Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 recruit sets decision date, Clemson in final group
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 recruit sets decision date, Clemson in final group

Aug 6, 2014, 6:52 AM

Nation's #1 recruit sets decision date, Clemson in final group

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 recruit sets decision date, Clemson in final group

Aug 6, 2014, 6:57 AM

Good for uga.

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Nation's #1 recruit sets decision date, Clemson in final group

Aug 6, 2014, 7:30 AM

Did he come for a visit to us? Could he have a visit planned this week?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 6, 2014, 8:04 AM

going to UGA

Aug 6, 2014, 9:03 AM

Poor USuC, didn't make the final cut :(

Aug 6, 2014, 9:06 AM

Reminds me a lot of William Perry in the quickness he shows off the ball and the way he destroys his blockers and makes tackles. I would love to see him come to Clemson and be a Tiger instead of becoming a dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never count Dabo out when it comes to recruiting.

Aug 6, 2014, 9:15 AM

I think he'll pick UGA, but it's hardly a done deal.

Our coaching staff has done an amazing job so far putting together an elite class, and I think Thompson will at least give it considerable thought. He'd be the crown jewel in the best recruiting year in Clemson history. Go Tigers.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Re: Never count Dabo out when it comes to recruiting.

Aug 6, 2014, 9:21 AM

It's a done deal. Our coaches aren't pulling any rabbits out of hats on this one. He's almost committed to UGa twice already. Only other team that had a 10% chance for auburn.

UGA? I hate it when they steal one from our recruiting turf.***

Aug 6, 2014, 9:27 AM

null

+1 my good man.....

Aug 6, 2014, 4:06 PM

Like what you did there....

Aug 6, 2014, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Never count Dabo out when it comes to recruiting. ]

If he's set a date for his decision--especially a date so close--it's a done deal.

Aug 6, 2014, 11:42 AM

Yep. Was really hoping seeing another CU victory over the dawgs and a year of Pruitt's defense in action with those players would give him pause and us a chance. His grandparents are huge dawgs fans. 100% he chooses Georgia.

Aug 6, 2014, 9:31 AM

Believing this Trent Thompson is a UGA lock, and that he will have been LOCKED UP before he ever plays a down for UGA. Has there been any talk around the Web on Tim Settle, Albert Huggins, Matt Burrell Jr, or Zack Bailey. Every time Dabo has spoken about recruiting here lately, all that he says is that we're about done. Are there any secret silents in his words. Could it be Burrell, Settle, Bailey, or all 3. And Huggins, will he be ours, or did UGA steal him. What are you guys thinking. Those 4 have been quite for a few weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 20, right? How many can we take? ******

Aug 6, 2014, 9:33 AM

null

Re: We have 20, right? How many can we take? ******

Aug 6, 2014, 9:42 AM

I don't think that I've ever known what our max number was going to be. But I think I heard mention 22.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 9:42 AM

I really like to see CLEMSON get these types of players. We've missed on some good ones in recent years, and could sure use a break in landing one of them.

Aug 6, 2014, 9:43 AM

Steak, your wants are to small, I want them allllll!!!

Aug 6, 2014, 10:16 AM

We stole John Johnson from Georgia back in 1987 and some Dawg fans are still pissed about that one! It would be perfect to do it again!

Aug 6, 2024, 8:48 PM

We were the final "other school" for Herschel Walker too ...imagine that one getting away .
I believed T Thompson to be a UGA lock since his first offers started being issued. I have seen a pic of him in a UGA hat and there is no doubt in my mind at this point where he is going.
Clemson has some great Georgia inroads , and will continue to get great players in the Peachy State .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

That's my Parents Anniversary - Both Clemson Grads

Aug 6, 2014, 11:42 AM

Must be a good omen

It Would Be Fantastic If We Could Land Thompson And Settle***

Aug 6, 2014, 3:46 PM

Re: It Would Be Fantastic If We Could Land Thompson And Settle***

Aug 6, 2014, 3:53 PM

And Huggins....

Just sayin'

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Would Be Fantastic If We Could Land Thompson And Settle***

Aug 6, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to It Would Be Fantastic If We Could Land Thompson And Settle*** ]

Have he ever took a visit to Clemson recently

Aug 6, 2014, 8:20 PM

Come on to Clemson Trent. Become part of a great future. Become a great football player, become a great man.

Aug 7, 2014, 10:08 AM

We had absolutely no vision of him playing at Clemson to begin with. We didn't feel we had a chance for his services, and we will be great without him. Carry on, there is nothing from our stand point lost... I really don't think he even come on a visit. His loss not ours!!!

Aug 7, 2014, 1:43 PM

Correct. A decision he'll have to live with.

Aug 7, 2014, 1:59 PM

Its either Alabama, Georgia, Auburn we're out the mix

I can see why he wouldn't want to go to USC...

Aug 8, 2014, 8:24 AM

Southern California being so far away.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic