Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Father Knows Best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Father Knows Best

May 5, 2014, 11:39 AM

Father Knows Best

Cole Stoudt was named Clemson's starting quarterback a few weeks ago, but unlike most college quarterbacks he can go home and pick the brain of a former NFL player when he needs to talk. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His relationship with his Dad is great, and while it is cool

May 5, 2014, 11:49 AM

Does Morris get a chance to coach him?? LOL
I know it sounds like a dumb question but I never hear him mention Morris........... input please?

read the article and particularly Cole's quotes***

May 5, 2014, 11:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His relationship with his Dad is great, and while it is cool

May 5, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to His relationship with his Dad is great, and while it is cool ]

No doubt Morris gets to coach him. Do you think for a minute that the Clemson coaches would just let his dad coach and not listen to them? We just kicked a guy like that off the team.
Don't think Morris ever played QB in pros. This gives him an added bonus. This kid would probably have been a 4 year starter anywhere else.

I'm not so sure he would of been a 4 yr

May 5, 2014, 12:31 PM

Starter anywhere else. He's a good QB but its takin alot of work to get where he is now. His brother played at ole miss and wasnt that great of a QB. In fact I think he lost the starting job midway through the season. I do however think cole is alot better QB than his brother

Re: I'm not so sure he would of been a 4 yr

May 5, 2014, 5:09 PM

I'm not so sure he would HAVE been a 4 yr starter either. However, I believe he has the ability to be one of our greats. I think he would have started at most schools last year.

Re: I'm not so sure he would of been a 4 yr

May 5, 2014, 10:21 PM [ in reply to I'm not so sure he would of been a 4 yr ]

Wow gets your facts straight. His brother had a career ending injury>..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His relationship with his Dad is great, and while it is cool

May 5, 2014, 11:58 AM [ in reply to His relationship with his Dad is great, and while it is cool ]

Isn't that literally a picture of the chad coaching Cole above the link to this article?

Re: New Story: Father Knows Best

May 5, 2014, 11:52 AM

Who knows, Cole may come in and break every single season record we have. Then again, he may not be what he believes he can be. But for Clemson Tigers sake, I just hope that he finds a way to win and not caring about anything more than the win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^^^

May 5, 2014, 11:57 AM

Only record that matters is W.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

May 5, 2014, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Father Knows Best ]

I love the guy. But can he run? As slender as he is I doubt the coaches would want him running a lot. And as yet we just don't have a game-changing RB. Zac Brooks is still 185. Howard has yet to really show anything. There's Dye who's injured and may be back for fall camp. Who is the former pro baseball player who has apparently walked on as an RB? I've heard that he is about 230 and has some speed. Anyone have any input? We could sure use a stud in the backfield.

Very cool!***

May 5, 2014, 12:46 PM

May 5, 2014, 12:49 PM

I like everything he says. Good attitude, has been patitent , prepared and a hard worker. I'm glad he's getting an oppurtunity to start. He's earned it!
Go Cole

May 5, 2014, 1:16 PM

Hey, the guy has showed me he can play qb at Clemson in Chad's system. You don't complete all of those passes without some skill and coaching. It helps having a dad who can show him how to find open receivers and not to look at receivers and try to for a ball to the target. I feel he will have a great year for the Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

imo We Are In Great Hands With CoLE & Will Win Lots of Games

May 5, 2014, 1:26 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our OL can give him enough pocket time

May 5, 2014, 3:38 PM

Stoudt could have a Boyd type season numerically. If nothing else I expect fewer INTs and more patience on the read. Fingers crossed on how he survives 60 minutes of a physical defense. We may get to see it between the hedges, but we will certainly see it in Tallahassee.

Cole has an advantage over Tajh.

May 5, 2014, 5:54 PM

Besides being a quicker and better decision maker the opposition's line backers will be kept honest because Cole can run the option read from under center. Unfortunately, Tajh just didn't have the height nor the mind to run it except from the shotgun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole has an advantage over Tajh.

May 5, 2014, 6:23 PM

Well said, sir.

Tajh was/is a well coached QB and he did a hell of a job with his God given abilites. What he was not blessed with is the ability to consistently be impeccable in the clutch. Cole Stoudt has this, let's hope we see a lot of it this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

May 5, 2014, 11:36 PM

I heard somewhere that Cole was up to 230. He doesn't look it, but wouldn't that be great Any info?

May 5, 2014, 11:38 PM

Here's a good link for news updates

May 5, 2014, 11:41 PM

I'm not really a baseball fan. What does that have to do
football?

May 5, 2014, 11:43 PM

Sorry -- here you go: Link

Read This entire string it is all true!!!

May 5, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to If our OL can give him enough pocket time ]

I don't have anything to add because everyone has spoken so well above me. Cole will be much different than Tajh; but different can be good! Cole knows more about the offense than Tajh. He is a great young man and I believe he will show that to everyone this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope Cole breaks a lot of records this year. Patiently

May 5, 2014, 5:45 PM

waited behind a great QB without complaining and deserves any accolades he gets. Also glad that his Dad and family moved closer to give him the personal coaching which can do nothing but improve him in all areas of his game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope Cole breaks a lot of records this year. Patiently

May 5, 2014, 11:39 PM

My main concern is that he won't have a quality OL to support him. Shame.

Georgia

May 5, 2014, 6:07 PM

I guarantee, guarantee....The BDs will test Stoudt
early and often. They know he isn't going out run
anyone. So can he deliver the ball quickly and to
open targets. Can he get ball out quickly (we'll see)

May 5, 2014, 6:15 PM

did Cole "Trickle" Stoudt just compare (inadvertently or otherwise) Tajh Boyd to Terry Bradshaw? b/c the only thing similar about those two is their initials.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic