Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lakip feeling the pressure of Georgia? Not a chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

New Story: Lakip feeling the pressure of Georgia? Not a chance

Aug 13, 2014, 8:23 AM

Lakip feeling the pressure of Georgia? Not a chance

Junior kicker Ammon Lakip said Tuesday that he goes to sleep at night thinking about hitting the game-winning kick at Georgia, but if think he is feeling the pressure, think again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't feel pressure...

Aug 13, 2014, 8:47 AM

because Clemson is going to *@&# them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..."

Aug 13, 2014, 8:48 AM

"A reliable weapon for the past THREE years"...I wouldn't call a 63.6% and being 3-7 from 30-39 his first year in 2010 (which is when he missed the kick that would have had us beat the NC Auburn team with Cam Newton) as being a reliable weapon that year.

Re: Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..."

Aug 13, 2014, 10:25 AM

I agree with your overall statement.

But, actually his kick at Auburn would only have tied the game ... and he had already hit the kick once when a penalty caused him to have to do it again.

Minutes earlier Kyle Parker and Jaron Brown had failed connect on a wide open pass in the end zone that would have won the game without Catanzaro's involvement.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So? He was superb last year and really good the year

Aug 13, 2014, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..." ]

before that as well. I think we were lucky to have him, especially after the kickers i had to stomach when i was in school. Aaron Hunt, Jad Dean... Our max fg range used to be about 45 yards and we couldn't even hit those a lot of the time.

Hunt and Dean

Aug 13, 2014, 1:13 PM

just threw up a little bit in my mouth

That's kind of harsh ...

Aug 13, 2014, 2:39 PM

Neither was Chris Gardocki or David Teadwell, but ...

I liked Aaron Hunt plenty at the final gun vs SCAR in 2000 ... otherwise Rod Gardner's "Catch" means nothing.

And Jad Dean pretty much won the 2005 opener against Texas A&M all on his own.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..."

Aug 13, 2014, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..." ]

Cat missed the kick that would have taken it to overtime on the second try.. he made it the first time but there was a penalty.

Yep, his RS Fr year he was horrible

Aug 13, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Correction..."trying to replace Catanzaro..." ]

he cost us the BC game and missed several kicks that year.

Re: New Story: Lakip feeling the pressure of Georgia? Not a chance

Aug 13, 2014, 8:57 AM

I'm glad he's confident, but I sure hope we don't have to rely on his dream coming to true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2014, 9:09 AM

Cat Man did struggle in his first full. He was just not feeling it. That Auburn miss was soul crushing to THIS fan.
However , his last seasons were amazing. How about the 2011 ACC clincher against Wake at home ? The LSU winner in Atlanta ? He was very good after a topsy-turvy start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 13, 2014, 11:19 AM

I may be wrong, but I believe after his first year he went to a kicking instructor/teacher and we really saw a big change from then on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will know more after the first quarter....

Aug 13, 2014, 11:32 AM

fine to hear he feels no pressure, but lets face it, that's not really true

fact is he should feel pressure to perform well just like any other starter

read he wasn't hitting the ball as well early in camp, so that's a concern

plus didn't the kid leave camp / leave the team briefly last spring, wonder if he's as mentally tough as he states. don't remember all the details on why he left

i'm thinking he's going to get one or two opportunities in the first half (maybe in the first quarter) . This doesn't include KO's which i'm not sure if it's him or Pinion who is handling.

but if there's issues w/ range or accuracy, don't be surprised to see a lot of dabo going for it on 4 th down once we cross mid field, especially with a pretty strong clemson front 7 on defense

Re: Will know more after the first quarter....

Aug 13, 2014, 12:00 PM

I sure hope Dabo doesn't try any field goals before we cross midfield - don't think you came up with a good reason for being negative here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will know more after the first quarter....

Aug 13, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Will know more after the first quarter.... ]

Kickers are always weirdos... they aren't like other players on a football team. I for one am glad that he's a laid back type of guy.

Aug 14, 2014, 3:03 AM

Seems like he is pretty laid back as a kicker and has a clear mindset of what he has to do. I wish him lots of success.

He's a soccer player. He will be fine. Go get it, Ammon!***

Aug 15, 2014, 1:12 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic