Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN's McShay applauds Watkins trade, but has questions about Bills QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,842

FB Update: ESPN's McShay applauds Watkins trade, but has questions about Bills QB

May 12, 2014, 9:03 PM

ESPN's McShay applauds Watkins trade, but has questions about Bills QB

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I've said, Tajh has clearly been a better QB than

May 12, 2014, 9:16 PM

Manuel, and in 4 years of college, Tajh did almost everything better. I never understood the lovefest that Manuel seemed to generate out of thin-air after his college career was pretty much over, nor the relative lack of interest in Boyd. It makes no sense at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Height is way to big of a factor when talking about NFL QB's

May 12, 2014, 9:19 PM

also, manuel had the same consistency and accuracy problems in college as Tajh and won less. Only knock is that EJ's offense was less "gimmicky" then Tajh's

Re: Height is way to big-etc

May 12, 2014, 9:43 PM

I'm coming to conclusion the height card :) is overplayed. Sure it helps, but if you connect with your intended receiver, that's the bottomline.
I have a similar opinion of "gimmicky"...if it puts a "W" on the scoreboard at the end of the game, fine. I'm sure people said the same thing about the "Wishbone", Shotgun, Triple Option, etc etc How about the "Wedge"...they made that illegal, probably because it worked..LOL and kind of similar to Saban complaining about the "HurryUp", and pushing to ban that. Everyone is always looking for an advantage. The first ones typically have the advantage.
I'm personally enjoying the quicker pace. It's made the game more interesting than previously. Much better than the "3 yards and a cloud of dust". 'just another opinion..
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I said on draft night and got blasted for not knowing

May 12, 2014, 9:50 PM

What the pto experts know, measurables are overvalued and the it factor is undervalued in general across the league scouting and gms

It's ridiculously overplayed. Didn't hurt Johnny Maziel too

May 12, 2014, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Height is way to big-etc ]

much. 4 other QBs who went before Tajh were only 1" taller.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Right? But when it comes to Tajh it's the first thing they

May 14, 2014, 10:21 AM

mention. Also, wasn't Johnny's offense "Gimmicky" But it's okay because he won a heisman? If Russell Wilson can be a QB in the NFL then so can Tajh.

I think if EJ was our QB instead of Tajh, we would've been

May 12, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Like I've said, Tajh has clearly been a better QB than ]

about the same. I think he would've been just as effective as Tajh. But I agree in that I think Tajh deserved as much attention as EJ.

They Should Have Traded E.J. Manuel. And Drafted Tahj***

May 12, 2014, 10:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They Should Have Traded E.J. Manuel. And Drafted Tahj***

May 13, 2014, 9:33 AM

IMO, they would have been making, at the very least, a lateral trade, and probably an upgrade, especially from a leadership standpoint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry...

May 13, 2014, 10:04 AM

But E.J. Manuel isn't half the QB Tajh Boyd is. E.J.'s NFL days are numbered.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EJ will never stay healthy

May 13, 2014, 5:06 PM [ in reply to They Should Have Traded E.J. Manuel. And Drafted Tahj*** ]

He is way too injury prone. Stayed injured in College and his Rookie year. Tajh can take a lick. There were times in the LSU game where I didn't know if he was getting back up. he's a durable guy. Exactly what buffalo needs considering they don't have an O-line that can run or pass block. They just have 5 guys standing out there in the way. Reason I won't draft Spiller to my fantasy team again. That and he wants Fred jackson to get the ball in the endzone after he gets it inside the 5

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,842
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic