Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bring on the Hogs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,432

New Story: Bring on the Hogs

May 15, 2014, 4:32 PM

Bring on the Hogs

Clemson's 2015 recruiting class is now ranked fifth nationally by ESPN, but it isn't wide receivers or running backs leading the way - it's offensive linemen. The Tigers now have four of ESPN's Top 300 linemen verbally committed. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Bring on the Hogs

May 15, 2014, 4:39 PM

Need to get Albert Huggins, Settle, Suttle, Bryant, Bouleware, Warikobo. We should be setup nicely for a NC run.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 15, 2014, 6:57 PM

Unless the staff goes hard core after Tuttle I think he's a Tarheel. I think DJ Jones is as good as Tuttle and with him on campus Saturday it's gonna be a huge visit.

I am not sure why Tuttle would want to go to UNC

May 15, 2014, 8:22 PM

I worked at that university for 3 years. The opening day of football season one year I was at a bar on Franklin St and they would not turn off tennis for football. Granted it was a Thursday night game and the tennis was the US Open, but seriously, tennis over opening day of football in a college town? There is a not a football town in America that would have not turned on the football game. Leave the tennis on a corner tv for the one person that wants to watch it, and let the rest of the real men watch football-not that hard.

Also, I found out really quick that they are not all that fond of having Christians around. Well, I will say at least it is tolerated but not nearly celebrated. It is a very homosexual friendly place, which is fine if that is your taste, but with that brings anti-Christian sentiments. You can no longer get Chick fil a at the student center because they removed it during the whole gay marriage debate when the CFA owner came out against gay marriage. With Perry Tuttle being a devout Christian, I imagine this would cause issue with him. Not because of his beliefs towards them, but because he will be chastised by some (a lot) at UNC because of the way he believes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not sure why Tuttle would want to go to UNC

May 15, 2014, 11:34 PM

Not to mention the ongoing academic scandals at UNC, recently the subject of a CNN report. I believe UNC is currently being sued by a former player who affirms that his degree is totally bogus and worthless. Can't imagine why a player of Tuttle's talent would even consider that place. But with UNC, it's not at all inconceivable that there is some $$ involved. They seem capable of anything.

Objectively,

May 16, 2014, 8:05 AM [ in reply to I am not sure why Tuttle would want to go to UNC ]

it sounds like they need him a lot more than we do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC has better academic reputation. Hate that baby blue tho.***

May 17, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to I am not sure why Tuttle would want to go to UNC ]

May 15, 2014, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Bring on the Hogs ]

I love it. Usually games are won or lost in the trenches.
Build from the inside out. Keep going Dabo and Co. With Settles and one or two more, we could have an absolutely menacing OL. And, we are getting some hogs on defense.

May 15, 2014, 7:03 PM

Good article. Thanks

May 15, 2014, 11:35 PM

Thank you.

great article David

May 16, 2014, 12:19 AM

You always write the best articles. I love reading them. With that said, I could not agree with you more that lineman are unsung heroes of football. Honestly though, I think we have had a pretty good line on both sides these past 2 yrs. But that was more of our coaches doing a great job developing our players. There's no telling what they can do with the guys we're getting in this class. Building a great offense and defensive line like this attracts more Qb's, Rb's, Wr's, and linebackers. I couldn't be more proud of our coaching staff. Can't wait to see what the future holds. Go tigers!

Re: great article David

May 16, 2014, 6:17 AM

I see championships, big championships in our future!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2014, 9:33 AM

Great news-maybe we can get back to mean and nasty like the Bostic brothers brought.

Yes I am showing my age.

May 16, 2014, 10:38 AM

When I first met Joe's son a few years ago at a Prowl and Growl, I was thinking he might turnout to be a heck of a player, he's bigger than Joe...taller and heavier, but unfortunately he doesn't really like football.

Took too long to figure it out but should pay off in 3-4 yrs***

May 17, 2014, 11:38 AM

Heck..

May 17, 2014, 4:48 PM

it only took 20 years for our coaches to finally, get it!

Guess better late than never.

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic