»
Topic: New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014 1:12 PM by: slumdog
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 8:27 AM

Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Sophomore receiver Mike Williams is next in our series of Ten to Watch for the 2014 season, and he says that he is ready to step in and play the "9-man" receiver position made famous by former Clemson receiver Nuk Hopkins. Full Story »

Bryant is replaceable

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 10:05 AM

He was a non factor in the opener last year - three drops. And dropped a number of other passes during the year, as I recall. Yep, he made a few plays too, and stretched the field a couple of times. But I think there is too much hype given to him. Sammy is another matter altogether. We will be just fine with the corps of receivers we have, esp if Peake stays healthy and comes out.

Any player is replaceable, but Bryant will be sorely missed.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 10:49 AM

He was the 2nd leading receiver on our team last year, and you dang well better believe that we don't beat Ohio State without his two touchdowns.

Re: Bryant is replaceable

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 1:09 PM

I agree. Heard a lot about Bryant's potential, but never saw it fulfilled at Clemson. Hope he can get it together in the NFL.

Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 10:28 AM

Every time I see Williams play he reminds me of Nuk. The real question is when will the determination take over and take him to the next level. Nuk came in with the talent and really took off when he was pushed by Sammy. With the correct motivation Williams can follow directly in his footsteps. Hopefully we will see it this season.

null

Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 1:12 PM

Nuk re-made himself into a much thicker, stronger player.

With what we saw of him in his Fresman season,

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 10:32 AM

if he makes the standard improvement from year one to year two, he will probably be the go to downfield guy for Cole.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: With what we saw of him in his Fresman season,

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 10:51 AM

Great jump ball guy in the redzone as well. Something I feel like we've been missing for awhile.

Footsteps? I say Sammy & Nuk left footprints!...

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 1:03 PM

Check Memorial Stadium's field the next time you are down there after a game. You can still see Sammy's footprints from when he lowered his shoulder and scored in last seasons UGA game and in both endzones you will find where Nuk landed with the ball in hands several times during his career! Those two guys have left huge footprints and shoes to fill! When is the last time we had 2 first round wide receivers on the same team like we did in 2012?

(In case you were wondering I looked it up. The answer is 1978. Jerry Butler and Perry Tuttle were on the same team, however, Butler was in his last year and Tuttle was a freshman. I'm not old enough to know but unless Tuttle got a lot of playing time as a Freshman then it doesn't compare to Nuk and Sammy as starters on 2012's team.)

Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: 2 tickets South Lower UH and Lot 1 reserved parking spot. Located in Greenville Text or call if i...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2069 people have read this post