Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,827

New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Jul 10, 2014, 8:27 AM

Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Sophomore receiver Mike Williams is next in our series of Ten to Watch for the 2014 season, and he says that he is ready to step in and play the "9-man" receiver position made famous by former Clemson receiver Nuk Hopkins. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant is replaceable

Jul 10, 2014, 10:05 AM

He was a non factor in the opener last year - three drops. And dropped a number of other passes during the year, as I recall. Yep, he made a few plays too, and stretched the field a couple of times. But I think there is too much hype given to him. Sammy is another matter altogether. We will be just fine with the corps of receivers we have, esp if Peake stays healthy and comes out.

Any player is replaceable, but Bryant will be sorely missed.

Jul 10, 2014, 10:49 AM

He was the 2nd leading receiver on our team last year, and you dang well better believe that we don't beat Ohio State without his two touchdowns.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryant is replaceable

Jul 10, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Bryant is replaceable ]

I agree. Heard a lot about Bryant's potential, but never saw it fulfilled at Clemson. Hope he can get it together in the NFL.

Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Jul 10, 2014, 10:28 AM

Every time I see Williams play he reminds me of Nuk. The real question is when will the determination take over and take him to the next level. Nuk came in with the talent and really took off when he was pushed by Sammy. With the correct motivation Williams can follow directly in his footsteps. Hopefully we will see it this season.

null

Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Following in the footsteps of Nuk Hopkins

Jul 10, 2014, 1:12 PM

Nuk re-made himself into a much thicker, stronger player.

With what we saw of him in his Fresman season,

Jul 10, 2014, 10:32 AM

if he makes the standard improvement from year one to year two, he will probably be the go to downfield guy for Cole.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: With what we saw of him in his Fresman season,

Jul 10, 2014, 10:51 AM

Great jump ball guy in the redzone as well. Something I feel like we've been missing for awhile.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Footsteps? I say Sammy & Nuk left footprints!...

Jul 10, 2014, 1:03 PM

Check Memorial Stadium's field the next time you are down there after a game. You can still see Sammy's footprints from when he lowered his shoulder and scored in last seasons UGA game and in both endzones you will find where Nuk landed with the ball in hands several times during his career! Those two guys have left huge footprints and shoes to fill! When is the last time we had 2 first round wide receivers on the same team like we did in 2012?

(In case you were wondering I looked it up. The answer is 1978. Jerry Butler and Perry Tuttle were on the same team, however, Butler was in his last year and Tuttle was a freshman. I'm not old enough to know but unless Tuttle got a lot of playing time as a Freshman then it doesn't compare to Nuk and Sammy as starters on 2012's team.)

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic