Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,612

New Story: NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential

May 2, 2014, 1:19 PM

NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential

NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock said Thursday that former Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant has second round potential. However, there are some red flags. What does he say about Bryant's talent? What are those red flags? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential

May 2, 2014, 3:29 PM

He really could have benefited from another year in college, especially if he was the man with us and got even more looks now that Sammy is gone.

Can't blame a kid for leaving early but in the long run it might really hurt his long term career in the NFL, they don't have to pay you big bucks anymore so if you aren't performing in 3 years you are more than likely done.

Seahawks

May 2, 2014, 4:15 PM

Love to see what Pete Carroll can do with him. Love the sound of that.

Completely Disagree...

May 2, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential ]

There is no guarantee that the Clemson's offense will be as productive without Tajh Boyd under center. Bryant received a good draft grade and his stock has skyrocketed since the NFL combine. Many of us wanted this kid to come back for our own selfish reasons, but he made the right choice.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Completely Disagree...

May 2, 2014, 5:35 PM

I wanted them to come to Clemson to benefit Clemson, that's right Clemson. When they could have been as good as Bryant could have, yes I wanted him to stay for Clemson. When a player isn't working out at Clemson, I want them gone for Clemson. I am a Clemson fan through and through FIRST, yep FIRST, all day, all the time, always. I will never apologize for wanting only the best at Clemson for Clemson first and foremost!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Completely Disagree...

May 3, 2014, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Completely Disagree... ]

The offense didn't have to more productive, but Bryant potentially could have had a bigger part in it. You seem to be making the assumption that Watkins would still be at Clemson grabbing the same amount of catches, but he clearly would be gone. So, even without Boyd under center, Bryant should have been the focal point of the passing game. My view is that he should have stayed to show he could be a 1st-Rounder.

He made the right choice for him

May 3, 2014, 8:41 AM

There's one thing that no one here has mentioned, and that's the fact that Bryant has two, very young children. He was ready to go out and make some money to support his family. Not to mention, he had an up close view, watching Tajh's decision to come back cost him what will likely be millions of dollars. It's easy to say, "so & so needs to come back for another season." In a perfect world, sure he could've come back and made himself better, but he could've also come back and blown his knee out in his final game. Often times in these situations, the risk is just far greater than the reward.

Can't blame him

May 3, 2014, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: NFL analyst thinks Bryant has second round potential ]

You really can't blame him though. He had all this chemistry with Tajh and would have to get good with Cole. Also, arguably the best QB to come through Clemson just left. Not saying Cole won't be good, but to roll the dice, it's kind of smart. He would've benefited, but maybe Cole won't produce as much as Tajh. I would imagine he weighed all options though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2014, 5:41 PM

Bryant is going to make his first Million before turning 25. Who can argue with that. Average contract for a second round pick is $2.65 million with a signing bonus of $1.65 million.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2014, 7:08 PM

Bryant has ideal size & speed for a WR.

I hope he gets an opportunity that puts him in a position to be successful.

Very Smart Decision

May 3, 2014, 9:27 AM

Martavis made the only possible decision. For the Clemson fans who wanted him to stay, when we stop caring about what is right for the players is when they should play elsewhere. Martavis is physically ready - he needs the field reps, mental reps and pro coaching to take the next step. He has a bright future over the next 3-4 yrs if he puts in the work with the playbook and conditioning. Best to him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2014, 12:10 PM

I wish the best for all Clemson students and athletes. Bryant is looking at being a millionaire in a few days or weeks. I wish him all the success in the world and more good and greater things in the future. Bryant made the decision he felt best for him, and that is enough for me. 2 receivers in first 2 rounds! Make Clemson proud, guys!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,612
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic