Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: It's never too early to talk Clemson and Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,260

New Story: It's never too early to talk Clemson and Georgia

Jun 8, 2014, 4:22 PM

It's never too early to talk Clemson and Georgia

The season opener is still almost three months away, but TigerNet caught up with Bulldog play-by-play announcer Scott Howard late last week. What does he say about the rivalry? What does he say about their new defensive coordinator? What was the atmosphere like in Death Valley last season? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odds..."That is probably right about a home game"....really?

Jun 8, 2014, 4:37 PM

I believe Clemson was the home team last year and Vegas got that one waaay wrong....

By the way I just got my voice back last week from that one on the hill..

Death Valley was like a "SEC atmosphere"......really? So Vanderbilt and Ole Miss bring that type of environment.....Give me a break. Try shock therapy!

That dude's SEC comments are basically the opposite of

Jun 8, 2014, 4:59 PM

cognitive dissonance. The "typical SEC-type atmosphere....(SEC ! SEC ! SEC !)" is actually a case of COGNITIVE ASSININANCE.... Pardon the spelling...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate pompous SEC types...

Jun 8, 2014, 4:53 PM

was the atmosphere at Clemson off the charts or just typical? It can't be both! I'd bet good money that you don't get that type of energy at the ho hum typical night game in Vanderbilt's stadium.

with you on that

Jun 10, 2014, 12:28 PM

"Typical SEC type of atmosphere."

Whatever.

There's plenty of big stadiums, and big games, going on in the SEC, and yes, playing in front of 83K - or even 100K, as they do in Tennessee - is fairly common. What isn't common is the circus atmosphere, the intensity down on field level - everyone who's ever been to Clemson comments that it feels like the crowd is right on top of you - and the raw NOISE Death Valley can generate, which because of acoustics is rivaled by only 2-3 stadiums anywhere in the world (and none of the others are in the SEC...take a bow, Autzen Stadium and Oregon Ducks.) Honestly the SEC upgraded when they brought in Texas A&M because the Aggies and their "12th Man" fans can bring it in a way more long-standing SEC teams just can't get to. But SEC elitism has gotten so endemic - especially when you're talking about, say, an SEC team that really hasn't done anything in awhile, like UGA - that they can't admit Death Valley is...different. (Credit to FSU here...even their fans will admit Death Valley is just a different animal than Bobby Bowden Field at Doak Campbell's Really-Big-Pile-of-Bricks Stadium), which is often shockingly quiet despite itself seating 80K+.

"typical type sec atmosphere from a UGA perspective"

Jun 8, 2014, 4:57 PM

trying to put a jab in the middle of the compliment, sounds like someone who would back stab you while smiling.

Sad thing is it was pretty good until that point.

I wouldn't trust that guy with in an empty closet.

Re: New Story: It's never too early to talk Clemson and Georgia

Jun 8, 2014, 5:40 PM

Where does he come up with typical SEC atmosphere at an ACC venue? I guess consider the source. Tigers won the game and that's all that matters. As far as point spread, it is way to early to even think about point spreads. I guess we will find out on day of game. GO TIGERS !!!!!

Why not put odds on 2015 results while you're at it?

Jun 8, 2014, 5:51 PM

Anyone thinking lines created now have much value might as well look at recruiting classes and start putting lines on 2015 games, too. The guesswork is not that different.

So much is unknown, still. I mean, just a few months ago the Dawg's defense looked totally different than it does now. And who knows the real roster and depth chart come August 30 for both sides? Will there be any more players held out as punishment, too?

I have no doubt we will be the underdog. But elsewhere I've read that many odds makers are predicting UGA to have an 11 win season. Really? With hardly any defensive starters who played much last year or the year before?? With a QB who has only played a couple of full games, and required OT to win one (GT) and lost the other in a pretty mediocre showing for a QB? It's all hooey for now.

Vandy, Kentucky, ole miss, miss st

Jun 9, 2014, 11:15 AM

sure add to that "SEC type of atmosphere" mindset. Whatever that means.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nine conference games in the Southeastern Conference?

Jun 9, 2014, 11:21 AM

Did I miss something?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apparently I did, too. This kind of goes to credibility, eh?***

Jun 9, 2014, 11:41 AM

Some SEC schools have a Clemsonesque

Jun 9, 2014, 11:28 AM

atmosphere.....gots to say it right,,,

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Where is Hood getting his line of "5"?

Jun 11, 2014, 9:16 AM

I'm still seeing 8.5 on 5dimes.

http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx

Yea, but someone switched the '+' and the '-'.....***

Jun 11, 2014, 9:20 AM

I choose to look at it this way.

Jun 21, 2014, 11:53 AM

It's just over two months away.

thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,260
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic