This guy would be like the FRIDGE for the Bears. If he had a 5 yard runway to take off then who could stop him? He is well into the 300lbs club. Also, he has played baseball.

FACTS: Has been a primary backup at defensive tackle and has also seen action as a fullback ... has the size and mobility to make a difference ... became the second Tiger to letter on top-25 football and baseball teams in one academic year (2012-13) since 1994-95 (Kyle Parker (2009-10) is the other) ... has 83 tackles, five tackles for loss, three sacks, 11 quarterback pressures, and one pass breakup in 578 snaps over 26 games (three starts) in his career.

From the way it looks on the roster and depth chart we have more than enough depth at DT. Why can't we just shift him in the back field to take snaps in short yardage situations?

I know it seems grandiose at best, but what I am stating is pure fact and not opinion. I say if he has seen snaps back there before then why not use him this year?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

maybe in short yardage that would work

Aug 21, 2014, 5:27 AM

But if its 1st and 10 on the 45yd line don't expect Reader to come in and run the ball. I don't care how big you are, all u have to do is hit a man at his knees and he'll go down. I expect Reader to stick at DT.

I think with CJ Davidson and Wayne Gallman, those are the

Aug 21, 2014, 9:25 AM

best two RB we have anyways. They were going to get the bulk of carries. Then toss in DJ Howard and you have three RB's. I dont see a need to burn Choice's RS year. We still have Kurt Flemming too.

I like CJ Davidson a lot. I think between him and DJ Howard

Aug 21, 2014, 10:13 AM

we'll get good production from our rb's. The big loss with Zac is that he catches the ball really well, which is good to have in our offense.

Gallman can catch it well, too, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic