Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Roethlisberger on Bryant's practice habits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

FB Update: Roethlisberger on Bryant's practice habits

Aug 19, 2014, 9:09 AM

Roethlisberger on Bryant's practice habits

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good advice from Ben...

Aug 19, 2014, 9:12 AM

just don't hang out with him at Milledgeville bars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good advice from Ben...

Aug 19, 2014, 9:22 AM

or ever go to a Milledgeville bar.

One of the bars downtown has a bar tender named Hittler... spelled with the two t's. Not even joking. Real name. I kept the receipt to prove it. Bad scene dude. Bad scene.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmf9xrz/amici

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water is wet***

Aug 19, 2014, 9:22 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Water is wet***

Aug 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

Unfortunately, what I think he's really saying is that Bryant doesn't practice well...which is why he'd have to make such an obvious statement.

That's what I take from this as well

Aug 19, 2014, 10:36 AM

Sounds like he needs to change his practice habits. That was sometimes one of the knocks on him while at Clemson.

That statement was about learning how to practice from...

Aug 19, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Water is wet*** ]

veterans and doing what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Roethlisberger sounds more encouraging with that statement, than saying Bryant doesn't practice well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That statement was about learning how to practice from...

Aug 19, 2014, 10:54 AM

That's not how I read it...to me, it looked like this:

"He needs to get in his mind that he can help us and that he’s going to push it hard on every single play like the guys ahead of him are doing."

He needs to get his head right. He's not putting in the required effort every play (as Lilnaith said, this was a knock of Bryant's at Clemson as well).

"If you watch Antonio Brown, he scores on that second play [against the Bills last Saturday] because that’s how he practices."

Antonio Brown gives 100% effort every minute of every day, and he's a great receiver because of it...

"Every day in practice when he catches a slant he’s going to score even if guys touch him down. That’s how he practices and that’s how he plays and that’s what transitions into big things like that."

...Bryant isn't finishing plays to the very end/running through. He's going through the motions. A QB wouldn't mention this very specific aspect of practice if there wasn't something to it.

"As a young guy [Bryant] needs to keep learning from the veteran guys, and I think he will do that because he wants to be a great receiver.”

He's a talented guy who's a bit immature and needs to pay more attention to what the guys ahead of him are doing, especially from an effort standpoint.

Again, this shouldn't be a big surprise. One of the biggest knocks on Martavis and why so many of us were hoping he'd stay (even beyond our own selfish motives) was that he's always gotten by on his incredible natural talent but hadn't developed his game enough upstairs (where it often counts most in the NFL). This obviously isn't something he can't come back from...let's just hope he starts going hard every single minute of the day.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic