Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Athlon's Preseason top 25 rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,085

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Athlon's Preseason top 25 rankings

May 13, 2014, 9:39 AM

Clemson ranked in Athlon's Preseason top 25 rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many unknowns on offense for such early rankings

May 13, 2014, 10:08 AM

to make much sense. Besides, it's more of a popularity contest until teams start playing.

I like being underrated. I think it will especially motivate the likes of Stoudt who has waited years to his shot and has so much to prove in his mind.

Re: Too many unknowns on offense for such early rankings

May 13, 2014, 11:33 AM

Stoudt wants to follow in his dads foot steps and become an NFL QB, and he realizes this will be his only chance to prove what he can do as a starting college QB. Its now or never for Cole, and he is ready!!! He has been pretty calm the times he has played back up, and he won't be over whelmed as a starter. IMO, I believe that Cole will have an awesome year. He is no rookie, and he has grown up waiting for this moment. He has had way more playing time than Jameis had starting as a red shirt freshman. Cole will be and do just fine. Gooooo Tigerssssss, run the table, and the possibility is there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget how the team feels about Stoudt either

May 13, 2014, 12:05 PM

This is just one example. A tweet from Eric MacLain.

"Shout out to QB1 @CStoudt_18 for being a good leader and never taking any days off"

https://twitter.com/mr_clemson/statu...77059173371904

Before this tweet Stoudt had tweeted this:

"Champions are made when no one is looking #Clemson #NoBreaks"

http://instagram.com/p/nyMAvWilmg/

Clearly he is not relaxing for a day and his dedication is recognized.

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Athlon's Preseason top 25 rankings

May 13, 2014, 11:07 AM

I think that's a fair preseason estimate.
Somewhere between 18 -25.

Athlon is the precursor of bleacher report***

May 13, 2014, 11:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this ranking

May 13, 2014, 12:22 PM

We lost alot of starters on offense and the guys replacing them have never started a game. I think Stoudt is going to end up being a great QB but who is going to step up and catch the ball for him. He's going to have create good chemistry with his receivers like Boyd did with Sammy and nuk. I think our defense is top 10 but we just don't know much about our offense yet. Heck, we don't even know who our starting RB is. Go tigers!

Re: I agree with this ranking

May 13, 2014, 12:49 PM

Charone Peake, Germone Hopper, Adam Humphries, Kyrin Priester, Mike Williams, Daniel Rodriguez along with some pretty good TEs in Sam Cooper, Jordan Leggett, Stanton Seckinger, Jay Jay McCullough, and that's not counting all those true freshman 4* WRs and TEs we have. And surly a couple of them will step up and be productive this season. I really don't see finding somebody to catch the ball is going to be a problem. I don't think that anybody we will play, will have a stable of ball catchers that we have. Will there be a Sammy Wakins, probably not, but FSU didn't have a Sammy Watkins last year either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2014, 11:08 PM

Super Assessment.

May 14, 2014, 1:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree with this ranking ]

They had a Rashad Green that scored a touchdown where he wouldn't have been down in tag football lol jk but seriously. I agree with all this except Rodriguez, great story but I don't believe he contributes. There was a reason he got taken off kick off team last year, FSU game two years ago at FSU is that reason. He's not that kind of athlete, not ready for those types of games and types of players. I think Hopper is, Peake is, and Williams sure as heck is. Leggett, Cooper, Seckinger, McCullough, man those guys can all go get it. I think Artavis Scott will be that home run guy for the next few years. Pinion is going to be huge all year, he's gonna help us a ton in field position. Wish he could kick field goals

May 14, 2014, 12:36 AM [ in reply to I agree with this ranking ]

Just to add, I don't believe the skill positions are the question mark. We have more than capable players there. The biggest concern, as most years, is the offensive line. What will it do against the FSUs of the world. That is why I am okay with the ranking. Although, I got a feeling that they will be ready for Georgia and will have a surprisingly better performance in the Florida State game this year. Go Tigers!!!

May 14, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to I agree with this ranking ]

I question people that that are saying the same things as the blogs about what we "lost". We have recruited wonderfully and have done an even better job developing our players. The coaches have shown the capacity to adjust based on personnel and I think for that reason we should at least be top 15. AT LEAST

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2014, 11:52 PM

The receivers are going to be fine. Did anyone consider how many of Cole's passes went to Sammy and Martavious? Not many. Y'all say he played mop up time. We'll he did what he did with mostly back up and freshman receivers. They have been and will continue to grow up together. I think our offense will surprise the college football world. No Sammy to concentrate on. Defenses will have to cover the entire field. I think Chad Morris is going to love mixing it up like never before.

anything lower than #12 is wrong.

May 16, 2014, 7:34 AM [ in reply to I agree with this ranking ]

Lets go prove it again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic