Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

FB Update: Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Jun 12, 2014, 9:16 AM

Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope not

Jun 12, 2014, 9:17 AM

that means Cole lost a few.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not if...

Jun 12, 2014, 4:33 PM

the coaches feel that Watson has won the job in the
fall.(b4 the 1st game)

IMO, if you're not going award the starting job to
DW from DAY 1- 1st game, then commit totally to redshirting him.

how can we possibly red shirt him?

Jun 12, 2014, 6:54 PM

We have 2 QBs and a couple of walk-ons. You have to have two playing and usually you play three. We had 4 QBs get reps last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not redshirting

Jun 12, 2014, 9:03 PM

Coaches will get him as many reps in as possible this year in prep for the next two years. If he's as good as advertised he's gone in three years anyway so might as well get him the experience for next year.

It'll probably be Elijah Hood

Jun 12, 2014, 9:48 AM

You know, that stud running back out of Charlotte than Danny Pearman was too lazy to even make a phone call to.

Cole Stout being named starter led to Chad Kelly's problem

Jun 12, 2014, 10:26 AM

not the other way around. At least that's the way I understood it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Cole Stout being named starter led to Chad Kelly's problem

Jun 12, 2014, 10:29 AM

COLE WAS NAMED STARTER AFTER KELLY WAS DISMISSED. THEY WERE IN A DOGFIGHT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he wasn't named the starter until kelly was dismissed.......

Jun 12, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Cole Stout being named starter led to Chad Kelly's problem ]

watson got injured
kelly was dismissed

stoudt was DEFAULTED into the starting QB position

for as "good" as fans here say he is it's rather odd that he wasn't a SHOE IN as the starter competing against a TRUE FRESHMAN and a RS SOPHOMORE coming off of an ACL tear............instead it was "WIDE OPEN"

Re: he wasn't named the starter until kelly was dismissed.......

Jun 12, 2014, 10:56 AM

^^^^If Cole Stoudt was NOT a 'shoe in' after watching the SG, regardless of CK's dismissal, then we have some stupid-azz coaches that need to find another profession. Just sayin'.

In other words - Cole WAS a 'shoe in' for starter. Maybe not in YOUR eyes - but in most people's opinions - he was.

Jun 12, 2014, 11:18 AM

Well I guess the search for new coaches should be on. I think the spring game more than anything was ab putting Kelly on a lesser team than what Stoudt was going to work with. When you go out there with Humphries and Rodriguez as your best receivers, you're kinda doomed considering the other receivers Clemson has. I don't think Stoudt was going to be named the starter after that until what happened with Kelly. But Kelly failed horribly when the coaches wanted to see how he would handle all of that. In the end, it is what it is. Kelly is gone and Cole Stoudt is Clemson's QB right now, just holding it down until Deshaun steps in

Jun 12, 2014, 9:12 PM

Kelly was put in a situation where he was going to prove that against the odds he was a better QB or be so that after the game if cole was named the starter that they could look at the spring game and give Chad a reason that he wasn't starting other than Cole has been here longer. They put Kelly who already had problems in a position to fully max out his emotions and he couldnt handle it. In the end though it is best that he is gone and Cole will get a honorary season to play some before it is Watson's show.

maybe the other guys were pretty good, too

Jun 12, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to he wasn't named the starter until kelly was dismissed....... ]

And, let's be honest, the only other guy who was likely to be named starter was Chad Kelly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he will...

Jun 12, 2014, 10:36 AM

in 2015

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Yes he will...

Jun 12, 2014, 11:00 AM

Won't that be sophomore of year in 2015?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he will be redshirted next year...

Jun 12, 2014, 11:01 AM

try to keep up.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think so....***

Jun 12, 2014, 11:02 AM

Re: No he will be redshirted next year...

Jun 12, 2014, 11:03 AM [ in reply to No he will be redshirted next year... ]

I'm keeping up fine but DW won't redshirt, he will get much needed playing time during mop up duty.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe against SC State, NC State and

Jun 12, 2014, 11:34 AM

The last game before Charlotte.

That's about it

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: No he will be redshirted next year... ]

IMO, getting a few series at the end of the SC State and Georgia State games isn't worth a chance to give him an extra year. I hope the plan is to redshirt him baring injury to Stoudt.

Jun 12, 2014, 12:05 PM

Agree. Especially with Schuessler there too. Although Watson probably leaves early for the draft, so in the end it probably won't matter

^^^^^Gets it^^^^^

Jun 12, 2014, 5:58 PM

DW will have to make a decision after 3 years no matter what - why not get him dialed in with decent play time this year??? See Manzel last year. See Winston this year (baring prison). He will not be able to go 5 years in college, best we can hope is three, and he decides to come back for fourth. Crazy not to use him this year.

Jun 12, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: No he will be redshirted next year... ]

I sure hope he can R/S!1 that would be HUGE

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2014, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: No he will be redshirted next year... ]

They will be putting him in every chance they get not just in mop up duty for SC state. The only way he does not get extensive game time this season is if he beat FSU and are in the hunt for a title. We lose to UGA and FSU the coaches might go ahead and throw him in there and they might as well because with the play off this year 2 losses and your done and I doubt FSU is gonna drop 2 ACC games if they beat us.

Re: FB Update: Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?

Jun 12, 2014, 12:34 PM

I hope not as well...that would mean that Cole performed horribly and we probably have lost 3 or 4. I would much rather see him win an award next year.

1st of All Stoudt was Slaughtering Kelly for #1 QB Job

Jun 12, 2014, 6:37 PM

Dabo and Chad promised Kelly a shot at the job and kept their promise knowing Kelly would come up short. Watson will not play much and only in mop-up duty. If Watson plays, it means Stoudt has played very poorly and cost us games. I expect Stoudt to exceed everyone's expectations and Watson to become starter in 2015 with Clemson fans asking if he can have the season Stoudt had in 2014.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic