»
Topic: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice
Replies: 48   Last Post: Aug 7, 2014 2:02 PM by: slumdog
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 48   Pages: 1  

New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 6:46 PM

PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Wednesday's practice started off with a bang as the Tigers - practicing in full pads for the first time in fall camp - began the session with the vaunted PAW drills. Who stood out and who got hurt? Who was returning punts? Full Story »

Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:00 PM

I would really like to see Kurt Fleming on kick off returns. The guy is like 230-240 and has great speed. He runs track and has actually left people in the dust on kick off returns before. If he has some forward momentum it would be hard to tackle him in open space. If you don't believe me then simply check him out in some of his previous film highlights. The dude is a beast. He would at least allow us to start each drive in opposing territory.

Anyone else agree?

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:06 PM

as a blocker, sure.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:13 PM

Kurt Fleming runs a 4.4 in the 40. He outran one of our defensive backs two days ago. A very fast defensive back. He has speed, protects the ball, and will bulldoze a defender that gets in the way. I say let him return punts and kickoffs.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

I'm with you ChestyPuller0311...Kurt Fleming is a Stud

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:58 PM

I hope that Kurt takes advantage of every opportunity and gets some serious playing time and a scholarship (if eligible). Love to have a Walt Garrison fullback with Tony Dorsett tailback speed....if you recognize these names, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

If the Atlanta Braves are paying for him to go to college

[2]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:10 PM

do you still want him to get a scholarship?

Sort of like do you want Rodriguez to get a scholarship if the GI Bill is paying for it?

null

Re: If the Atlanta Braves are paying for him to go to college

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:26 PM

I want both of them to be rewarded with a scholarship if they earn it, regardless of if they have another source of money. Should Manzell not have been on a scholarship just because his Dad is rich? JMO

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:42 PM

THere is a difference between your family paying and the government paying.

Part of it is on the players. They may have received a scholarship somewhere else. They knew the deal when they came to Clemson.

null

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 10:20 AM

I seriously doubt there is any player on our roster who doesn't want to earn a scholarship, whether they walked on or not.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 11:10 PM

Fast helps for kickoffs but you need shiftiness as well...I don't think Sammy was a good return man, he didn't have the change of direction that you need at that position

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:12 PM

Yeah he's a beast....let's see what he can do in camp. I'm excited to see this group this season

I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns...

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:12 PM

He could be a decent short yardage back with his size, but we need someone who is fast and shifty returning kicks.

Re: I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns...

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Kurt Fleming is fast. 4.4 in the 40... Out runs our current defensive backs. Has great top end speed and has the size to plow over defenders. He doesn't need to be shifty when he can run people over.

~Chesty Puller

He didn't outrun Jayron Kearse in the spring game.***

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:43 PM

Re: He didn't outrun Jayron Kearse in the spring game.***

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:28 PM

Uh, I believe Kearse also is quite fast!

He was in high school. That's been a few years obviously, but if you look at his highlight video from then he looked great. Idk how the added weight has effected that however since he is bigger now than in his HS playing days

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:19 PM

He has gained weight, but in Pro baseball they run sprints all day.. He has explosive speed. He now runs between a 4.3 and 4.4 in the 40... Nasty beast of a man... I wouldn't want to be in his way when he is running with the ball.

~Chesty Puller

I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:35 PM

40s faster than 4.40 at the combine earlier this year. Neither Sammy nor Martavis could do it.

Re: I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:49 PM

Totally agree. I'm sure the guy is fast but a sub 4.4 (or even sub 4.5) is stupid fast. If there is a running back in college football that is 22yrs old, 240lbs, and runs in the 4.3's, he's your starter, Heisman candidate, first round pick, and then hopefully you'll be able to draft him on your fantasy team.

Re: I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:17 PM

His official run time for the 100 Meter is 10.7 NOW THAT IS FAST for someone who weighs 233lbs. Just saying, if Dabo wants to use him then he has my blessings.

~Chesty Puller

Partner, he does not run a 10.7 now. No way.***

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Kurt Fleming is not faster than Martavis and Sammy...

[1]
Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:41 PM

I have watched his film and the claims of a sub 4.5 in the 40 are unsubstantiated. The kid is a beast and a #### of an athlete. Please stop trying to turn him into a mythical character and let him be Kurt Fleming.

Yeah, maybe 4.5 with someone doing a bad hand time***

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:27 PM

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:45 PM

No way a 240 lb white boy runs a 4.3.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:48 PM

His official run time thus far with the added weight is a 4.47... So I stand to be corrected, but he is close enough. SPOT THE BALL and GIVE IT TO FLEMING!

~Chesty Puller

What about

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:22 PM

lead man in the wedge?

null

Re: What about

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:25 PM

now we are talking

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:29 PM

Have you guys not seen the videos yet... He runs over defenders and has track star speed.

~Chesty Puller

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:31 PM

I saw him running in the spring game, no way he is a 4.4 in pads.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:34 PM

You will see when he takes the field this season. He is a big, strong, and speedy FullBack.

~Chesty Puller

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:36 PM

sounds like he will contribute right away, cant wait to see him on the field.

Doubt he'll see the field much

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:27 PM

But I hope he proves me wrong. He's got a ton of competition now.

Re: Doubt he'll see the field much

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 1:56 PM

Fleming himself is a ton of competition.

He would dominate if you put him there.***

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Fleming has terrific speed.

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:50 PM

I agree. Are the coaches deliberately down-playing him so that he remains a secret weapon. At 233 with speed. he seems like a potential time bomb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he stand out in the Spring game? Personally, I think Dabo is being sly regarding this guy.
Then unleash him on UGA. Just MHO.

Straight line 40 speed is only a part of it

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 7:50 AM

Sammy showed this. He wasn't any thing more than an average returner. It's because he didn't have the zig and the zag and the vision as a returner. It's a gift that few have. Ellington had it. Few have it.

Am I missing the video?

S

Re: Am I missing the video?

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:15 PM

http://youtu.be/4IS3a-ADmSI

~Chesty Puller

Lol video of the paw drill

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:30 PM

S

Re: Lol video of the paw drill

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Oh my bad LOL

~Chesty Puller

Let's just say the level of competition in that highlight

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 8:30 PM

Reel is ....... below average.

Kurt may turn out to be a nice complementary piece, but his highlight film shows nothing more than a decent, hard nosed football player outplaying sub par competition.

In my opinion, he's the most raw RB we have

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 9:38 PM

He's a tank and he will lower his shoulder, but he's not going to shake anyone I don't think. But that won't be his specialty. Hopefully he has the ball control to be used on tough 3rd downs.

Re: Am I missing the video?

Posted: Aug 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Just watched his video. If that stud's not fast, then I don't know the meaning of the word. In terms of size and speed he may be our most physically gifted RB.

here is a link to the video

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IS3a-ADmSI

Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:15 PM

one does not simply bowl over Vic Beasley.

Re: Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:16 PM

I'm hoping they have that on video for the site today. i'm excited to see that

Re: Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 7:25 PM

Beasley needs to do stadium steps for allowing a true freshman to run him over... LOL

~Chesty Puller

Posted: Aug 6, 2014 10:22 PM

If Choice bolded over V. Beasley, he's already on my Heisman List.

Replies: 48   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have a Lot 6 reserved space. #9763. This lot is next to lot 5 and is paved and a very short walk...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
6046 people have read this post