Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: News and notes from Swinney media golf outing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: News and notes from Swinney media golf outing

Jul 15, 2014, 12:36 PM

News and notes from Swinney media golf outing

News and notes from Tuesday morning's interview session with Clemson assistant coaches at Dabo Swinney media golf outing. What is the latest on Charone Peake? Can the coaches keep Scott Pagano off the field? What is the latest on Germone Hoppper? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliott's comments about Gallman worry me

Jul 15, 2014, 1:13 PM

Makes it sound like they might not start him even if he won the job in camp. Gotta put the best 11 players on the field regardless of seniority.

I saw video of his comments at another site...

Jul 15, 2014, 1:17 PM

TCI has a video of the interview and I believe Elliot was referring to if there is no separation between players, then it is Dabo's general philosophy to give the nod to experience/seniority. This does not mean older players automatically start over others. Take Alexander at CB for a perfect example. Dabo already named him the starter for all practical purposes.

I'm not saying it was done intentionally, but this is an example of not conveying the whole answer and context and so forth.....

In context that makes more sense

Jul 15, 2014, 1:44 PM

if it's too close to call you go with the experienced guy. I don't think any fan wants to see favoritism if one guy is clearly better (see Nuk Hopkins not getting to start until halfway into his freshman season despite being far and away the best WR on the team that year).

Re: In context that makes more sense

Jul 15, 2014, 2:12 PM

If there isn't nothing to gain in playing the younger guy, then yes, play the one that has more experience. But please don't don't sit the best player b/c of favoritism of the older guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In context that makes more sense

Jul 15, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to In context that makes more sense ]

That probably had much to do with Nuk not knowing the playbook well enough to handle all the position's assignments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still would've been better than the garbage in front of him***

Jul 15, 2014, 4:31 PM

Remember reading those comments as well.***

Jul 15, 2014, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: In context that makes more sense ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elliott's comments about Gallman worry me

Jul 15, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Elliott's comments about Gallman worry me ]

I guess we believed it to much when Dabo would boast that the best 11 would be on the field at the same time. Just maybe he learned some bad sh!t from TB. Idk if a new player has only been out of HS for a day, if he is better than the one that's been there 12 years, the new guy should be the starter. Or that is the way I personally see it. I'm all in with the game must be won with your best players, and fk that senior player BS that has had more snaps. If the senior wants to start bad enough, he WILL out work, out play the freshman MOST of the time. The best guy starts NO MATTER WHAT. PERIOD!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 2:32 PM

You two act like know more than the coach

Jul 15, 2014, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Elliott's comments about Gallman worry me ]

I agree. "Seniority" (sports politics) doesn't gain a yard or score a point on the field. You don't inherit the right to start or to play; you earn it. If we lose sight of that at CU, we're in trouble.

Elliot might be an idiot

Jul 15, 2014, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Elliott's comments about Gallman worry me ]

After a comment like that. Even if he won the job in camp he still might not get the start and then hints at wanting to do a Bowden and let the freshman only get the first carry then pull him. DJ Howard was 4th in the rotation last year and we only lost hot rod so there is no excuse that CJ and brooks are not 1 & 2. Out of all the good running backs to come through clemson why can we not find a RB coach that has some actual experience at the position and give better insight than starting players simply on seniority.

I'm sry but I don't see our run game being very

Jul 15, 2014, 3:19 PM

Successful with DJ starting. I know I'm not a coach and I understand the coaches know our players alot better then me but from I've seen over the years, Dj should not be starting. He had one good game his whole career and that was auburn 2011. I know he's been hampered by injury but even at 100% I don't see him carrying the bulk of the carries. I think CJ Davidson should start or Gallman. That's just my opinion. I had CJ start in my dynasty on NCAA 14 and he did really good. He had like 1300 rushing yds, 500 receiving and was a contender for the Heisman. I don't expect anything different this upcoming season. Lol

New Guy Starts

Jul 15, 2014, 3:31 PM

I remember several times TB promised a freshman he would get first carry. Don't remember one time that anything positive came from it. Can't beat experience. Now if new guy is the best we got, that's a different story.

Re: New Guy Starts

Jul 15, 2014, 4:54 PM

I believe James Davis got the first snap in the Texas A&M game and then had some very big plays in the final drive and went on to have a pretty good year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judging our RBs based off of a video game?

Jul 15, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I'm sry but I don't see our run game being very ]

Dood, you must be 15, or a total moran

Re: Judging our RBs based off of a video game?

Jul 15, 2014, 7:27 PM

Why not, as mediocre as they are?

I was being sarcastic

Jul 16, 2014, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Judging our RBs based off of a video game? ]

Do u really think I would base a guys performance on a video game to real life? Yep I definitely expect CJ Davidson to get 1300 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards and an invitation to the Heisman ceremony.

Re: New Story: News and notes from Swinney media golf outing

Jul 15, 2014, 3:49 PM

The main thing everyone needs to remember; The Coaching Staff has had no real contact with any of the players during unoffical "practice or workouts" since the Spring Game. Granted, they get reports from the weight and conditioning staff, but it will all get sorted out in practice starting August 1st. I'll bet the Coaching Staff will evaluate everyone and know in short order who will start at Georgia. Don't look for depth chart til just before the Ga. game. Don't want to tip the hat to early. Lots of film out there from Spring Game and summer activities for opposing teams to look at.

Jul 15, 2014, 7:34 PM

And what does the coaches playing golf have to do with anything to do with our football program? Golf?? Watch film, get feedback from and give input to him regarding each and every player. Golf, my aching A$$.

Jul 15, 2014, 7:44 PM

Correction: I meant feedback and input from Batson. My mistake. Why doesn't Vic Beasley weigh at least 260 by now? He can't play effectively against the run (the main NFL rap against him). Watch the video against UGA last
year. Even tight ends blocked him on the run. I still Think our strength program is second rate.

You're the type that could win....

Jul 15, 2014, 8:13 PM

.....the lottery but it still wouldn't be quite enough. When will you believe that Vic will never be 275 when he gets to the NFL and they still can't get that extra 35 40lbs on him? Vic could be a little better in run support but what DE couldn't, I mean dang guy he had over 20 TFL and they weren't all sacks. The thread is dumb because that first post took everything out of context, the question was would you trust a freshmen with that first carry of the Georgia game and IF ALL THINGS WERE EQUAL DABO HAS A TRACK RECORD OF PLAYING THE MORE EXPERIENCED GUY NOT EVEN IF THE FRESHMAN IS BETTER HE WILL STILL START THE SENIOR. C'mon people you're acting like this slumdog poser never happy and can spin something meant to be positive and making a negative even if it was the hardest thing to turn negative....

Re: You're the type that could win....

Jul 15, 2014, 8:21 PM

Oh well, more of the same fantasy BS. Believe what you will. Not even worthy of a response.

And yet you responded.....***

Jul 15, 2014, 11:00 PM

Little gnat can't help himself.***

Jul 15, 2014, 11:39 PM

I forgot what Alexanders injury was? Excited about him.***

Jul 16, 2014, 9:48 AM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1