Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Twelve Days in Autumn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Twelve Days in Autumn

Jun 24, 2014, 8:32 AM

Twelve Days in Autumn

We've just passed the first day of summer, but it's hard for some of us to think about vacations and days at the pool knowing that those 12 special days we all live for are just around the corner. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what?!

Jun 24, 2014, 8:37 AM

No love for OJ?! He's had the countdown locked down on Tnet for quite some time. GO TIGERS! SPOT THE BALL!!!

And to think it all hangs in the balance in a courtroom.***

Jun 24, 2014, 8:54 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful

Jun 24, 2014, 11:01 AM

idiot players will ruin college athletics. Its a sad day we live in.

Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful

Jun 24, 2014, 12:24 PM

If the game is ruined blame the idiot greedy ADs and coaches and the NCAA not the players who might be immature and not so smart but give it all they have in the August sun!
It is the ADs and university presidents, chancellor's, provosts that have soul their souls for a little more TV money. It was the NCAA that allowed a private enterprise to pay them to use a players likeness in a video game, it is the university's that license jerseys with a players name on it.
Give me a break these players are not greedy, the lawyers may be, but college athletes have not been treated fairly. Some have had injuries that are debilitating, their is no long term health insurance and no college degree, just a life on disability.
Clemson under Dabo Swinney has treated players with career ending injuries or illnesses far better than the NCAA or some other schools do. They move to a non athletic scholarship and remain part of the team. Saw some excerpts about Stanley Hunter in write ups about the summer camps... he was helping... I hated it when he had to give up playing football.

Are you dumb or just an idiot

Jun 24, 2014, 2:33 PM

No one is forcing anyone to play football. Injuries are a risk you willingly and knowingly take when you step out on that field. How do TV contracts and jersey sales hurt the athlete? Taking advantage of the athlete, give me a break. These kids have it made compared to the average student. Not been treated fairly. Wow.....youre the kind of liberal moron that is driving this country to ruin.

Pioneer

Jun 24, 2014, 4:58 PM

You sound like a jerk-off, spouting an awful lot sitting behind your keyboard tough guy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More greedy lawyers than liberal judges.***

Jun 24, 2014, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

Jun 25, 2014, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

speaking of a bleeding heart you swallowed all of the media hype.
I feel if athletes as pampered as they are now will destroy the college game as much as it has already become a professional lifegoal game.
I do agree where there is $ there is a lawyer lurking in the background.
Dabo had a great idea forming semi-pro or farm league that works so well with baseball.
I for one will forever be a Tiger and love what Jack Leggett has done for baseball at Clemson.

Jun 24, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

I'd be interested to see if you'd be singing the same tune if you had the ability to make millions of dollars... for other people. And couldn't do anything about it. I love college football as much as anyone, but the jig is up.

Cry me a freaking river

Jun 24, 2014, 2:28 PM

No one is forcing them to play football. If they are good enough, they will make their millions. What an absolute joke of an argument.

Re: Cry me a freaking river

Jun 24, 2014, 2:53 PM

They're being forced to go to college when the majority of talent has no interest in going to a single class. It's all a money-making scam. Collusion between the NCAA and the NFL is what makes the current system tenable. That is going to end very soon.

A 17 year old kid could not go to the NFL

Jun 24, 2014, 2:59 PM

Youre absolutely out of your mind if you think otherwise.

You're being very simple...

Jun 24, 2014, 3:09 PM

No, they can't play in the NFL. But they COULD play in a developmental league and get paid for it. Ever heard of minor league baseball? NBADL? Sure you have. The reason a similar professional level does not exist in football is because football has a "3 Years Removed" rule and it allows the NFL to conveniently use the NCAA as a free farm system. Everyone benefits from this system except for the players and that's about to come to an end.

Is anyone forcing them to pursue sports?

Jun 24, 2014, 5:31 PM

They know the reality and they are CHOOSING it. It's not like they have no alternatives. These cases are going to do more harm than good.

Re: Is anyone forcing them to pursue sports?

Jun 25, 2014, 10:32 AM

yes. I totally agree. Why else have academics standards been slowly whittled away--athletics.

Re: Cry me a freaking river

Jun 25, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Cry me a freaking river ]

It starts in 6th grade when kid goes from city or county games suddenly it's middle school to high to college, Why can't people who are concerned about the integrity of our Clemson image and integrity not burning the airwaves and social media.

No, we'll fuss when it is all over and we can't identify with the team or the game.

Are you an employee?

Jun 24, 2014, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

Then, you do it, along with millions of others there, homeskillet! If you don't like it, start a business.

Otherwise, shut up..

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Are you an employee?

Jun 24, 2014, 4:57 PM

What? You don't even make sense. Northwestern has been granted the ability to unionize. That makes them employees. You realize that, right? You're either in denial or too dumb to realize that this system is falling apart.

Your density is a wonderment...

Jun 28, 2014, 11:54 PM

How CAN you NOT see the double standard of your original statement??

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

So many people have it so much worse.

Jun 24, 2014, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

If this argument was applied to every legitimate case, we would live under a Stalinist Dictatorship before all the injustices were fixed.

Life is a game in which some people lose financially. Play it to win. College athletes are biting the hand that feeds them. What if they stopped awarding athletic scholarships all-together?

If you can't stand the idea of making other people money, then go do something else. They just want more out of an already good situation. Court rooms are quick-cash opportunities for lawyers looking to constantly exploit our legal system by co-opting greedy people's plights. And arguments like this are feeding it.

C'mon, they get national exposure, an education

Jun 24, 2014, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: 1 bleeding heart liberal judge and a few greedy ungrateful ]

That may include Grad school and they get treated like royalty on their campuses.

I agree they should get something, so let them do commercials and licensing.

Please if I had a chance to be D1 football player, my ### would be silent. Everybody thinks they are owed a living. These schools should be responsible at least somewhat of injuries, including permanent, but they provide for the rest of the university's athletics with that money.

Re: And to think it all hangs in the balance in a courtroom.***

Jun 25, 2014, 10:53 AM [ in reply to And to think it all hangs in the balance in a courtroom.*** ]

I request on behalf of many who have been busy lately and have emailed me so lay it all out and tell "us" what balance hangs?

I've got goosebumps Mr. HoodSteele... Great article..

Jun 24, 2014, 8:59 AM

You sir, have a gift that can't be taught. And we are all lucky that you are a Clemson man. Thank you.

Re: I've got goosebumps Mr. HoodSteele... Great article..

Jun 24, 2014, 9:20 AM

You got it down pat

+1.... 'to infinity and beyond'***

Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Twelve Days in Autumn

Jun 24, 2014, 10:03 AM

Beautiful.

Ahh, the smell of freshly cut, dew-soaked grass on a crisp fall morning... the remnants of last night's parties, seen from the perspective of an old alumni instead of a participant... two kids who are getting too old, too fast in their orange tossing the football and asking about the next great player... memories of those toddlers in orange yelling "Go Tigers!"... remembering when I idolized Warren Ratchford, Steve Fuller, Lester Brown and Ken Callicut before there was an upper deck. Goodbye to hot muggy days, hello to crisp mornings and Clemson football. That, my friends, is what life is all about.

Jun 24, 2014, 7:50 PM

Another great article David ! Pretty much lays it out to the build up for the seasons first game all the way to the Bowl Games. Wish there was more cool days on Saturday home games, but we survive and look forward to the atmosphere and the gathering of friends at home games! GO TIGERS !!!!!

Jun 25, 2014, 7:55 AM

Great job David. Looking forward to another fun season.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic